Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 01:12 AM       
pub made me lol.

Nom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
According to gnostics most of the story of lucifer falling is actually an allusion to the fall of mankind, akin to the stories of atlantis and of course herme's stories of Poimandres, the "Great dragon". The story of Jesus is the story of mankind "Rising" from the Sin of this universe and going back to where we belong. Christ is supposively actually a reference to the process and the "Spirit spark atom" inside of us, a remnant of divinity.....
As strange as it sounds, I would add that Gnosticism teaches that the creator is evil, and some sects believed that Jesus came to save people from this evil God, which by the way, is also commonly known as the Alien God (and they site that this Alien God realized what Jesus was up to and had him .. eliminated.. fantastic, but true). In fact, one can easily put the creator in Satan’s shoes (sure to be Gucci, of course), because the creator is said to have run amok in some way in respect to the Alien God (vis a vie Lucifer's fall). So, the hypothesis is not entirely without merit, and is on its way to discovering Gnostic belief proper. There’s a lot more to it; I have only recently rediscovered Gnosticism; I had not previously attempted to reconcile deity to the problem of evil, and upon doing so, found that Gnosticism settles it pretty well, providing a nicely packaged deity in lieu of atheism.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 08:36 PM       
Actually according to gnostics we don't even know God because we are too many world's apart. however, the creator is 'Us'. That is what the story of the fall is, we were originally above this existance creating it, and like narcissus we fell in love with our "Reflection", our creations in this world, and fell into it.
The thing people call God is actually an archon, a collection of human egotistical energies.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 10:09 PM       
Archon1: I'll trade you my extra 18th century Italian philosopher for your ancient Greek philosopher.

Archon2: Hmm, maybe if you throw in a couple dark age English peasants...
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 02:33 AM       
My method of making fun of you would focus on you being a crossdressing wanna-be-transexual prostitute that dabbles in drugs, talking about drug experiences, being smartassed on a message board and the greater 'occult' and how rediculous this sounds. You know, teenage satanist, just one step above perndog the vampire. And that one step because you're witty. Your actual knowledge of gnosticism I find irrelevant, as I consider it boring, unrelated to reality in any useful way and therefore more akin to mental masturbation that a legitimate philosophical path. If we were to discuss epistemologoy generally, we would start way more bare-bones than assuming 'gnosticism' is valid or invalid (as it is misleading ), and it would be a discussion between unbiased people, searching for common ground and perhaps the truth. Not people being 'too smart' on each other. As it stands, I would go for more ad hominem than actual civilized discussion over something. I'm sure you're a very smart person, and that in your social surroundings you're quite the alpha male due to that, but you're still very unintentionally funny.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 01:25 PM       
"unrelated to reality in any useful way"

Only useful in the context of this thread, eh popeye? What is the context of this thread again? The discussion of Jesus being satan? What exactly did I do, compare them in light of various mythologies? Interesting. Thanks for calling yourself inept, fucko the sailor man.
Last I checked this thread was in reality, or are you just buying in to my reality where threads are threadly?

"we would start way more bare-bones than assuming 'gnosticism' is valid or invalid"

Who cares if it is valid or invalid. Nothing in my post stated it was valid at all, in fact, my post clearly stated, "According to the gnostics" not "Seeing as how gnostics are entirely correct about everything they say, I would like to insert this tidbit of my genius knowledge of the most sacred of arts." Dumbass.
You see, I can discuss things unbiased because I know what they say. It's simple. Just because I can understand something and even reliterate it doesn't mean I necessarily believe in it, and the fact that you think that makes you a fucking fool. You just talked about perndog, OH GOD YOU MUST BE PERNDOG. Moron.
(and another thing, this thread started off with a base assumption, Satan=Jesus, if you want to start a bare bones thread we'll start a thread called 'helm's skeleton closet, and the skeleton key of kahljorn', and you can dress and act like peewee)

"Not people being 'too smart' on each other."

Who cares, accept it. that's what happened. Like it wasn't a joke in the first place. Like me acting like a total asshole and not caring what anyone says is anything but a joke on a joking site while throwing in tidbits of knowledge, or maybe I'm just throwing in tidbits of assholism into knowledge? Either way, who cares, it's pretty blatantly obvious and if you have problems catching on to that little fact then obviously the greek education system is more involved in teaching grown men to fuck young children, you charimedean piece of shit.

