Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM       
Paranormal Activity. How is this tops at the box office right now? It is the most terrible, nothing-happens POS that I have ever seen. I might go out on a limb and say that it is the worst movie I've ever seen, and not worst in any sort of entertaining way.

Think Blair Witch, except with more annoying dialogue, and less happens.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM       
That's indie films for you.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM       
there are tons of good, low-budget indie films out there. This was not one of them. They must have a whole brigade of people pumping out positive reviews on IMDB and such, because I can't imagine how this movie is universally raved about.

They must get all their box-office on people curious about the commercials ("scariest movie ever made") and whatnot.

Seriously, it's an annoying couple talking for an hour and a half.
There is no atmosphere, no building tension. The "scary" stuff is not that scary unless you're ultra-susceptible to that sort of thing, I guess.

It's like the entire nation got Rick Roll'd.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM       
I thought it sounded interesting, until my friend gave me a run-down:
Spoilers!

If I wanted to see useless ghosts, I can just stay in my house; it's more haunted than the one in the damn movie!
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 12:52 AM       
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and Iron Man.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM       
Srsly, here is Paranormal Activity.

Spoilers!

As I said, it was the WORST movie I have ever seen and I think the biggest utter-fucking-waste of time I've ever seen. It was like Blair Witch except nothing happened. It was awful.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 01:00 PM       
Ernest Scared Stupid.
:awesome
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 09:36 PM       
Zombieland.

It wasn't as balls-to-the-wall awesome as I was anticipating, but it was ok. It had funny parts. Thank goodness for Bill Murray.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 01:40 AM       
I finally got around to watching Hellboy and Hellboy II. They were ok. Not spectacular, but I was reasonably entertained.

I am pissed that Boondock Saints 2 is not showing in my city. First time I ever seriously considered going to the seedy part of town and getting a pirated copy of something. I haven't yet, but I am tempted because of this limited release crap.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM       
i just rewatched demon knight and i'm left wondering why the hell aren't there more pictures with billy zane as the badguy

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM       
I'm currently watching eXistenZ. Last time I saw this film I was really young and I think I was in Middle School, can't clearly remember it besides the infamous tooth gun.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Srsly, here is Paranormal Activity.

Spoilers!
Spoilers!

As I said, it was the WORST movie I have ever seen and I think the biggest utter-fucking-waste of time I've ever seen. It was like Blair Witch except nothing happened. It was awful.
Sounds exactly like Blair Witch but they were to fucking lazy to even go camp out in some creepy woods.

Edit: Not sure WTF is up with the quoted spoiler being divided into two spoilers. I tried to fix it and to delete it but neither worked.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM       
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY WAS THE FUCKING SUCKIEST SUCKFEST THAT EVER SUCKED

How the fuck do people even think this is scary? The commercials for this fucker showed people so scared they were cartwheeling in their seats from fear. The dude in it was such a douchebag broham "Yo ghost, come out here man, we got beef man, I ain't gonna let this ghost push me around man, this is my house and you are my girl man, come on you pussy ghost, step in this baby powder and I'll douse my hand in it and attempt to pimp slap your phantasmal ass because I am such a hardass" and the girl was an annoying cunt and her voice constantly going on and on was painful "MEECAH, COME BACK MEECAH, MEECAH STOP THIS MEECAH"
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:22 PM       
would you suggest it to anyone?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM       
People who hate themselves
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:49 PM       
the maiden heist

kind of dumb/boring but since it had christopher walken, morgan freeman and william h. macy in it i had to at least give it a shot
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:18 PM       
akira kurosawa's dreams
gorgeous film and I'm absolutely shocked I've never heard of it before.

Run-down: eight short segments, each based on a dream Kurosawa had at some point in his life. No overall plot, just a few short films all containing an actor portraying Kurosawa. The focus of the film is more on visuals and music than it is on dialogue. It is very slow paced, but gorgeous (the Peach Blossom dance, the funeral procession, and the Van Gogh segments come to mind).

Most of the dreams have a very flagrant message, and that is that we're destroying the earth and act irresponsibly towards nature.

Some of them are nightmares, without any hope, while others leave a more optimistic footprint.

I found it hard to pay attention to the subtitles as I was lost in the visuals of the film.

We rented it, and I loved it so much I bought it today off Amazon for six bucks. Definitely recommended.

Kurosawa Warning: No Samurai.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM       
I don't remember anyone anywhere saig it was based off of dreams he had. Are you sure about that? :quesionablelook
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:55 PM       
I guess you're right. I don't believe it though. I think he was lying.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
People who hate themselves

My girlfriend like it a lot and said it was really really really scary. I told her SAM and KITSA both said it was bad.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM       
I trust SAM and KITSA more than anyone I know personally.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM       
Thank you. Because it really did suck just about as much as anything could suck.

I mean, I guess if you're one of those people who gets all pumped up in advance, "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE SO SCARY" and then your brain makes it scary so you don't feel like a total fucking schmuck, then maybe it could be scary then. Or if the very thought of a ghost or demon scares the everloving hell out of you, maybe. Because that was all it really was, a thought, and a vague one at that.

And in regard to the "MEECAH, MEECAH" thing....I have known several people named Micah and all of them pronounce their name Mike-uh, like the mineral. Maybe the actor pronounces his name Meek-uh and that's where they got it, but the actress constantly screaming "MEECAH, MEECAH" was annoying as hell.

I continue to be pissed off at that movie for misrepresenting itself and being a total waste of my time.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM       
yeah, tadao, doesn't the title give it away? or that each segment starts with "another dream." come on, man.

(but no i doubt they're actually based on dreams he had in his sleep. daydreaming/imagining, though.. yeah)

FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN
pretty all right, for a cheesy old horror movie. the sets were very strange, as far as interiors go. the acting wasn't the best, but peter cushing makes a good dr. frankenstein.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 12:34 PM       
Independence Day- good, cheesy fun. Judd Hirsch as Jeff Goldblum's Jewish dad is great.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
I trust SAM and KITSA more than anyone I know personally.
If SAM says it, it is LAW.