FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
bye.
Ummm, yeah....

I'm not leaving, I just wanted a thread to point out the ED page. Had I known that you guys actually WROTE most of it I wouldn't have even bothered. I was going to come back EXACTLY one week from the post but you had to go and fuck that up, so meh. Anyway, I'm not leaving of my own volition. BTW stop being a furry, and stop derailing threads. BACK TO TOPIC.

Was anyone able to play the browser-based M&M before it shut down? I played it once or twice, but back then my Windows box was too slow to do anything in Flash, and I just found out they shut it down. WHY!? It was already post-3D0 so their bankruptcy would have had nothing to do with it. It looked like an amazing game, and just when I finally get a semi-decent computer (that isn't Windows 98) it fucking closes. Fuck.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:56 AM       
i never even heard of any browser-based might and magic. hopefully it was better than the mobile version, which is actually not might and magic in the least but more of a terrible zelda-esque game with very little rpg element at all and not even a little storyline connection (no science fiction + fantasy mixture, for one)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM       
on a semi-related note: holy shit, someone re-made King's Bounty? haha how did they do that and not get ubisoft up their asses for stealing from heroes of might and magic
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
when i saw this thread i was all "oh man i bet coolinator likes one of the shitty might and magics after 6", and MAN sometimes i hate being right

mm2 is the best might and magic
I never got the chance to play the earlier might and magics. Like I said, I started my M&M journey with the 7th one and worked my way up then ironically went back down again to #6.

The only HOMM games I've played was 4-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
oh also: using a 3d environment for an RPG "mmo-style" was DEFINITELY not invented by the Might and Magic series. see: elder scrolls: arena, daggerfall, and battlespire. maybe drakkhen too, although it switched from FPS view to sort of an adventure-game view during combats. .
I had no idea Elder Scroll looked and played similar to M&M. What's the differences between the? Other then it looks like from the screen shots that you aren't in a 4 man party.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I never got the chance to play the earlier might and magics.
Emulation is your chance. DO IT.

Also play M&M3 because there is a Space Shuttle at the end. ANACHRONISM FUCK YEAH.

Quote:
I had no idea Elder Scroll looked and played similar to M&M. What's the differences between the? Other then it looks like from the screen shots that you aren't in a 4 man party.
You can do anything pretty much, it's like GTA Zelda DOOM. I've only ever played Daggerfall, but like you can raid and plunder entire villages, run into houses and catch people completely full-frontal naked, kill almost everything, and it's basically just cool, even though a lot of non-dungeon things look the same and it's basically a DOOM ghost town. The gameworld was stated to be the size of some real-world location, I think Antarctica. 100% FUCK THE STORY NON-LINEAR GO ANYWHERE ORGY PALOOZA! If you can get past the bugs it's the greatest game ever! AND IT'S LEGAL FREEWARE NOW SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO PLAY IT!

EDIT: Oh yeah you can piss off the Assasin's club and have killers follow you all over the world map and stuff. They should have made a Cyberpunk Daggerfall. The Terminator games used their same engine "Xngine" but they were completely linear.
Banned

Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunexus View Post
Emulation is your chance. DO IT.

Also play M&M3 because there is a Space Shuttle at the end. ANACHRONISM FUCK YEAH.
Quote:
Can't go wrong with M&M III for the SNES, I've always wanted to play the Amiga version, though. I FUCKING LOVE THE SYNTHBRASS SAMPLE IN THE INTRO.FUCK
I think I may grab the SNES version and give it a whirl tonight.

Quote:
You can do anything pretty much, it's like GTA Zelda DOOM. I've only ever played Daggerfall, but like you can raid and plunder entire villages, run into houses and catch people completely full-frontal naked, kill almost everything, and it's basically just cool, even though a lot of non-dungeon things look the same and it's basically a DOOM ghost town. The gameworld was stated to be the size of some real-world location, I think Antarctica. 100% FUCK THE STORY NON-LINEAR GO ANYWHERE ORGY PALOOZA! If you can get past the bugs it's the greatest game ever! AND IT'S LEGAL FREEWARE NOW SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO PLAY IT!

EDIT: Oh yeah you can piss off the Assasin's club and have killers follow you all over the world map and stuff. They should have made a Cyberpunk Daggerfall. The Terminator games used their same engine "Xngine" but they were completely linear.
Sounds great,

I wish back in the day they made a Cyberpunk RPG using the game engine of M&M / Elder Scrolls. That would of been amazing. The only cyber-punk games I've played were Snatchers, Rise Of the Dragon, and Shadowrun. All good games but they were nothing compared to the immersive environments in M&M.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:40 AM       
Quote:
I think I may grab the SNES version and give it a whirl tonight.
DO IT!

