Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM        Weekly Game Review: Far Cry 2
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Far Cry 2.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM       
ya I actually really enjoy this game as well, it stands up to any FPS in my opinion, I couldn't agree more with the fire integration, it made for some real technique, start a fire on one side of the enemies camp, double side it to the other side and start shooting. One of my favorite things about it is the enemies AI, they will chase you relentlessly.
That guy...
BigMonkeyMan is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM       
I gotta agree with this review on everything. After a while, I got bored running around doing work for warlords so instead I just started burning everything. When you have to make your own fun in a game, something is wrong with it.
RevengeVirus is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:29 PM       
More like Far DRIVE 2, amiright? Also, you inject yourself with needles...that you find in Africa.
That guy...
BigMonkeyMan is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:33 PM       
RevengeVirus:More like Far DRIVE 2

LOL
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM       
I really enjoyed FC2 for about a week - actually I though it was one of the best games of the year. Then I just stopped playing for no particular reason and never went back. I tried to start up where I left off a couple of weeks ago but didn't like it and finally uninstalled it.

I think they came really close to making a great game but queered it up with at the last minute by allowing enemies to re-spawn too quickly.

My other criticism was that it was possibly the darkest game I've played despite being sunny as fuck. The shadows were way over the top which I found irritating.

Though I did love some parts. One thing I though was really cool was the way the enemies reacted when you killed all their friends and they got scared. Also the way they'd sometimes try and carry fallen comrades to safety.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM       
The same thing happened to me. I put down the game after getting about 2/3 of the way through it, and then just barely managed to force myself to finish it. At that point, I swore off all the seemingly pointless buddy missions and just did the regular ones to finish it up. For me, it was partly because I had acquired every weapon and had figured out which ones were actually worth having (grenade launcher + AK47 + dart gun is a winning combination).

I do remember sniping one guy in the open, watching his friend come up and carry him out, and then sniping him too. I felt like the sniper from the end of Full Metal Jacket, except I wasn't worried about anyone trying to rape me.

Julio is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:16 PM       
What does FPS mean?
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:20 AM       
@ Silver
First Person Shooter

I found this game tedious. I play a mission or two and it's just so repetitive that I turn it off. So, I've been playing it for a couple of weeks now in two hour increments.
Julio is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM       
Thanks for the answer. I guess it was quite obvios. Hah.

Anyway. This game looks quite fun, yet it's been a while since a play a game for PC... Wait a minute... Now I am a Mac user... Is this game compatible?
Forum Virgin
Mental Pooperscooper is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:48 AM       
(grenade launcher + AK47 + dart gun is a winning combination)
Now there's some words to live by
neoboman is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:47 AM       
I agree with all the criticisms about this game, which saddens me as it had the potential for greatness. I mean, what works in this game works well.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM       
Yay for rebar.
Forum Virgin
Beaner85 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM       
I would have to argue with this review for a number of reasons; first of all, the joy one gets from emptying a MAC 10 into a well-rendered character is hard to beat. Second, the day-night cycle and the fire propagation are incredible, as are most of the visuals. Lastly, after playing through twice (don't judge me), I was still experimenting with weapon load outs. The tactic-shift between difficulties is also clutch; instead of driving into a camp, running down a few mercs, and pumping rounds into people in broad daylight just didn't work on harder difficulties. Instead, one is forced to use stealth and distractions. Overall, this game kicked ass, but I do agree with a few things pointed out; the needles (in Africa!?!) always had me scolding my character for being too trusting, the dialogue is pitiful (try turning off the subtitles and see how much you understand), and the turn-a-screw-to-fix-anything aspects really hurt it. Also, I was VERY disappointed with the camouflage; my character seemed to be detected just as easily as before. Oh, and the "scouting" option is nearly worthless; you can see much more from any scope weapon than you can from that silly hand-sight. My advice to those who own it and are bored with it; TURN UP THE DIFFICULTY!