Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM       
I really liked the first one, the second was a lot of fun, but didn't leave as much of an impact on me as the first, and the demo for the third... well 'underwhelming' was the first thing I could think of to describe it.
Oh and fuck their DLC fleecing cuntisodes. Release proper expansions, not this micro transaction bullshit.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 11:09 PM       
Post from the CEO of Bioware today says they're going to expand on the ending with DLC. Hopefully they correct all the plot holes you could drive a tank through.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM       
To be fair I can drive a tank through a mouse hole.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
Post from the CEO of Bioware today says they're going to expand on the ending with DLC. Hopefully they correct all the plot holes you could drive a tank through.
Lemme guess: you need to pay them AGAIN to get the good ending, right?

Just kidding. OF COURSE they'll charge you extra for a better ending!

has a woody
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:23 PM       
Since people kept complaining about ME3's ending, Square Enix decided to put Commander Shepard in a game that has no ending instead

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM       
ol

this is pretty funny really i mean how often do you really play a videogame that ends up having good plot twists and shitanymore anyway.
Gix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM       
loved everything til the last 10min
and am sure everyone know why
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM       
Do you think that maybe they did it on purpose, so that people would be almost forced to purchase a better ending in DLC? Or maybe They made it a bad ending on purpose, so that when they "fix" it, they become the good guys of the video game world?
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM       
i want to believe it was done with reason,but i really feel that it was on purpose and that bioware felt fine with that ending, thier focus shifted to the MP and ME4 and few other dlc.
i think the outrage over the ending caught them off guard, so with this new dlc coming in april i think it will just add on the ending.
imo,i believe bioware was just over eager on getting started with ME4 or the ME mmo that has been hinted at
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM       
I don't know that ME4 is even going to happen, so I doubt that's it. I genuinely think that they thought they were doing a good job with it. I've got a friend that works there, and I spoke with a bunch of others that do as well, and everyone seemed pretty honest about it. I just think that they're really starting to take fan opinion into consideration.

That was very funny. Well done.
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM       
Yeah, I think that they went off into their own little world and didn't realize the epic level of shit that they were creating. Their idea of "players' choices affect everything" and what actual players actually interpreted that to mean is obviously very different. I can understand them trying to railroad players back into one common storyline for future storyline potential, but the way they executed everything is a horrible pile of suck. Three endings that only differ by the colour of the explosions, all with the same gaping plot holes.

I'm reasonably confident that it will be fixed with DLC, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. What was seen cannot be unseen and my faith in Bioware to produce good games is gone. DA2 was a disappointment and the end of ME3 was just rubbing salt on the wound.
AlliSabbah is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:53 PM       
I loved Mass Effect Three but I was kind of hoping for more of a Fallout type of Ending where it would wrap up things based upon your actions. Very disappointed but I am sure they will make a cash grab and make more content to continue it.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 04:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I don't know that ME4 is even going to happen, so I doubt that's it.
Hasn´t there been a leak of some sort, revealing almost all planned DLC and the concept for Mass Shift or whatever they call the next story?
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 02:51 PM       
reading this and was,"mmmm"
http://www.gamefront.com/rumor-mass-...-due-in-april/
has a woody
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 10:07 PM       
"And it's free"

If it wasn't, Bioware would lose pretty much all of its fans overnight, I think.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 09:58 PM       
mass shift? hopefuly its a timetravel game :O
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 10:40 PM       
Some of the bitching really goes from thoughtful and coherent to entitled and stupid. Critisize all you want, but don't fucking act like you're owed anything. If 99% of the game was good, then shutup because you got your money's worth.

I agree that it definitely could have and should have been better than that, that they should've written it better, and it'll be a really dick move to try to get people to pay for an "actual ending," but until that happens, settle the fuck down. Call it a narrative misstep. I'm not going to hate BioWare because they fucked up. They also made some of my favorite games and by all indications, they seem to care about story and fans.

Edit: That's in general, not specifically here. I just posted here because there's no fucking way that's even worth saying at some of the other places, and there's at least a chance that a few people here aren't quite so filled with entitled nerd rage.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 12:43 AM       
I can't believe there are still people who expected them to turn out a quality ending after DA2.

Anyway, for me, the complaining that went too far was when a group of the fans decided to submit a complaint to the FTC and the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/7426-fan...-3-ending.html

That right there is seeing your friend being a whiny bitch and saying, "son, let me show you some first-class crying over spilt milk."

Old Mar 29th, 2012, 08:23 PM       
i will have to say,i never seen so much outrage before,this is epic rage if you will.
The New Yorker,and Forbes even got into the action
for me i kinda look at bioware in a new light,with DA2 and ME3, am more cautious now and will no longer just buy on blind faith,60$ for a game isn't cheap and not something i can just through away,imo
The Wolf
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM       
I'm going to be more cautious with every game that I buy from now on, but that's largely due to the new Resident Evil. Fuck that game. Then again, I've pre-ordered BioShock Infinite and GTA V on blind faith, but I reeeeally doubt either of those will make me regret it.

BioWare has made more games that I consider classics than any other company, so I'm willing to cut them some slack. Well, Rockstar is on-par and they've never disappointed me, but I still love BioWare. I'm really curious as to how DA3 will play.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM       
someone sent a 1000 cupcakes to the biowares offices as a rant about the ending

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM       
They were color coded to match the colors of the ending, with A,B,C on them, because Bioware was all "THE ENDING WON'T BE A, B, OR C" even though they did that anyways.

BANNED

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:29 AM       
i want a cupcake
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 02:14 AM       
I love this whole thing because I can keep telling the same tired ass Godfather III joke whenever someone else I know brings it up, like some old man hitting on a new nurse at the retirement home
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM       
I had this amazing idea yesterday, did a little research and then cranked out a better ending to Mass Effect 3 today.

http://members.shaw.ca/achimp/me3/

Don't click if you don't want spoilers and have been living under a rock for the last month. Also, you need a modern browser for this, so none of that shitty IE6 business. Chrome or Firefox work best.