PS: ENABLE MOUSE EMULATION.

Also, the town music in that version is based off of a classical piece that I can't identify. If you could tell me which one it is I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:56 AM       
Honestly, I can't count how many hours I've logged on the HOMM series (2/3 mainly). My cousin and I used to hotseat play them all the time.
Then I got HOMM 3 for myself and played the shit out of it, and still boot it up every now and again.

Also, don't know who said it but yeah, solimar the genie is awesome.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Banned

Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 10:08 AM       
How does multiplayer work in HOMM?
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 10:16 AM       
Quote:
How does multiplayer work in HOMM?
Hotseat is like when you have to pass the GBA around in Advance Wars. Basically people taking turns on the same system.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM       
I don't know about homm1 but I'm seem to remember 2 and 3 being able to link over a lan so that you don't have to hotseat.
Banned

Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM       
How would it be played if you had a lan / server connection? Would the player be timed in his movements? Or would you have to literally sit there and wait until someone moved.
Banned
jhonnyD2 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM       
thanks ...
Banned

Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonnyD2 View Post
thanks ...
Your Welcome
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM       
I don't remember a timer, I think you sit there.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM       
We did hotseat because we only had one computer.

As for online play: Yeah you have to wait around, but turns are timed (1min maybe?) and you can still access your castle and build something (I believe, it's been a long time since I've played online).

Also, fuck you guys, I booted up HOMM3 last night.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:00 AM       
Quote:
How would it be played if you had a lan / server connection? Would the player be timed in his movements? Or would you have to literally sit there and wait until someone moved.
You can implement a timer or just sit around and wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
We did hotseat because we only had one computer.

As for online play: Yeah you have to wait around, but turns are timed (1min maybe?) and you can still access your castle and build something (I believe, it's been a long time since I've played online).

Also, fuck you guys, I booted up HOMM3 last night.
We're lazy so we would just hook up two mice and sit next to each. sometimes a 3rd will LAN a laptop.
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
You can implement a timer or just sit around and wait.
That's what I thought.

What's your favorite regular Might & magic game? 7 seems to be the most polished and complete but 6 and 8 are OK as well.

Not many people like 9 but I didn't mind it too much. I cut them a little slack because I knew that 3DO was going down the tubes when they were developing it.
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM       
Weren't the AD&D 3D0 (as in the 3D0/Panasonic system) games like AD&D: Slayer supposed to be Might & Magic games, but then they obtained the AD&D license? I read that somewhere and I dunno if it's true, but those games rock no matter what.
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:11 PM       
Quote:
Weren't the AD&D 3D0 (as in the 3D0/Panasonic system) games like AD&D: Slayer supposed to be Might & Magic games, but then they obtained the AD&D license? I read that somewhere and I dunno if it's true, but those games rock no matter what.
No idea,

I wouldn't doubt though. It wouldn't be too difficult to change a Might & Magic to D&D or vice versa.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM       
Quote:
That's what I thought.

What's your favorite regular Might & magic game? 7 seems to be the most polished and complete but 6 and 8 are OK as well.

Not many people like 9 but I didn't mind it too much. I cut them a little slack because I knew that 3DO was going down the tubes when they were developing it.
Truthfully I've never played any of the regular Might & magic games. I found a website that had the stories for them and just read them. I seem to think the regular might and magic game that ends with you blasting off in a rocket ship is directly followed by Heroes of Might and Magic I or III. Leaning toward III. Then the following Might and Magic game loops the plot back together. It seemed interesting between the different series how they're connected....I just never had the time or will to play them.
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:22 PM       
Quote:
Truthfully I've never played any of the regular Might & magic games. I found a website that had the stories for them and just read them. I seem to think the regular might and magic game that ends with you blasting off in a rocket ship is directly followed by Heroes of Might and Magic I or III. Leaning toward III. Then the following Might and Magic game loops the plot back together. It seemed interesting between the different series how they're connected....I just never had the time or will to play them.
I was unaware the rocket in III connected to the Heroes series, I always assumed it was just to lead into M&M4 (which I've never played because it wasn't on SNES).
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM       
Quote:
You should defintely check out M&M 6 or 7. You can either download them off the web or find the discs used somewhere. Bewarned though, the graphics engine is from the stone age so if you ever play it don't allow the ugliness to turn you away.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 05:07 PM       
Graphics don't really bother me at all. I just never have anytime to play games anymore. Fulltime job and fulltime girlfriend. Trying to get through FF XIII right now.
Banned

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:34 PM       
Quote:
Graphics don't really bother me at all. I just never have anytime to play games anymore. Fulltime job and fulltime girlfriend. Trying to get through FF XIII right now.
I completely understand. I hardly find enough time to play a quick multiplayer FPS's now a days. It sucks.