Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

blacksamster is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM        Robot in the Family
Has anyone else seen this movie? I found it for a buck when my local Hollywood Video started their VHS clearance sale (sooo many great terrible movies!).

Here's the back cover synopsis:
"10-year-old Alex's life is about to become a 24-hour-a-day video game. When his absent minded father needs to raise $1.5 million fast, Alex and his family's wacky home robot start a race against time. It's one boy and one short-circuited robot in an electrifying chase through New York City as they hunt down a priceless relic. He may have a couple of wires crossed but this walking mound of megabytes has enough heart to save the day!"

The father is Joe Pantoliano. The villain is John Rhys-Davies. It is one of the worst films I have ever seen. The robot... I want to strangle. Pantoliano... why the terrible accent? And for some reason the makers of the film (I blame Pantoliano entirely, because he was also an associate producer) thought it would be HILARIOUS if they stereotyped every single ethnicity they could possibly think of.

Oh, and the blurb is totally wrong. The boy runs around with his dad, and the robot just acts RIDICULOUS in his SHITTY LIGHTBULB SUIT, talking in a TERRIBLE ACCENT.

Anyway, watching it made me think of i-mockery. =)
"Well again I didn't mean to throw a damper. Believe me that's the last thing I'd like to throw. I don't want to throw anything at all really. But when folks are horribly mutilated, I feel it's my job to tell others. We take our horrible mutilations seriously up in these parts."