Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:36 AM        Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Well, well, well... seems the franchise is being rehased yet again, only this time, it's set in an alternate dimension or some shit, because I dont remember any of these shenanigans from RE2 or 3.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko6RUeg6DjA

In an interview I heard that you will be taking control of a squad of Umbrella soldiers or government Spec Ops. The Umbrella fools are sent into Raccoon City during the events of the 2nd and 3rd games to "contain" the situation and destroy any evidence that Umbrella might have had with involvement.

I have no idea what the Spec Ops are about, but I can only assume it's the opposite.

One thing I did find pretty interesting is that your main goal in multiplayer is that you won't be focusing on killing zombies, but either Umbrella or Spec Ops, depending on your side. Zombies and other BOWs will be present, and you can kill them, but they are mostly there as distractions and to fucking swarm your ass and kill you when you least expect it.

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkUWR8DAFM

It's being compared a lot to Gears of War, and if you watch that, I think you'll understand.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:41 AM       
While I´m a HUGE fan of the classic Resident Evil games, I kinda like this idea if just for the stupid fun I might have in Coop. As a Resident Evil-game, it surely sucks balls like...something that sucks balls, but I mean...there´s just no other game that let´s you revisit R-City, is there...
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM       
EXCEPT LEON DIES IN THIS GAME at Capcom

:spoilers
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM       
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM       
but what if leon gets infected with the t virus and becomes another kind of tyrant?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:02 AM       
I heard that if you die in raccoon city you die in surreal life.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolk View Post
Well, well, well... seems the franchise is being rehased yet again, only this time, it's set in an alternate dimension or some shit, because I dont remember any of these shenanigans from RE2 or 3.
Not entirely.. some places in RE2 were littered with spec ops.. you even play as a spec op in RE2.. *cough*Hunk*cough*
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:32 AM       
and those other mercenaries from RE3 that you play as when Jill gets knocked out.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM       
Okay, guys...

so Resident Evil 6...

is a buddy cop game...

starring Leon and Chris.

I accept cash, Capcom.

SKATASTIC
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM       
I would gladly give them my wallet and tell them to give me back how much money they think I should have.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:46 PM       
Capcom wanted to make a new third person shooter, but they were worried a new IP wouldn't sell, so they slapped the RE name on it. It's just like what Squeenix did with Dungeon Siege 3.

I'm not that offended that they did it this way, but it still bugs me whenever a company adopts such a cynical marketing strategy. Makes me wonder if the series they use will ever see real sequels.

drifting in the void
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 04:51 AM       
There´s still one more beloved franchise to fuck up and that´s Onimusha. I think I´m gonna hurt the Capcom-guys if they mess up BOTH my favorite Videogame Series...
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 04:55 AM       
Didn't they try to derail that one years ago with the FFT ripoff?

drifting in the void
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 05:19 AM       
That GBA-Game? If memory serves, that game was actually pretty good. AND just a Spinoff on a totally different system, I can live with that, I guess. If they made it a sidescrolling...no wait, they did that too already...

Anyway, Dawn of Dreams was an awesome game and if it was the last we´ve seen of Onimusha, at least the series ended on a high note.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 01:14 PM       
I thought Onimusha blade warriors was pretty good too.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I thought Onimusha blade warriors was pretty good too.
Yeah, from what I heard, it was at least a solid game.

So IŽd say the Fuck-up-factor in the Onimusha franchise is amazingly low...hope it stays that way