Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:25 PM        Will the President take a vacation this summer?
W has taken some pretty long ones around August and some haven't gone that well, what with camping protesters and hurricanes and what have you.

But with the (I think apropriatte)outrage we've been exporting about the Iraqi 'government' summer vaca, I wonder if W is thinking about doing a few less days of brush clearing this year.

Washington post- Vice President Dick Cheney’s surprise trip to Baghdad today was meant to deliver a tough message to the Iraqi government – put off your vacation plans and get back to work.
U.S. officials have been livid since discovering that Iraq’s fledgling parliament – hardly a hive of activity in the first place – was planning to take a two-month summer recess, postponing work on a bill spelling out how oil money would be shared among Iraq’s ethnic and sectarian groups or a law authorizing new regional elections.
The new American ambassador to Baghdad, Ryan Crocker, told reporters flying with Cheney that the vice president would convey American displeasure over the planned vacation. “The reality is, with the major effort we’re making, the major effort the Iraqi security forces and military are making themselves, for the Iraqi parliament to take a two-month vacation in the middle of summer is impossible to understand,” Crocker said.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:07 PM       
Bush's stalker returns for the summer vacations.

yes i think he will have a vacation.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:36 AM       
Summer ironyfest '07