Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
It is also worth noting that the game had no manual; its splash screen explained, Real men don’t need instructions.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM       
Woah, T-Rex you need to lay off the god damn wiki links.
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 03:51 AM       
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 10:26 PM       
I just found out about Brutal Legend coming out 4th quarter of 2008. A Roadie is transported to Heavy Metal land(so I guess Norse Mythology mixed with epic metal), wields a battle axe and guitar. Can control various npcs to attack(similiar to the darkness, I believe) Worth mentioning that Lemmy and Rob Halford are doing voices in it. Doesn't look too bad, made by the same guy who brought you Secret of Monkey Island.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM       
I still can't wait for Earth No More.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
At least smoke doesn't affect my 360's laser.
!!!

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 07:28 AM       
I watched some video footage of the new Call Of Duty 4 maps. "Creek" looks awesome. The review said it's really big and open, ideal for sniping. Set in an out door environment, it was designed for the guillie suit.

one million
Sebra is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM       
man bart vs the space mutants is hard
Madface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I just found out about Brutal Legend coming out 4th quarter of 2008. A Roadie is transported to Heavy Metal land(so I guess Norse Mythology mixed with epic metal), wields a battle axe and guitar. Can control various npcs to attack(similiar to the darkness, I believe) Worth mentioning that Lemmy and Rob Halford are doing voices in it. Doesn't look too bad, made by the same guy who brought you Secret of Monkey Island.
Holy snap! I had no idea Halford was voicing in it. My interest has officially been peaked.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM       
That screenshot reminds me of one of the arenas from that old Kids Gone Wild or whateveritwascalled gameshow on Nickelodeon.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
wild & crazy kids
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 11:03 PM       
I don't understand how that could remind you of it.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:47 PM       
I think they had a special episode once where they went to Orlando Studios and played some kind of paintballesque game. This is only a very vague memory since I was probably 4 or 5 when I saw it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM       
I was gonna say, all I remember about that show was green slime and elementary school PE games
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
i remember when they shot that black chick and replaced her with a white one

that show was black enough as it was
Which is it???
MrLieutenant is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM       
My favourite game, after all this time, is still Kid Icarus...

Unfortunately, my old codes don't work anymore with the Wii virtual console stuff... But I rarely used them anyways...

Last edited by MrLieutenant : Apr 21st, 2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: useless stop button and reflex created a double post
Which is it???
MrLieutenant is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM       
DOUBLE POST: I VANQUISH THEE!

Last edited by MrLieutenant : Apr 21st, 2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: yeah...
!!!

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:17 AM       
Don't you find that games today, although really fun, aren't as easily picked up and played as older games are? Example, Co-op play: Contra VS Army Of Two. Anyone will be familiar with Contras concept and controls in about twenty seconds. AOT would require about 15-20 minutes to really get into it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I think they had a special episode once where they went to Orlando Studios and played some kind of paintballesque game. This is only a very vague memory since I was probably 4 or 5 when I saw it.
Like a wild west shootout I think.

They had one kid who got shot with paintballs and did some over the top fall to the ground.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:27 PM       
So it seems like every first party Nintendo release is just a little more mediocre than the last one, which I then appreciate a whole lot more than when I first announced it's shittyness.

Example: I hated Twilight Princess when I first got it and was angry with Nintnedo for churning out such a mediocre pile of doodie after hyping it up the ass as the second coming. Then I played Mario Galaxy. I have since changed my mind about Twilight Princess and think that it is a really good game!

This either means that I'm disappointed easily and that I have to eat shit to realize how good a plate of brussel sprouts can be, or that my standards are being lowered ever so tenderly with each shitty new release. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but I can only think it spells doom for the future of good videogames

or something :<

Don't get me wrong, either, there are still fucking fantastic games like No More Heroes and PVK2 coming out these days, it just seems like there aren't nearly as many as there used to be.

Also before Zomboid comes in and jumps down my throat let me say that I'm using Nintendo as an example because the only new console I own is a Wii. I've only played a handful of games for the PS3 and Xbox Circle, all of which have been crappy to mildy fun, but probably still not enough to get a good idea of the general state of videogames. If I did I have a feeling I'd be saying about the same thing as a general analysis of the medium and not just complaining about Nintendo's aging design talent.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM       
Or mabye I'm finally growing up and realizing that all videogames are completely stupid wastes of time anyway, I don't know
!!!

Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:56 AM       
I read an article on MSN news that Nintendo is letting real gamers down because their main target is kids and casual gamers, basically. My girlfriend likes playing the Wii but won't jam on the 360. She enjoys watching me play games on 360 because she likes the story. She followed me playing Gears Of War like it was a tv series. I only play the Wii when there's other people around.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:17 AM       
Which is the bigger & least tapped market?
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:18 AM       
wii Mythmakers kart== roommates got it and played one track- went back to store and bought steering wheels and disney cars. they refused to even touch mmskgp, so i got drunk and gave it a whir, unlocked all charachters and special but- FUCK that game c'mon mariokart!!

i miss xbox 360

also TETRIS BEST GAME OF ALL TIME
!!!

Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
Which is the bigger & least tapped market?
Well this depends, really. Kids and casual gamers will make up a larger number of people than the hard core. However, kids and casuals won't buy nearly as many titles or hardware as the hard core gamers. A hard core gamer is more likely to buy an Elite or custom Halo 360 than a casual gamer is. I think Nintendo is in a good position because they really understand the market they're in, but their titles have to be aimed at that market. Personally, I laugh a lot more when playing the Wii so it's my favourite console with company. Alone, I would say it's only 50% as good.