Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:08 AM        Nixon posthumously going after Kerry.....
:/

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4534613/

btw, the O'Neill guy they mention is the same guy who's doing the talk show circuit this week, informing us on how Kerry isn't a real war hero.

According to politics1.com, "O'Neill was soon rewarded for his GOP loyalty with a prestigious law clerkship to US Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist in 1974-75. Now, O'Neill is back and again attacking Kerry all over the TV dial. And -- guess what -- O'Neill also has political ties to the current President Bush. It turns out O'Neill's own law partner is Margaret Wilson, who served as General Counsel to Texas Governor George W. Bush in 1998-2000."
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:43 AM       
Yeah, because getting wounded three times is a walk in the park compared to nine days in the National Guard.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 09:39 AM       
My favorite thing about this, is that even if for the sake of argument O'neil is %100 correct, what he's saying is:

1 of his three Purple Hearts wasn't for much of anything!

Okay, point 1: You don't award yourself medals. Other people award them to you.

Point 2: THAT STILL LEAVES TWO PURPLE HEARTS!

Point 3: Purple hearts are for getting wounded, not for valor or courage.

Point 4: He has medals for valor and courage.

How weak an argument is that? "I'm here to tell you that Kerry's service in the Vietnam war was not really, really, really heroic! It was just really, really, heroic. Of course those determintations were made by other people, BUT HOW DARE THAT BASTARD CALL HIMSELF REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, HEROIC! A man who would do that does not deserve to be your president. Thank you for your time."
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM       
Did anyone hear about a bunch of Congressmen calling Kerry "Hanoi John"?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:52 AM       
Yep. While equally cynical and desperate, this at very least has some tiny logic behind it.

The idea is that his bravery in the war is outweighed by his activism against it, ie. he did more damage to American Soldiers as a whole by protesting than good to any individual he might have saved.

Actually, I think it counts for him twice. He was patriotic enough to serve and brave enough to risk personal safety for a cause he didn't agree with. Then he was brave enough to stand up for his beliefs and try to bring the war to a close so more people wouldn't have to mke the same sacrafices.

All of that was a long time ago, and to me, not such a big issue now. I think that by insisting on examining Kerry's life in the seventies, the Republican's are shooting temselves in the foot. It invites comparison with a hard drinking frat boy who can't prove he competed his service in the national guard and then 'worked it out' with the army so he could quit early and go to business school. W would be far better served by comparing his adult self to Kerry's adult self. If I were a Republican strategist, I would try to mke the argument that W is growing as a person, while Kerry is shrinking. I don't buy that for an instant, but at least it's arguable.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:10 PM       
You guys could have just put "ATTN: Vinth" in the title
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women