Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
TEAM FORTRESS 222222222222222222222222222
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 11:01 AM       
Rainbow 6 - Vegas 2.

Very nice game. Also, my 360 got shocked yesterday, thunderstorm and all that. Seems like it fried the back USB-Port but left everything else alone...and of course I hope that by having my console struck by lightning, it will gain super-powers, like...well, not breaking down every six months. For that I would sacrifice that USB-Port anytime ^^
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 09:09 AM       
I'm still playing the same games I was playing when I last posted in this thread. Steady diet of TF2, Halo 3 (even though it's busted), COD4, etc.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:16 AM       
So I just modded my PSP, and spent the last few days finding different games, emulators, and other apps to download. Then I discovered Echochrome.

That game has got to be the most wonderful portable game ever created. Fucking wonderful.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:36 AM       
Now I'm not playing anything. I need to get back to writing. Maybe work on some Mr. Wonderful stuff.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 05:23 AM       
I spent about 12 hours of quality time with Team Fortress 2 today.

I still have trouble with the idea that while backstabbing the Engineer is hilarious, his sentries taking me to pieces afterwords because I failed to sap them beforehand is not.

Also, Pyros can go and suck a gigantic, throbbing cocksickle. We had about 9 guys on a single point, three of them medics giving buffs to soldiers, and a lone pyro/medic team comes in and takes out fucking all of us in a matter of seconds. If it weren't for Pyros I'd daresay this game was perfect.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jul 25th, 2008 at 07:43 AM.
has a woody
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 11:34 AM       
If you're quick, you can stab and sap before getting gunned down. The idea is to approach the sentry from behind so it takes awhile to turn.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
Yeah, I just haven't gotten the hang of sapping yet.

I'll get lucky and get a noob engineer every once in a while, but the ones who know what they're doing usually shotgun the hell out of anything that comes within 20 feet of their stuff.

Sniper is also one of the best disguises ever, especially when you're trying to take out sentries on a point your team is pushing; you can stand behind everyone and wait for an opening for really as long as you want because nobody ever expects Snipers to move. This is also why Snipers are piss easy gank targets :<
has a woody
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM       
Alternatively, you'd be retarded to disguise as a Heavy, which is why I'll sometimes get away with it if used sparingly. Hooray reverse psychology!

I can't wait for the Spy update. But one thing I'd like to see is the Scout disguise getting a speed bump. It's useless since you're obviously fake when you're running, but when you're a soldier or heavy, you get penalized :<

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 06:52 PM       
But when you're disguised as a heavy or soldier the loss in speed helps deceive the enemy so you're not really being penalised. If they gave the spy scout speed then all the spies would just use a scout disguise to get to the front line then change to something else - it'd just make the game kind of ridiculous in the same way that Counter strike is ridiculous because everyone runs around with their knife out.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 10:40 PM       
Heavy disguises get Medics to buff me every single time, and make me wish I had that "FYI I am a Spy" spray.

They're especially useful on Goldrush, where you can't succeed as Blu without half a team of the bastards. I've only been found out once before mercilessly taking out everyone pushing the cart.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 04:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I still have trouble with the idea that while backstabbing the Engineer is hilarious, his sentries taking me to pieces afterwords because I failed to sap them beforehand is not.
get another spy to go with you so one of you can stab the engineer and th other can sap the sentries, idk
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 06:40 AM       
So I've played about 26 hours of this game in a two day period. Is this normal for first timers or should I be seeking help at this point?

I also couldn't think of a better game to get mindlessly addicted to, this is seriously fucking great <3
has a woody
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 08:09 AM       
So a good chunk of people were talking about some game for the DS called "Rhythm Heaven" that was showed at E3. Apparently it's a sequel to a really silly GBA game, so I loaded it up on my PSP before going to bed.

I ended up staying awake a lot later than I planned. The game is so stupid, but so fun. It's made by the WarioWare people, and it's really evident; you mostly just use the A button, and occasionally a D-Pad, to play microgames to the beat of the music. It sounds easy, but it turns out my sense of rhythm isn't as awesome as I thought it was

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM       
I accrued 40 hours in a three day period in TF2, now I never want to play it again.
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM       
I've been switching between Gunbound Revolution, Diablo II, and GTAIV (the last I have for the 360. My Gamertag is the same as my forum name, so send a friend request if you want.)
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM       
Right now: Ace Combat 6, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Civilization 4, Colonization aaaand Alpha Centauri.
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM       
Armed Assault has been getting some serious play, trying to supplement my Battlefield 2 addiction. Tf2 is a masterpiece I enjoy as well- I've been enjoying busting out the HW slaughterfest on Pyro's since they added the achievements
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM       
I was torn between downloading Penny Arcade or Commanders: Attack of the Genos. I went with Commanders because it was cheaper. Not a bad decision. Pretty much Advance Wars with an art deco makeover, but that's not a bad thing.
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM       
I finished up the main story on GTA4 last week, and started an Argonian agent on Elder Scrolls IV this past weekend. I'm digging that game so far. Never thought Bethesda could improve on Morrowind, but it sure looks like they did.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM       
You'll find out later that they actually didn't, though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 10:57 AM       
But they really did.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 06:08 PM       
Oblivion is an arcade game
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM       
I'd pay $0.25 for it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 03:26 AM       
Resident Evil 2, for the first time.

Holy shit, that's a lot of zombies. My complaints about RE1 not having enough enemies are gone, since now I'm forced to knife and shove my way through rooms after all my ammo has run out instead of shooting a lone, unthreatening zombie out of my path every 15 minutes. And I'm barely half an hour into the fucking thing.

The voice acting is terrible and the puzzles are retarded, as is par the course!

The N64 version has also aged surprisingly well! The expansion pak ensures that character models aren't pixelated to shit as they would be on a Pee Ess Single, and it lets me use a control system where I press in the direction I want to go, and then start walking that way. It sort of disorients me when the camera angle changes and I'm pressing the wrong direction, and I also honestly never had a problem with the standard RE controls, but this is a nice option to have!

The zombies reaching through the window to grab me the first time scared the shit out of me.