Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
Like wev'e said, there are different views. One thing that is great about FFVII, its fucked up story.

Too bad the FF series has gone downhill since.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 12:50 AM       
Whereas I feel FF7 was a lowpoint in the series, and things have only gotten better.

FFX made me cry.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 01:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
FFX made me cry.
it might not have been such a good idea to share that with everybody...

ff7 was the first ff i really got involved in. i actually WANTED to beat this game because it was so great.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
Oh, I don't care. FFX was very powerful in its performance. And it was sad.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:17 AM       
Only FFs (in the actual series) that stick out as great are FFIV, FFVI and FFVII.

FFV being close.

FFVIII-FFX were ok rpgs but definately not great. IX being the best out of those 3.

The original FF was good too but pretty basic since it was the first. Haven't played 2 or 3 for Famicom/NES.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:42 AM       
FFX's graphical improvements and voice acting gave the characters so much more feel to them, and the story was wonderfully done. It was beautiful.

In fact, FFX is my second favorit FF game (6 being the first).

And unless you're a die-hard FF fan, stay FAR FAR AWAY from FF2.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:55 PM       
I preferred seven because it had a much grittier feel to it. Most of that comes from Midgar, cause it was dark, metallic and soulless, just the way i like it!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I preferred seven because it had a much grittier feel to it. Most of that comes from Midgar, cause it was dark, metallic and soulless, just the way i like it!
AND A NICE PAIRA TITS!

That was very funny. Well done.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:35 PM       
Concerning Jenova:

Jenova was Sephiroth's source of power. possibly Cloud's too, but as far as Sephiroth being Jenova's puppet.. DID YOU FORGET that Sephiroth was insane?!? And that HE had the desire to become a God? Jenova was a means to an end.

As far as VII being the best of the series... I'd say that only if I meant it in the same respect as "Empire Strikes Back was the best of the Star Wars films" if you look at it in the way that FF VII had the biggest tragedy (Aeris is dead! Oh no!) You could say the same for FFVI, because Kefka destroyed the world, but the only character that dies is the soldier in Mobliz. And Shadow too, but that's only if you don't wait for his ass.

The BEST FF is indeed VI, for too many reasons to list (and for the sake of not being repetitive) But as far as what started me on the FF series, it was IV (II in the US). I got that the day I got my Super NES (WAY back in the Christmas of '91 if memory serves) and I've been hooked since.

And Kefka owned over Sephiroth. What other villain in ANYTHING actually succeeded in destroying the world?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:47 PM       
There are a handful of characters that died.

General Leo, all of Doma Castle (including Cyan's wife and son), Shadow, the soldier in Mobliz, the Moogles, Daryll, Rachel, King Figaro, Gau's mother, Vargas, and probably a couple more.

Not all of them were big players in the actual game, but they all had an impact on the story and characters.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:54 PM       
Yea, I was just going off the top of my head.

But (Leo notwithstanding, he was playable for all of 5 minutes without game genie) Aeris was the first character you could play as for more than half of Disk 1... maybe that's why.

I STILL think VI is the best. I loved how it suddenly became non-linear in the second half and that there was no TRUE central character.

r00zTr is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Yeah, I loved the look of FF7. Each area had it's own mood, most of them being kinda dark(Midgar slums, Nibelheim), others being bright and cheery(Gold Saucer, that one beach resort town, forget the name). The music added so much to it.

-Tracy Morgan as Star Jones on SNL
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 01:14 AM       
i have to vent this somewhere

on ff9 i just played for almost 2 hours without saving (incredibly stupid, i know, but i wanted to see how far i could go without it) and i just got killed by a book. a motherfucking book. dont get me wrong, its a tough book. a magical book. with really sharp paper that it throws at you. but still, its a fucking book
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 01:29 AM       
I know the feeling. Not from FF games, but from Vice City. And it really does suck.

But now you're fired up. You're gonna go back through (saving this time), and you're gonna show that motherfucking book who's the boss.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 01:33 AM       
i dont think id play through 9 again, i didnt enjoy it that much, and zidane was pretty crappy as a main character, he didnt have that cool factor working for him
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:53 AM       
That'd probably be why EVERYONE seems to agree that FF9 is the worst (read: not as enjoyable but still fun) of the FF series.

But then again, I AM playing through it again right now.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:21 AM       
No, not everyone.

Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:46 PM       
ehh. I just found it VERY hard at first to get into FF9, and it's the only one I haven't played through more than a dozen times. That's why I'm playing through it again, I basically forgot everything in it.

By the way, Metal Slug rules. I just wish I could find it on MAME or something.
OxfordSparky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:56 PM       
I think we need to set some shit straight.

FF8 causes cancer.

That said, FF7 was fantastic. That whole plotline file Jamesman linked to (I think it was him) can really expand your enjoyment of the story. 8 I couldn't force myself through; I got a few hours into it and hated it. 9 was cool in a retro sort of way, but the storyline was kind of silly (it seemed like you were going place to place for no reason, Lufia 1-style.) And 10 was a fucking movie that wasn't very good. When you make it to the last boss and kind of stop caring, it's not a good thing. Now they're making that asinine sequel where they hunt magic balls and have guns and shit; it sounds like someone is playing a joke on the gaming community.
Legislacerator
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM       
hey, thats great! i will let you know when anybody here gives a fuck!

hmmm...not yet
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:07 PM       
Pretty much, IS.

Oxford, if you don't understand FFX-2, then you are as stupid as your opinions lead you to appear to be.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:46 PM       
I'm really starting to miss people bashing newbies non stop

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:54 PM       
FF2 and 3 rocked - the Queen was a bitch in II though.

FF7 definitely was incredible. 8 was pretty good

I dont know what the hell 9 was

10 was excellent once you got past the beginning few hours
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 02:54 PM       
How much do I love VII? Well, let me illustrate with a story. I got VII along with my Playstation, but there was no memory card! I played for like four hours before dying. Then, I was desperate for a memory card, but it was Christmas! I called friends asking if they had any extras. One of my friend's little brother had one and said he'd sell it to me! I drove to his house right away in a pretty decent snow storm in my mother's Volvo with its crappy rear-wheel drive. When I got there... he didn't quite have my memory card. I strangled him. He was 11 or 12 years old at the time.

Needless to say, I'm more than a bit attached to that game.

Now that's some fucked up shit!
The Wolf
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 04:05 PM       
That's the level of dedication more people need for games these days