Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
(spoiler=typearandomnumberhere)spoiler text here(/spoiler)

replace ( and ) with [ and ]
ah! thank you!

Spoilers!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 08:47 PM       
And hence the reason everything seems contrived to Chojin.

Because it was.

I got most of the achievements on the first playthrough.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM       
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or really think that makes a difference.

Bioshock is still terrible, fyi, srsly, guys
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM       
I mean some game site just did an interview with its project designer and asked him why he dragged the game on after you kill Ryan and he was all "uh, srsly? i didn't think anyone would pay attention to or care about the story."

GAME OF THE YEAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM       
The storyline was that every event in the game was contrived. So I am agreeing with you in a roundabout way.

Game gets a C++. TOO DAMN SHORT. The later parts were unexciting. "OOH! I'm about to fight the final boss! Oh wait! THERE'S A DOOR YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK." Blowing the locks took at least an hour and a half. And then it wasn't a fight at all. Ryan was a pussy. Fontaine was a fucking joke. Let's run all the way around and grab all the damn antidotes.

But it was pretty and the scripted environmental effects were pretty badass.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:25 PM       
I liked it. Probably still would if I played it again :O. Especially since there's a new plasmid called SONIC BOOM!

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:00 PM       
i still haven't played this but it's still sounding really inferior gameplay and storywise to system shock 2
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM       
Quote:
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM       
oh, balls.
Zombie Basher
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or really think that makes a difference.

Bioshock is still terrible, fyi, srsly, guys
I loved the game, but I don't think it deserved all the 10's it got. Maybe a 9, or 9.5. But I can never get over how hilarious it is to kill a splicer by telekinetically throwing a dead, flaming cat at its head.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM       
I had fun for the brief time I played it, but I also noticed a whole bunch of problems, the AI being a big one.

Also, the telekinesis plasmid is basically a really broken and shitty gravity gun.
Zombie Basher
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I had fun for the brief time I played it, but I also noticed a whole bunch of problems, the AI being a big one.

Also, the telekinesis plasmid is basically a really broken and shitty gravity gun.
The AI was a little shoddy. I pretty much went through the game dodging behind their leaps and killing them with the wrench. But the wrench was pretty kickass.
The TK was okay. The gravity gun WAS definitely better balanced, but I stand by the hilarity of lethal flaming cat corpses.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:12 AM       
Yeah, the telekenesis gun sucked balls for most purposes. Whenever you picked up anything big enough to actually do a reasonable amount of damage, you couldn't see anything anymore, and were only likely to get your ass kicked. The only thing it was good for was taking out rocket turrets, and even then it was only okay.
He speaks truth!

Last edited by Fat_Hippo : Feb 23rd, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
Zombie Basher
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM       
I don't know what you're talking about, I could always see pretty well.
I really liked the chameleon plasmid, where you hold still and become invisible. That was always really handy, because it let me get the jump on splicers, and evade the security drones when I'd trip the cameras, which was like every other second. :<
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 02:12 PM       
And Telekinesis wasn't a gun, either, fat hippo. I just found myself running and gunning through the whole game.
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 03:10 AM       
The biggest problem with Bioshock's story is that they create an incredible banquet of environment immersion, but without characters (you're just some faceless nobody, while the only other people in the game just talk at you over the radio), you never really get to sit at the table.

Early on, the game also feels a little bit too much like Lost, with all kinds of weird shit going on but almost no answers. (Unlike Lost, though, at least it ties up its loose ends, for the most part.)

Setting - A
Story - C-

Still a great game, though. The plasmids could have been a little more fun to use, but the gun and ammo customization aspects are pretty great. I'll play it again.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM       
I actually haven't wanted to play it again since the first playthrough.

I did like it but it was more like an entertaining movie. It's seen, not really played but I sometimes like it that way for a change.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM       
Are you planning on playing ANYTHING over xbox live anytime soon? It's been forever

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM       

I TRY.
The Wolf
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 12:49 AM       
Yeah, that's true

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 01:26 AM       

PITY PARTY
Cartoon-a-billy
Captain B O'Hare is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM       
I like the Steampunkishness.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 03:00 AM       
It's not really steampunk. When I look at it, the whole thing reminds me of Metropolis. How the past viewed the future, in a Fallout sort of way.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
Are you planning on playing ANYTHING over xbox live anytime soon? It's been forever
Yeah, I'll be back.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Zombie Basher
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
the one thing i wish it had was more plasmids, enemy types, and weapons. there were enough types to get you through, but i just wish there were more. like maybe a....... stake..... gun. yeah.