Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:45 AM        Your scariest video game enemies.
What were the scariest things you've come up against in video games?

I'll start us off.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM       
scissorman
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:56 PM       
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 01:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
What were the scariest things you've come up against in video games?

I'll start us off.

Ecco the endboss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
Zombies ate my neighbors?
pickled
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Ecco the endboss?
Yep, that's the Vortex Queen. The bane of my childhood.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM       
The babies from silent hill 1.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM       
We used to call them the chili chitlins.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
scissorman
yeah this, scissorman was responsible for the only panic attack i've ever had
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:52 AM       

Imagine being 3 years old and trying not to think of this fucker suddenly swooping in your room when you're trying to sleep at night

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:00 AM       

Fuck all of these assholes, especially the Shalebridge Puppets. It's bad enough that they're terrifying and make the lights flicker when they get close, but they're also impossible to kill without a shitload of expensive and impractical fire arrows, even on the standard difficulty setting.

The Thief games in general are full of goddamn terrifying shit, but I think 3 was the worst.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:12 AM       
Oh yeah, I forgot how freaky the zombies on thief 1 were when me and my bud were on acid.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:15 AM       
I vividly remember playing Thief 2 as a child, and coming to a hole in the floor leading to a dark room full of moss arrows and loot. I dropped down, thinking it was empty, and found myself trapped with no way out in a 10x10 foot room with a fucking giant spider. I shut the computer off instantly.

Spoilered for people who haven't had the shit scared out of them by Thief yet
Spoilers!

What the fuck, Looking Glass.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:20 AM       
Man, I knew someone was going to post ReDeads. I can't think of a more "holy shit" moment during a video game than when I left the future's Temple of Time for the first time

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
yeah this, scissorman was responsible for the only panic attack i've ever had
Me and my friend used to play this together because we both refused to play it by ourselves. We were playing stage two as helen. There is a part where you investigate the fish tank, then the power flickers and scissorman pops out. The power went out in my house and I had the worst fucking panic attack. I locked the door in my room and grabbed the heaviest blunt object I could find.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:29 AM       
They're deffo the worst. The Windwaker versions were creepy too, even if they looked like Dhalsim and sounded like elephants.

The ones in Twilight Princess were pretty disappointing, just like everything else in that game.

Vampire The Masquerade had that Snuff Film quest, which was pretty gruesome by itself, but then you had the sewers that were full of homoncului stitched together from random body parts, and that one giant boss monster made from a pregnant woman fused with her fetus. Yuck.
pickled
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 11:42 AM       

The Medusa from Ecco II was also horrifying to me. I'm a dolphin flying in the air being chased by a giant squid-like creature. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM       
Wow, I know some people who are gonna get a My Melody nightlight for Christmas.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM       
The Regenerators from RE4. The giant shark in REmake. And, even though it's a damn conventional choice, Pyramid Head.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM       
Do you ladies need a phone call from your mommies every time you turn on a game console? JESUS CHRIST.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM       
Shampoo my crotch, sam. Some games are scary as shit.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM       
OH NO! LOUD NOISES AND FLASHING IMAGES FRIGHTEN ME!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM       
None of these really involve loud noises or jump-out scares, j/s
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM       
the zombies in resident evil 1 scared the shit out of me too. i'm also talking about the scissorman from the PS clock tower.

i think the common thing that was so frightening about these guys was their choppy framerate. they constantly moved the way you see people move under a strobelight, and i think it unintentionally triggered some sort of fear response in me

keep in mind all this shit scared me when i was like 12
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM       
I thought the zombies from the gamecube remake were worse, since they would come back to life and inevitably scare the shit out of you when you were backtracking somewhere.

And there's not nearly enough fuel to burn all of them, so...
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM       

Only the first time. Iron Maidens were pretty bad too.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD