Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hugh_Bristic is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:25 AM        Surprising Cinematic Gems
I think we should talk about movies we either didn't hear of (because they were overshadowed by pop culture shit) or didn't bother to pay attention to because the genre was gay. I'll go first.

Hot Rod. Came out a coupla weeks before Superbad did and didn't have a chance against it. It's silly, and probably only appeals to people with specific types of humor, but if you don't take yourself too seriously and you get a kick out of movies that highlight cliches in movies (a la Beerfest, Team America, etc) you'll like it.

Sunshine. Sci-Fi, space, save-the-world movie whose entire cast was comprised of "Hey, isn't that the dude/chick from ________?" actors. I was completely surprised by this one. Check it out if you haven't done so already.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 01:31 AM       
y helo
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 01:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
y helo
Hi
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 05:31 AM       
what's going on here olice
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 05:35 AM       
My favorite song is Jukebox Hero

Old Jan 25th, 2008, 01:27 PM       
Glad to see you guys are still on topic and not irritating at all...

(And hello, Ye Who Was Suspicious of Me.)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 02:58 PM       
its just weird they were talking about you in another thread just a couple days ago, and then you show up! it's like you have the gift
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM       
Yeah, gift.

Anyway, Sunshine was a good movie for the first half, but the second half just devolved into some generic sci-fi horror movie.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM       
Art School Confidential surprised me.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 05:16 PM       
Rushmore.
El Oh El is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM       
I really liked brick, I was suspicious because I had only seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt on 3rd rock from the sun and 10 things i hate about you. But i really liked it.

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM       
Thank you, on-topicers. Will check out Art School and Brick (one I'm very wary - hehe - about) but if these movies don't work it for me, so help you God...

New to the list: Intacto.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Art School Confidential surprised me.
Yeah, I liked that one too. Took a different tone than I expected and the trailers would lead you to expect. It was good.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM       
I would like to use this pulpy failmix as another opportunity to pimp the awesomeness of Deep Rising.

Best appreciated if watched right after some truly godawful flicks, preferably Leviathan or that one Robospacestation horror movie with Kirk Douglas.

Old Jan 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
Grislygus, I don't think you understand the purpose of this thread. It's to bring to light surprisingly good movies - not your idea of cute, this-movie-is-good-in-comparison-to-"godawful flicks." Stop pimping, it's gross.

Also, I'm sorry I'm being mean to you. You just have to try harder, okay?
OH GOD
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 06:13 AM       
i just watched The Ten by the state and boy howdy did i ever enjoy it MTV GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND RELEASE THAT STATE DVD SET ALREADY
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM       
I hated The Ten. Now Leviathan...pure awesome.
If I had to list just one under rated and under watched film...hands down it is Equilibrium.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
I'd post some more recommendations, but oh my god that one guy was being MEAN to me

Oh Jesus

I mean, not everyone can find a movie as spectacular as Hot Rod, okay? Especially when we're the type of person who takes things for total serious. I mean, I saw Hot Rod, I swear, but you already chose it! YOU ALREADY CHOSE IT! I had to be in the group, okay?! I NEED to be in the group, to tail along for the ride, and I was all like "Underrated, not in any way cute, truly wonderful, and tragically overshadowed films (not just movies: films)? You bet your sweet ASS I'm gonna go with HOT ROD!"And then I open up the thread, and you took it.

You took it.

I panicked, okay? I panicked. I needed something, anything, that might possibly stand against it. THERE AREN'T ANY, OKAY? Dear God, help me. Help me undo this mistake.

But I can't. You can never undo the past. There's only one answer. Hopefully, when my fellow students walk into the pub lab, find my corpse, and hear The Ramone's "I Wanna Live" playing in the background, they'll think.
And they'll know.
Online communities are deathly serious.

Last edited by Grislygus : Jan 29th, 2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Not good enough, Oh Fuck, STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM       
Pub lab?
Ancient Mariner
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
Not Pub Lover's Pub Lab, College Pub Lab.

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 03:29 PM       
I do believe you're mocking me, sir, and I don't like it one bit - not a single bit!

Now, I encourage the rest of you to (re)check out Gattaca. This movie gives me a fat chub and if it doesn't give you one, you're gay.