Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 06:48 PM       
i wanna tlak to my friend to help me make a program that would buy a chainmail everytime your gold got over 50k...dont knwo if it would be very easy, but it might be possible.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 07:03 PM       
hey, why don't we all gang up on these people? even if we don't win the battles we can still beat them by attrition.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 07:10 PM       
And do like they do and use 1 attack and just drain the money in little chunks? Even if they have no money, we can break their stuff too.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 11:44 PM       
I'm not so sure about that anymore. One of Ashiro's lackeys (PKillman) just attacked me about 45 times, took all my gold on the first attack, and did nothing but cause a few casualties in the others. I didn't lose any stuff. :/
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 11:53 PM       
I keep getting attacked by Moooooooo8 and FoamFollower. I just took all of Foam's money with 3 attack turns.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:06 AM       

Baiken is so bad ass
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:19 AM       
You better start with the attacks, Rongi.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:23 AM       
I have about 600 attacks saved up .

Give me the order and I'll attack anyone
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 12:29 AM       
We're having problems with Ashiro and his lackeys, and Moooooo8 (may be missign a few O's).
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi

Baiken is so bad ass
I know, right. I love Baiken almost as much as Guilty Gear.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 05:52 AM       
Sure, and not one fucking person comments on MY avatar.

Fuckers

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 11:21 AM       
I have to wonder if the losing weapons thing really works. sure they say its supposed to happen but I have never noticed it.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:20 PM       
whoreable, could you spy on Ashiro so I can see what his defense is? I tried to attack him yesterday, but he barely beat me with the damage. I'm gonna try again, but I just wanna check. It'd also be helpful to see his other stats.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:23 PM       
You found the target.
Name: Ashiro
ID Number: 685048
Army Size: 213

Your spy efficiency: 733.
Ashiro's Security Rating: 109

The operation was a SUCCESS.

No spies were lost.

Intelligence Report:
Total Units: 213
Attack Rating: 52250
Defense Rating: 27100

Intell Status
Type Number Skill
Spies 0 13

Current Army Status
Troop Type Current Num % Of Army
Attack Duty 9 4.2%
All Purpose 195 91.5%
Defense Duty 9 4.2%
Spies 0 0%

Armory
Weapon Quantity
Knife 14
Chainmail 236
Shield 8
Helmet 5
Steed 61
Longbow 8
Crossbow 20
Short Bow 43

STEALTHY CHIMP
The Unicorn
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:29 PM       
HHHHHMMMMM.....

I think I'm gonna need more wargs.

edit: DAMMIT! corrupt_gorilla just attacked me and took my cash.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:37 PM       
Ashiro and his lackeys are, like, the Legion of Fag.

Anyways, I have decided that it would be cool to make a game like this. Start feeding me ideas.
The Unicorn
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:41 PM       
NO ASHIRO!!!
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Ashiro and his lackeys are, like, the Legion of Fag.

Anyways, I have decided that it would be cool to make a game like this. Start feeding me ideas.
Private messaging. A map so you can take over other areas (risk stlye baby!), commanders that can actually help officers, and other crap.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 06:20 PM       
Be able to command your officers, and they have the choice to accept or decline your command. And to be able to remove officers from your army. And I'll help, if you need any :/
Legislacerator
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 06:47 PM       
a gradually increasing war exhaustion+attrition if you continue attacking the same person over and over and over and over.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 07:39 PM       
Yeah, private messaging would definitely be in. As for commanding your troops, I'm not really sure how that would work... I'd probalby implement that as a special kind of private messaging that would go to all your lackeys as opposed to an individual. Actually forcing them to obey would be kinda difficult in this type of online game, especially if your commander is a homo and starts issuing fatwahs on a whim.

As for combat, yeah, the troops would get a small bonus for defense from their commander... maybe 10% of the commander's defense rating. I think that would still allow people to be attacked a decent amount without getting a massive bonus by just signing up under a really powerful person.

Quote:
And to be able to remove officers from your army.
Yeah, you could kick out lackeys, but I'd also add the ability for lackeys to leave on their own and shift allegiance to others, or even strike out on their own!

Quote:
a gradually increasing war exhaustion+attrition if you continue attacking the same person over and over and over and over.
I think that this could be implemented like attack points. Each time you're attacked by someone (say Ashiro attacks you 5 times), your defense points go down by that much. I think defense points would have to accumulate a bit faster than attack points, though.

Also, it would be really stupid if, say, you had a power of 10000 and a bunch of people with power 10 just kept attacking you and bringing you down just through attrition. I think there'd have to be a limitation on the size of enemy that could actually bring down your defense points... then again, if it's kinda hard to say. If it's a huge effort on the part of many people to bring someone down, that'll have an effect.

I will have to think about this more.

Quote:
A map so you can take over other areas (risk stlye baby!)
I actually thought of something like that. Right now in KoC, I think they've set a time limit on the "age" of a few months. At first I thought maybe the various races could battle for dominion of the world in this game, but then I thought that would be kinda limiting (what if one of your lackeys wants to be a different race?), so I thought up the idea of various "nations" in the world that fight for control... not necessarily in any particular location, though.

I thought perhaps that the overall power of all members in a particular nation could have an effect on the length of an age. Whichever nation gets control of say, 75% of everything overall wins and then the game restarts in a few days with everyone at 0. There would have to be a point at which the 75% rule would kick in, though, because if everyone starts off at 0 and then one side quickly rushes and gets everything, the game could potentially be restarting every week.

Much rules stuff to think about...
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 07:47 PM       
it would be cool if it was a massive landscape, and starting out people were spread out from each other. if you joined someone else you would be next to em and you could expand across the country. I would say limit each nation to 20 or so and have hundreds of groups.

and also restart the game ever month or 2. It seems like KOC is never gonna restart
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 08:09 PM       
It would also be pretty cool if people could choose to be a spy or a officer when they sign up under somebody. But there would have to be like a number limit on the amount of spies allowed in one army. Or maybe the commander could assign officers to the position of spies. Something that will allow actual players to be spies :o
Legislacerator
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 08:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Quote:
I think that this could be implemented like attack points. Each time you're attacked by someone (say Ashiro attacks you 5 times), your defense points go down by that much. I think defense points would have to accumulate a bit faster than attack points, though.

Also, it would be really stupid if, say, you had a power of 10000 and a bunch of people with power 10 just kept attacking you and bringing you down just through attrition. I think there'd have to be a limitation on the size of enemy that could actually bring down your defense points... then again, if it's kinda hard to say. If it's a huge effort on the part of many people to bring someone down, that'll have an effect.

I will have to think about this more.
that isn't quite what I meant. this would work really well if you worked a Risk-style map into the game. you see, the guy with a power of 10,000 wouldn't suffer attrition because he is being swamped by a horde of 10 power players. what I actually meant was that if the 10,000 guy decided to attack someone with 1,000 men 100 times, he would eventually get war exhaustion and attrition affecting his forces. if you make it so that a "war" lasts longer than just your initial attack, you could make it so that the longer he is at war and attacking the other person (in his country) he would lose a certain number of soldiers outside of combat to attrition. if you make a map, you could possibly include rebellions and such for when WE gets too high. that might help control people who are way too fucking strong and like to ping people a thousand times.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 08:36 PM       
The map idea is good, but it is hard, especially with something like PHP. :/

Your exhaustion idea is good though. Yeah, sustained attacks would rack up exhaustion points (for lack of a better term) that would make you less effective at future attacks. You'd have to not attack for a while to lose them, I guess.