Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Human Spider
rocketsauce is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 03:46 PM        Help figuring out British horror movie
Well, I'm pretty sure it was British. I remember seeing it in the 80's. A guy or 2 friends are in a car and get lost somewhere in the countryside. They stumble upon an odd village and decide to stay there for the night. I forget what happens in the middle, but it's somehow revealed that it's a town of cannibals . I think the main guy ends up thinking he has escape but really he hasn't.

It's possible that it was a TV show/movie because I don't remember it being that long. Any horror fans recognize this??
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 07:18 PM       
I think I recognize it. Did the cannibal villagers videotape themselves killing out-of-towners?
Human Spider
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 09:58 PM       
I don't think that's it. This was set in the 70s or 80s in the UK. I think maybe they made a stew out of his friend. Wish I could remember more.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 01:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
I think I recognize it. Did the cannibal villagers videotape themselves killing out-of-towners?
You're probably thinking of dead and buried.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 08:20 PM       
That's the one. Can't really remember seeing any overtly British cannibal flicks.

Wait, this one sounds kinda similar to what you're describing, except that it's Canadian.

Quote:
Cannibal Girls: (1973) Ivan Reitman's first feature film is a schlocky Canadian low-renter about a couple of stoned hippies (Andrea Martin and Eugene Levy sporting an afro and a handle-bar mustache) who's car breaks down in a small town in the middle of nowhere. The town has a dark past (naturally) about a house of cannibalistic babes that like nothing better than to lure horny men into their lair only to chop them to pieces and make dinner out of them. Lots of nudity and bloody deaths make up for the apparent lack of budget.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:28 AM       
Man dead and buried was awesome :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Human Spider
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 11:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
That's the one. Can't really remember seeing any overtly British cannibal flicks.

Wait, this one sounds kinda similar to what you're describing, except that it's Canadian.
Ivan Reitman? That's not it, but I should check that out. What I'm trying to find wasn't graphic at all, the town just acted really creepy. This might be a mystery that doesn't get solved, but it's not a total loss. I need to watch Dead and Buried. I don't remember that at all.
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 12:03 PM       
If it's not Dead and Buried, then I shall continue to do everything in my power to track down the correct cannibal movie.
Human Spider
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM       
Cool thanks. The problem is I'm starting to think it was an episode of a Brit tv series. So I've started looking into old Brit horror series like Supernatural and Tales of the Unexpected, but it's harder to research these episodes than movies.