Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Virgin
littlefoxlovett is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:38 PM        Abobo's Big Adventure review
Yes yes...i'm going to do a review of Abobo's big adventure, and god do i love and hate this game on different levels...

....but kinda the same on both sides....let me explain:
You start the game with a long whimsical tale about how the 1980's Nintendo Entertainment was at its height....

Abobo lifting himself with one hand to the statue of liberty, witch is pretty tall considering its like, what, at least a few 100 miles of the ground.

So then we see aboboy getting punched in the happy sack a few times until he becomes abogirl.

So is the plot of double dragon but with abobo as billy lee.
Abobo started out as a double dragon boss so its pretty cool to see him as a character, even if it is only a flash game, and god hopes it isn't cannon in the double dragon,or , worse(if thats possible) a cannon story in NINTENDO itself. But you'll se why that is as well in the end of this review.

So the first stage is the typical double dragon but just other games thrown in as well, it's a cool idea at first when you think about it, but it loses it later.

So you fight your first boss at the end of the stage, which is shooter gavin from i think is either double dragon or battle toads....probably double dragon,and no, i can't be bothered to look it up on google.

Let me put it to you...he will kick your ass if you stay in the same spot all the time because when you get hit you get knocked down, and then he'll start shooting and you'll be screwed in the butt because you can't get up and your health is depending on you to get up and you can't because he's shooting and your fucked!

So you hold down one of the up or down directional pad (use it depending on your situation of where you are)
then try and kill him as fast as possible, it may seem cheap, but after the gun I don't think so, you rush him as fast as possible and hope that he dies before you do, or... get him into a corner and pummel him to death until billy lee comes driving a huge ass forklift (and before you complain-)
HE TRIED TO KILL HER WITH A FORKLIFT!-mst3k
anyway so he dies in an explosion and you get knocked down a pit into a "goonies 2" esq. room where you Popeye the sailor man down a can of spinach (of course..I HOPE it was a can of spinach because it was green and.. if it wasn't then, i don't want to think of all the things mold can grow on.)
So you take a sheet and go down the toilet until you enter some kind of super mario brothers water level and Bubble man stage from Mega Man 2(it happens).
so you the boss for that stage is jaws(or is it), and the best way to avoid getting hit is to (you guessed it) rush it and hope it dies before you do.

So after defeating jaws you face-A FLIPPING SHARK WITH A LAZER BEAM!
yes actually it happens and its so glorious it made me change my pants.
so you guessed it(You rush it with attacks until it drops dead).

Then you go to the legend of zelda stage, where its like the first dungeon of LoZ but way way way way way way way way way way way way way WAY!!!
less cryptic then the actual game
Point one for Adobo.
Abobo-1 Other games-999999999999
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM       
please review Amnesia next.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM       
I like reading peoples reviews of abobo. its like an adventure of its own.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:44 PM       
They're not reviews, they're just people explaining what happens in the game.

FIRST YOU GO UP THEN YOU GO FORWARD THEN YOU PUNCH THIS GUY THEN YOU GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND THEN I WENT HOME.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
They're not reviews, they're just people explaining what happens in the game.

FIRST YOU GO UP THEN YOU GO FORWARD THEN YOU PUNCH THIS GUY THEN YOU GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND THEN I WENT HOME.