Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 11:47 PM       
Feel free to hold me this statement, but I have a feeling that the Vikings are firing things up at the right time much like the Giants last year. I hope that is the case because if the Vikings ever won the conference crown I would take a shit on a plate and post a pic of it here.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 11:54 PM       
lol... just NSFW tag the pic... please.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM       
I know the Giants won and all, but I still want to complain about the refs.

They flag Corey Webster for illegal contact and nullify his interception, the next play the 'skins score a touchdown. Apparently, it is illegal for a CB to touch the ball, because didn't lay a finger on the wideout.

Then, Deangelo Hall puches off hixon's head and pulls in Eli's pass and there isn't a peep from the refs.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I think officiating this year so far has been piss poor.
I stand by this statement. Late (and looked to be helmet-to-helmet) hit on Frerotte goes uncalled. The flag on Webster was just mystifying. Doesn't matter if the team is winning or wins, the refs should get the calls right.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
They flag Corey Webster for illegal contact and nullify his interception, the next play the 'skins score a touchdown. Apparently, it is illegal for a CB to touch the ball, because didn't lay a finger on the wideout.
I saw the exact same call against Joselio Hanson on (I think) Larry Fitzgerald in the AZ/PHI game. It should have been 4th and goal, instead it was 1st and goal from the 1. Bad refs are a plague on the league.

Hey, I just agreed with El Blanco - the world just stopped rotating.
You may already be there.
Mocker
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM       
I think they all decided to suck ass after Eddie Guns blew that call in the Broncos Chargers game earlier this season so he wouldn't look like a total asshole.

Or their collective gambling debts have gotten out of control and they need to secure some wins.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM       
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM       
I know this has been touched on lightly but today a federal judge blocked the suspensions of 5 players that tested positive for a banned diuretic:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

This is huge for the Vikings has Pro Bowl DLs Kevin and Pat Williams would be greatly missed had they been suspended.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 11:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I know this has been touched on lightly but today a federal judge blocked the suspensions of 5 players that tested positive for a banned diuretic:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

This is huge for the Vikings has Pro Bowl DLs Kevin and Pat Williams would be greatly missed had they been suspended.
Jim Rome's theory is that they did it because all of America wants the Lions to run the table in reverse
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM       
Nice.

Rome has been pretty brutal to the Lions this year. Not that they don't deserve it.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 07:18 AM       
Can the Loins make history?
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM       
They almost beat the Vikings today. I knew coming into this game that the Vikes would not blow them out. If there is any team this year that the Lions would beat it was the Vikings. With Frerotte out, my boy Tarvaris Jackson tore it up and led the Vikings on two impressive scoring drives to beat the Lions 20-16. What makes this win even better is that douche bag Daunte Culpepper couldn't extract his little revenge by beating his former team.

Anyone else see the terrible cheap shot that Cherillious made on Jared Allen? Dude needs to get suspended for the rest of the season for that shit.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM       
0-16 here we come. The legacy of Matt Millen will reach its climactic and historic conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Millen
Whatever it takes to get us to win, you do!
Any luck finding that AV clip, Pent?
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM       
HAHAHAHHAHAH

NSFW:
http://deadspin.com/5103817/fox-broa...cker-room-dong
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 10:55 PM       
Pub would love this one.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 06:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
0-16 here we come. The legacy of Matt Millen will reach its climactic and historic conclusion.

Any luck finding that AV clip, Pent?
I wish, it would be my computer startup sounder if I did
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM       
Even after a rash of really bad games, the Beag's are still in the playoff hunt. My take is that if they win-out they're in. Hotlanta will lose one more game, and Washington and Dallas are both on the schedule. They have to win out, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Reid
Hey, guess what guys; we don't have to pass the football all the time! There's something called a "running game" that everyone is talking about - why don't we try that this week against the Giants?
Sped.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM       
You know, most any other NFL city and its fans would exalt Donovan McNabb. I just thought about that.
Mocker
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM       
Any other NFL would have tried giving him a receiver, too.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM       
Who wins tonight? I'm going with Tampa Bay.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Any other NFL would have tried giving him a receiver, too.
They did; Terrell Owens.

My beef has never been with McNabb - he's probably one of the best QB's ever to wear an Eagles uniform (though that's not saying much coming from the land of Pete Liske, Mike Boryla, Rick Arrington, John "don't call me John-boy" Walton, and that lovely three headed monster of Jim McMahon, Pat Ryan and Jeff Kemp).

IMO, Reid has been the problem with the franchise of late by neglecting see tne need for a balanced (60/40 to 40/60) attack. Consider this: In the Bengals-Eagles game the Eagles had 18 third down opportunities. To convert these third downs to first downs they chose to pass the ball .... 18 times. Including several 3rd-and-less-than-4-yards chances. For the love of God, why couldn't they try to run the ball just once?
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
They did; Terrell Owens.
And they went to a Super Bowl. Yeah, Reid isn't as good as his coaching resume would suggest, but Donovan has gotten a raw deal. My buddy and I compared the way fans in Philly treat him to the way fans here in Tejas treat Tracy McGrady. They're not the problem, but the fans wanna see 'em gone. I don't get it; maybe I'm too rational.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 06:16 AM       
Quote:
My beef has never been with McNabb - he's probably one of the best QB's ever to wear an Eagles uniform (though that's not saying much coming from the land of Pete Liske, Mike Boryla, Rick Arrington, John "don't call me John-boy" Walton, and that lovely three headed monster of Jim McMahon, Pat Ryan and Jeff Kemp).
What about Randall Cunningham?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM       
Randall got a raw deal IMO. He was a great athlete who really didn't understand the QB position to his fullest ability. If he had a coach who gave a shit about offense, he would have been brought along more slowly, allowed the chance to learn the nuances of reading defenses and probably had a far more successful career in playoff games. As it played out, he got James David Ryan.

Them's the breaks