Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM        2010 Winter Olympics thread
I will not be watching it because I am not watching NBC. I will however track some of it on the interwebz.

We can discuss it here (but we probably won't do so very much)
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM       
I'm waiting for the curling event.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM       
And team snow-tubing.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM       
I'm looking forward to Olympic hockey something fierce actually. Curling too.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:03 AM       
So some women's lib site thinks the upcoming SI cover objectifies Lindsey Vonn....

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...urn=oly,217525

A few thoughts here:

1) She is fully clothed, these women can quit their bitching

2) Women's libbers bitching about objectification are hypocrites. If it weren't for physical attraction, men and women wouldn't procreate and the human race would have died out long ago. If it weren't for physical attraction, these unshaved pit having harpies wouldn't be around to complain that men find women physically attractive. I don't see these women complaining about their own conception which more than likely came from some form of physical attraction between their parents though. So they should shut up about men liking to look at women because that's exactly why these birkenstock wearing Indigo Girls fans are around today to whine

3) That cover says "America's Best Woman Skier Ever" not, "Hey check this chick out!" These women have an issue with this cover because they want to have an issue with it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:43 AM       
That is pretty ridiculous.

I do like her form on the front cover. The first thing I thought of was "Butt out U"

Then I noticed her legs which looks like USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM       
SI was interested in selling magazines. Seeing their demographic is mostly male, between the ages of 21 and 49, my thought is that they did what they set out to do. PUT HAWT BABE ON COVER.

Maxim has been doing the same thing for years.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 02:33 PM       
I already mentioned this before but one of my best friends in elementary school was this guy. So although I think figure skating is lame I'll watch probably watch him to see how he does.

Other than that I hate the Olympics so

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:38 AM       
Minnesota sure love's it's celebrities. First it was Al Franken, then Brett Favre, and now Vonn. Every day a story about Vonn is crammed into the local rags. I'm not complaining as you probably know by now that she is very easy on the eyes but I just don't know if i'm ready to handle the ensuing bombardment of Vonn Olympic Fever.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I already mentioned this before but one of my best friends in elementary school was this guy. So although I think figure skating is lame I'll watch probably watch him to see how he does.

Other than that I hate the Olympics so
They've been partners for 10 years now. Is he hittin that shit yet? He's probably gay so I might have just answered my own question.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 02:35 AM       
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 08:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
He's probably gay so I might have just answered my own question.
He's a figure skater. 'Nuff said.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM       
Hey. Johnny Weir is an ATHLETE godammit.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM       
Gold for Australia in the mens speed skating. Calling it.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 09:23 AM       
Which event, Zhuk? There are about a zillion.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM       
Christ, I don't know. All of them.

I wasn't entirely sure we participated until the last games.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM       
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 04:31 PM       
Wow, if the women's libbers hated the SI thread with Lindsey Vonn, their heads are going to explode when they see the swimsuit issue

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...urn=oly,218547

But wait, I looked at her bio and what is this? It says she weighs 165lbs. She looks just fine in those pics, and I think this is an example of a woman who can look good without starving herself like these supermodels do. The same women who complain about objectification are also known to complain about swimsut models giving poor body images. But here we have an example of a woman who looks good at a more realistic weight. So my question is; Do the women's rights groups get mad at her for marketing herself? Or do they point to her as a champion of a good body image? Sadly I expect more of the former than the latter.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 08:52 PM       
I tried an unscientific experiment with the SI cover. Imagining I was seeing it for the first time, and outside of her obvious hotness, I tried to determine the first thing I would notice about the photo. The winner was the huge number of sponsorships plastered all over her ski suit. I then gave the cover to my wife, and asked her the same question. Her response? Her first impression was that Ms. Vonn was solidly built, and obviously didn't starve herself.

To paraphrase the article, and you too Mr. P., I say kudos to Lindsey for being an athlete that happens to be good looking.
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
So my question is; Do the women's rights groups get mad at her for marketing herself?
Of course. Skinny or fat, it comes down to a scantily clad woman featured in a "men's" magazine and the activist hags won't have any of it.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 09:06 PM       
Of course, most of those activists are, as you say, hags. Major league bowwows. They're just jealous.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 10:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Major league bowwows.
That's awesome.

Countdown.....
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 03:39 PM       
The funny thing is that I learned that term from one of the smartest P-chem students it was ever my pleasure to teach. She's now a patent attorney.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 03:45 PM       
I need a good patent attorney actually. They're surprisingly expensive.