"I would go for more ad hominem than actual civilized discussion over something"

Thanks for letting me in on your brilliant strategy there Stratego.

"but you're still very unintentionally funny."

You don't know how I'm funny at all, you just assume the way I act and the things i do is unintentional. Assumptious little dick, take your "Common ground" and "Unbiased" nature to a place that doesn't make you look like a boring hypocrite.

Like I said, I'm too smart for you.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 04:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom
I had not previously attempted to reconcile deity to the problem of evil, and upon doing so, found that Gnosticism settles it pretty well, providing a nicely packaged deity in lieu of atheism.
How can any religion be an alternative for atheism when atheism, by definition, is the absence of belief in any religion?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM       
I was at my friend's house the other day and her mom had one of those books by that Tim LaHaye fag or whatever his name is who wrote those books about the Rapture. I randomly opened it to a page and it said something along the lines of "UNBELIEF IS A RELIGION." His argument was about two paragraphs long and it consisted entirely of "Thomas Jefferson said that unbelief is defined as a religion, therefore it is."
Mocker

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 05:37 PM       
Where are the meetings being held?

Level 29 ♂
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 05:41 PM       
It's a panel of religious (re: Christian) leaders in Montana.
Mocker

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 05:52 PM       
I mean the atheist religion meetings. There must be someplace that their setting forth the doctrine, dolin' out the dogma, ect.

Level 29 ♂
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM       
Oh. We meet once a week in the Pink Fortress of Homosexuals, Witches, Liberals and the people who make those Darwin fish off the coast of Kansas.
Mocker

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 07:09 PM       
I love those fish (fishes ?).

Mocker

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 10:51 PM       
Quote:
Last I checked this thread was in reality, or are you just buying in to my reality where threads are threadly?
I wasn't discussing this thread at all. Did you notice? Jesus = Satan? Whatever. Jesus can be a big penis up in god's metaphorical ass for all I care. These discussions of how many angels can fit through the head of a needle mean nothing to me. You however, mean a lot to me. A lot very close to my heart. You are the poster boy of intellectual pretense, specifically since you know that and you embrace it. EXACTLY because you think that since you know it and embrace nobody else will be prepared to put value judgements on it, or in fact, call it hilarious.

Quote:
Who cares if it is valid or invalid. Nothing in my post stated it was valid at all, in fact, my post clearly stated, "According to the gnostics" not "Seeing as how gnostics are entirely correct about everything they say, I would like to insert this tidbit of my genius knowledge of the most sacred of arts." Dumbass.
intellectual masturbation power initiate! Go! I really didn't think you are hilarious because you are or are not a gnostic. Do you understand now?

Quote:
You see, I can discuss things unbiased because I know what they say. It's simple. Just because I can understand something and even reliterate it doesn't mean I necessarily believe in it
I don't really care. Discuss things which are meaningless with the pretense of a thousand cardinals. Don't mind if I laugh, however. The ability to understand things is great. Congratulations, how is it going for you?

Quote:
You just talked about perndog, OH GOD YOU MUST BE PERNDOG. Moron.
uh, what

Quote:
(and another thing, this thread started off with a base assumption, Satan=Jesus, if you want to start a bare bones thread we'll start a thread called 'helm's skeleton closet, and the skeleton key of kahljorn', and you can dress and act like peewee)
Sexy.

Quote:
Who cares, accept it. that's what happened. Like it wasn't a joke in the first place. Like me acting like a total asshole and not caring what anyone says is anything but a joke on a joking site while throwing in tidbits of knowledge, or maybe I'm just throwing in tidbits of assholism into knowledge?
Maybe you think these things are more important than they are. By devaluing the importance of honesty and sincerity and the actual presupposition that there is at least a token belief in the theoretical possibility of what we're suggesting being true, you're introducing a strainuous focus on the ability to be sucessfully and constantly facetious. It's mock-arguments about how many different languages there could have been on the tower of babel. Just for the sake of it. Besides the fact that I don't follow that or agree with it as a method, I find it also unintentionally hilarious. You, are unintentionally hilarious. You, mean a lot to me. Please try to not get bored with me after a few posts, I'd like to keep this up.

