Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:08 AM        Which bands are awesome measuring sticks/estimates for finding blow hards, douchebags
pretentious mooks, etc.

I'll gladly admit, it's amazing I could even speak to people without passing the thought of being able to offend them when I took GWAR way too seriously when I was in a phase of "Excessive gore and violence is stupid!" Wait, I didn't. I was also "Edgy" and "crass" as fuck. I need research!

I'm glad I hate myself as much as I do now!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:21 AM       
Portugal the Man
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:21 AM       
all of them
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Portugal the Man
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showp...ostcount=68844

Anything labelled "indie".

Ween

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM       
Nickeldumb.
Phish
Sublime
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM       
Death Cab for Cutie
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM       
portishead
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM       
Moby
U2
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM       
Brian Eno
Mars Volta

Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 02:01 PM       
Prince

Last edited by Ex Leper : Nov 18th, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
OH GOD
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 02:27 PM       
zappa
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM       
ADAM SANDLER

edit: ten years ago
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 03:01 PM       
The Beatles
Eminem
Nirvana

OH GOD
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM       
seriously, every fandom has blowhard douchebags and every fandom has nice awesome people

don't judge people based on the shit they like
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 03:41 PM       
I'd agree with that, but everyone I've know that was a fanboy of Nickelback or Tool has been a tool. Not just y'know enjoying the music, but going out of their way to have bumper stickers, posters, and other things of the sort.

I'm amazed to type this, but for the most part, ignore willie's post.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 03:54 PM       
In my experience, people who adjust their outward appearance to reflect the music that they listen are the only music fans I don't like. So emos, goths, heavily pierced punk fans, all black-wearing long-haired metal fans, flannel-wearing grunge fans, tight pants and Buddy Holly glasses wearing indie fans, etc.

I mean I guess these people are trying make a statement or whatever, but I find it dumb. And when you actually talk to these people most of them only talk about the culture related to their musical preferences. It's about as one-dimensional as a personality could get.

SKATASTIC
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM       
MC FRONTALOT
OH GOD
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:56 PM       
man fanboys are annoying no matter who they're fanning :/ FANBOYS ARE EXEMPT FROM MY POST

see also: juggalos, juggalettes, juggalermaphrodites, etc
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:42 PM       
Two things you guys! I had the same sentiment and open mindedness that Willie explained but I have beaten off of that path way too long ago! I don't know if I'll get back to that!

I also have the same sentiment as esuolhim towards people who go all out or even slightly model themselves after their culture. But I've never even talked to them! I even hate it when people wear only t-shirts, or even hats, with band names!

Mother fucker, I don't know if this is the worst irony or the funniest shit I've seen all week.

But yeah, I do have to say Moby is terrible as I liked him in my teenage years and when I listen to him now, the only thoughts that come to mind is the hope that I don't make a sad drama romantic story in my head from the ambience and cry like a little bitch.

Portishead. I remember liking their song sour times. Their other stuff, I haven't given much time! I'm gonna do that! After Honky Dory!

Also Willie. Introducing your teenager to ICP is literally the procedure to commit an abortion past the legal trimester. ( :*DE

Thanks guys! Now I have something to actually do!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 12:01 AM       
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 05:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyandquietguy View Post
I have beaten off
Keep that to yourself

I agree with Willie and Milpool, what people listen to by itself is not the issue. It is the people who change their outward appearance to reflect their musical tastes are annoying as hell. Not just because of their attitudes (which are bad enough) but because each and every one of them believes their 'style' is unique, and remain deliberately blind to the fact that there are so many other 'unique' individuals who have the exact same 'style'.

Also fanboys do indeed suck
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 12:33 PM       
"The the", "!!!", "Scroobius Pip", "Of Montreal", "Mixed Speakers Inc" There's a good primer list.
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM       
DREAM THEATER

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 07:17 PM       
God yes dreamtheater is good for this.
OH GOD
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 10:01 PM       
yngwie malmsteen