Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Yeah. Well, theoretically there are "rednecks" everywhere, especially after the whole Jeff Foxworthy phenomenon that made it some sort of noble thing. I'm not sure what to call the rest, other than Walmart Enthusiasts.

Where I used to live, there was a radio show that featured a faux-redneck ranting about this and that. He referred to himself as "Uh-MURR-kin", so ever since I've been referring to Redneck-Americans as uh-MURR-kins.

I saw a documentary that claimed "redneck" came from the red bandannas worn by West Virginian men who took it upon themselves to defend families from anti-union intimidators. But I don't know.

I'm also familiar with Pikeys and Culchies. :P
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:40 AM       
Back when I lived in the city, we called them ventmen.
You may already be there.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM       
Well, I always figured that red-neck had something to do with working out on the farm all day and getting a sunburnt neck.

COULD BE WRONG.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM       
(to the tune "would you like to wish on a star"):

Oh would you like to sleep on a vent?
Never work and never pay rent.
And complain about the government -
Or would you rather drag a bag?

This brought back some crazy-ass memories...
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:47 AM       
When I think of vents, I think of the ones in Chicago that blasted hot air up from the trains and smelled somewhere halfway between Campbell's soup and diseased shit.

I have some good memories of Chicago life, but that wasn't one.

I'll be back later, got a friend's birthday lunch to attend.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Never work and never pay rent.
no, but I bet YOU would
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Well, I always figured that red-neck had something to do with working out on the farm all day and getting a sunburnt neck.
This is what I always thought it was.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM       
What I got was from some discovery/history/learning channel show about the history of rednecks. But then on wikipedia I don't see much about the red-bandanna army, so who knows.
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM       
REDNECK

–noun 1.an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.2.a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.
–adjective 3.Also,red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

This was actually on dictionary.com
teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM       
So this restaurant I went to for lunch...one of the fanciest and most expensive in the area, right?

- A long blonde hair in the bread basket.

- A short black hair wrapped in the napkin with my silverware.

- A hair of unknown etiology in my sandwich (I spit it into the napkin and didn't look, I about puked).

Ugh.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM       
I hate fancy restaurants. I like the little crappy ones who need my business.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM       
Hair falls out? Quick! Wash your hands!
teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM       
Hair falls out. Most people can either wear something over it or glance at the food and pick a hair out of it before it goes to the customer.

I hate finding hair in food. It makes me gag. I'm so paranoid about it that I scrub the kitchen every time I cook... shower, change my clothes, and even put cake batter through a sieve to get out any hairs or pieces of eggshell.

But at least there isn't any hair in my fucking food.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:37 PM       
What happens if you're using your fucking food and it gets in your hair?

Do you have to start over? Do you carry on but can't climax?

Tadao says you're not shaven, but I think that is a route you should explore.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM       
Your trolling is getting really clumsy.

So what do you do when you find a hair in food at a restaurant? Do you gobble it down to prove to everyone how hardcore you are?
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:44 PM       
Pub probably brings his own hair to add to other peoples food when he goes out.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
I was pondering the prowess of my trolling after that post as well.

I don't go outside, Guys. How can I go to restaurants?

When I get hairs in food I put it to the side of my plate and finish my meal. I have been called gross for this, but it is because I am really cheap and refuse to waste food.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM       
I'm too fat anyway so I just didn't finish the sandwich.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:07 PM       
It's an excuse not to go back to an expensive restaurant.

teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:14 PM       
The restaurant wasn't my choice anyway, it was more something I went along with to make someone else happy. So no problem with me if we never return.

Last time they assured me a dessert had no honey in it, I ate the dessert, then my throat closed up and I had to medicate for an allergic reaction. I checked their website and, sure enough, "honey butter". I vowed never to return after that, but certain insistent parties overrode my decision
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:06 PM       
Hairs in food at restaurants aren't always bad things. They sometimes equal free steaks and gift cards.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:12 PM       
You went back to a restaurant after they lied about what's in their food?

teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM       
I don't think it was a lie so much as the server was a dingbat and pulled the "oh, I'm sure it doesn't have honey" easy out.
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Last time they assured me a dessert had no honey in it, I ate the dessert, then my throat closed up and I had to medicate for an allergic reaction. I checked their website and, sure enough, "honey butter". I vowed never to return after that, but certain insistent parties overrode my decision
Wait... you went back after this? I have to say this last trip was a huge success after last time. If they keep this up you better go back for a third time, I bet they put Emeril out of business.
Funky Dynamite
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM       
I'm sure he would've been quite embarrassed if you had died right there. Talk about a faux pas.