Quote:
You don't know how I'm funny at all! you just assume! Common ground! Unbiased! Boring Hypocrite! wahh
Please don't cry. I like you. I think you're a swell guy. Tell me more about how you aren't really a guy, or in fact very swell, or how 'being', according to gnostics doesn't really mean what it means, and how satan blah blah blah just for the benefit of discussion. Do you mind if I play with your penis under the table while you talk?

Quote:
Like I said, I'm too smart for you.
Sure.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 02:11 AM       
Quote:
By devaluing the importance of honesty and sincerity and the actual presupposition that there is at least a token belief in the theoretical possibility of what we're suggesting being true, you're introducing a strainuous focus on the ability to be sucessfully and constantly facetious.
I speak english natively and I have no idea what you're saying here :<

Quote:
Tell me more about how you aren't really a guy, or in fact very swell, or how 'being', according to gnostics doesn't really mean what it means, and how satan blah blah blah just for the benefit of discussion. Do you mind if I play with your penis under the table while you talk?
lol :<
Master of Demise is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 02:47 AM       
Have you ever had a hatchet go right through your face? Not a glancing blow, but a full-on shot, deep into your forehead? Deep enough so you can shake your head and the hatchet doesn't fall out? It's the strangest feeling. Because just after the hatchet goes in, and before you feel any pain, you can feel a gentle puff of cool air on your brain. It feels good. But since it's the only way to get that feeling, I try not to get hung up on it.
Mocker

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:20 AM       
I'm sorry, I mean: by putting less emphasis on discussing things where opinions are actually held and they're rigoriously stressed for validity, the primary importance is shifted to just presenting various pieces of information, to show off how much you know. Kahl isn't really doing this (too much, at least), but I'm hoping he'll bite and retort with more angry weeping "Dumbass! You don't know how I'm funny! I'm funny when I put on my funny suit but I don't do that for just anybody, especially not for YOU, jerk!" hilarity.
BANNED

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 02:59 PM       
You think I'm angry just because I made you feel stupid? Don't be so pointless.
I like how you've turned this into a "Pissing war" against me while talking about honesty and sincerity, and finding a common ground. Where is our "Bare bones" discussion? Where are your philosophical leaps? Unintentionally funny... I wonder if you make your personality a vague assortment of bullshit to be hilarious?

"intellectual masturbation power initiate! Go! I really didn't think you are hilarious because you are or are not a gnostic. Do you understand now?"

I never thought it had anything to do with that anyway. The only reason I even mentioned unbiased nature is to show how much better I am than you, and that i really don't care how I appear. Cuz' I'm cool like that, cuz.
Mocker
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 03:02 PM       
If you were paying attention, you'd know Helm sucessfully got rid of his personality at puberty.
BANNED

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 03:07 PM       
Oh.

My nose is stuffy and I sorta have a hangover(though i got a headache too), it's making my head feel like a marshmallow, so I'm not really paying attention.
Mocker

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 04:51 PM       
One does not necessarily have to have his personal beliefs staked in an argument in order to hold discourse on a given subject (re: Devil's advocate). It may indeed be the strongest court for objective discussion.

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom
I had not previously attempted to reconcile deity to the problem of evil, and upon doing so, found that Gnosticism settles it pretty well, providing a nicely packaged deity in lieu of atheism.
How can any religion be an alternative for atheism when atheism, by definition, is the absence of belief in any religion?
"I had not previously attempted to reconcile deity to the problem of evil, and upon doing so, found that Gnosticism settles it pretty well, providing a nicely packaged deity in lieu of the absence of belief in any religion at all, atheism." .. better?
Mocker
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:22 PM       
no.
comma splice; run on.

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
.... Maybe you think these things are more important than they are.
Or maybe you think they are less important than they actually are.
Mocker

Old Jun 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM       
No. A true atheist would not concern himself with the problems of evil ( formal philisophical value judgements/morality notwithstanding ) or the succor provided by faith in the metaphysical, be it monotheism, polytheism, ect. Faith does not equal belief in all people. I don't know how to make a more lucic argument at this time. I'll get back to you on this.