Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM       
finally watched inception i loved it but i think crhistopher nolan needs to learn how to film his action scenes while keeping the action focused

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM       
Kick Ass. It was amusing and worth the time even if for no other reason than...

Spoilers!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM       
I watched Inception and was, for the most part, unimpressed! I just don't like movies anymore, it seems.

OK, well, the last hour or so was actually pretty gripping and made it worth it to me in the end, but the problem I have with movies that no one else in the world seems to care about is attention to characterization. I don't care how great and "innovative" the concept of the movie is, I just can't enjoy a movie that utilizes one-dimensional characters as plot vehicles. Everyone had two emotions, scared and smug. By the end of the movie the only character I knew by name was Leo's and the guy who played Fischer, and I still wasn't even sure if Leo's character was named "Dom Cobb" or "Tom Cobb".

I'll take a movie about everyone sitting around and doing nothing but talking over a fast-paced action thriller any day. I like to care about characters, movies like Inception don't allow room for this in my opinion. Movies rarely do.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM       
sadly for you thosse movies are hard to market, i would say watch tv series but thosse most of the time suffer the same issues

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Kick Ass. It was amusing and worth the time even if for no other reason than...

Spoilers!
IT'S LIKE WICKER MAN AND GHOST RIDER ALL OVER AGAIN.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 12:04 AM       
Shrek Forever After, although I really didn't get to see much of the movie, what I saw was extremely good, for a kid's movie. The Karate Kid was OK, but I really wanted to see Jackie Chan kick that smarmy instructor in the balls. That would have kicked the movie up to 11.

"PG-13" is as high I go in the MPAA ratings these days.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 09:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
IT'S LIKE WICKER MAN AND GHOST RIDER ALL OVER AGAIN.
Exactly but he isnt even the main character so aside from the glorious torture scene you hardly see him.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 11:11 AM       
Orphan - It wasn't as bad as it looked.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:54 AM       
The Messenger. Great movie, although it went a little long. I also had the nagging feeling I was watching Eminem in the lead, or that I should have been.

Another big problem was that the sound was like mumblemumblemumble BLARING ROCK MUSIC mumblemumblemumble. And if streaming Netflix has a subtitle or closed-captioning option, I've yet to find it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 10:52 AM       
Inception - Awesome. I wouldn't mind watching it again but I don't see how you would need to though to understand it.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 11:26 PM       
Glengarry Glen Ross, which I hadn't seen in years, but this time around all I could see was Regis Philbin.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM       
jesus i wish netflix streaming had a closed captioning option. fortunately all the foreign films we've seen so far on it have been subbed (fuckdubz), but yeah... english movies are only so good when you can hear them.

(i totally miss having the hdtv to hook up the laptop to, booooooooo.)

the king of masks -
disappointing film with a cool cover. it was about an old man who wanted an heir so he could pass on his craft. it should have featured his craft more prominently, instead of just him being an asshole.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM       
jesus i wish netflix streaming had a closed captioning option. fortunately all the foreign films we've seen so far on it have been subbed (fuckdubz), but yeah... english movies are only so good when you can hear them.

(i totally miss having the hdtv to hook up the laptop to, booooooooo.)

the king of masks -
disappointing film with a cool cover. it was about an old man who wanted an heir so he could pass on his craft. it should have featured his craft more prominently, instead of just him being an asshole.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM       
Expendables. It was a great laugh, I had a good time. Shame there was no Van Damme, but it was still classic.

There was a preview for one of those shitty Date Movie/Meet the Spartans type of thing based on the Twilight series, and it looked like the worst thing to happen to humanity since the holocaust; but the four or five thirty somethings sitting behind us laughed at every single preview joke we were treated to. Serious laughs, too. "That looks so good, I can't wait" said one guy as the Edward vampire character bit a pizza delivery guy in the neck.

I didn't think anyone actually watched them or enjoyed them. What a world we live in.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM       
That's probably a situation where 30 somethings backlash at the Twilight being everywhere and they were willing to glom onto something as bad as that to do so.

Kind of an enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of mentality, only with movies.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 12:41 PM       
"Vampires suck" looks so bad. To be fair Epic movie wasn't that bad. It had Crispin Glover as Willy Wonka.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 01:05 PM       
Watched Blue Velvet and liked it.
e: expendables tonight

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 06:54 PM       
The Expendables, shit was awesome
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM       
Diary of a Wimpy Kid...surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM       
Expendables. I saw it. FUCK YES.
Awesome stunts and action. A neck snapping good time.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 08:57 AM       
Expendables. It went to 11.

Spoilers!

Tanuki is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 02:50 PM       
My roommate visited and wanted to watch the Producers (the 2005 version). So we did. it wasn't bad. I actually thought Will Ferrell did really well.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 02:16 AM       
SHUTTER ISLAND

It was ok for what it was. I'm not going to be a GRUMPY OLD GUS about it like I am with every single movie I see, because it was enjoyable, but I wish like damn everything about it wasn't so predictable. I would have liked the movie better if I wasn't correct Also I knew nothing about the movie before seeing it so I expected some supernatural spooky-island shit, which I would have prefered being the gigantic fag that I am.

It was the second movie I've ever seen with Leonardo DiCaprio, the first being Inception last weekend. Both movies have Leo's character being in a dream within a dream.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 07:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
My roommate visited
Pardon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A dick
Both movies have Leo's character being in a dream within a dream.
SPOILERS.