Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 04:55 PM        Why I'm not allowed to own a gun.
Remember my monitor problem? No? Well fuck you then, Niggachink McSpic.

Long story short: Monitor display look funny. Me no happy.

I did all the suggested solutions from online support documents from Dell, aside from ones that said to go into my computer and remove cards, and remove drivers.

I talked to my brother (computer genius), to consult with him, and determine what, specifically, the problem would be (video card, other hardware, drivers). We confirmed it's the video card, and I need a new one. It's under warranty, so they should send someone out to replace it.

So me and my brother call up Dell Tech Support. Usually, they're pretty good at helping me when I have a problem. Usually.

RULE #1: IF YOU ARE WORKING FOR A TECHNICAL SUPPORT, YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO SPEAK WITHOUT A THICK INDIAN ACCENT, SO PEOPLE CAN FUCKING UNDERSTAND YOU.

RULE #2: IF YOU ARE WORKING FOR A TECHNICAL SUPPORT, YOU SHOULD NOT BE FUCKING RETARDED.

I laid everything out for the lady. I told her all the things I did, and that it's a specific problem with the video card, and I didn't feel comfortable (nor able to, on account of a metal strip blocking the card) touching the hardware inside my computer.

She asks me if I tried (insert something I already told her I did). I say yes. She tells me to reinstall my drivers. My brother butts in, and tells her we already determined it's NOT the drivers, and we shouldn't bother with that. So she tells me to open my computer up, and remove the card. I tell her I can't take the card out, because of a metal strip going across my computer, above the card. Later, after using a bit of force (which I REALLY don't want to use inside a computer), I got the strip to snap out of place and come off. But anyway.

It should also be noted that during this time, I snagged the cord for my mouse while removing all my wires, and it fell, dislocating the wheel, and fucking up my buttons. It's in the garbage now, and I must buy a new one.

She tells me to uninstall my drivers. I give her the benefit of the doubt: Maybe she knows something I don't. Turns out she did - She knows how to fuck up my computer.

I uninstall, restart my computer, and look for the CD to reinstall my drivers. I can't find it (every CD BUT that one). I go online to dowload it, and it asks me for a username and password. She tells me to register (however, I found out later my username and password for my Dell Support account would've worked just fine.

Upon trying to register and reinstall, my computer froze up three times. Trying to use a mouse that was broken wasn't helping either. I told her to hold on while I switched the mouse. I come back to find out we were disconnected. And they can't be bothered to call us back, because we wouldn't be paying for another hour of long distance if she did. Duh.

Finally, we talked to someone else (another Middle Eastern TERRORIST). My brother just basically did all the talking, telling the guy to fuck off with the support, and set up a dispatch (which is why we called in the first place).

Just. Fucking son of a bitch. I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I call to get something done, and I'll snap their heads off to get it, from now on. No more "Did you try this? Try doing this."

And if I ever have to talk to another funny speaking Middle Eastern cow-worshipping asscock, I'm going to tell them that they can just go right ahead, and put somebody on the phone who I can understand.

I usually don't have problems with tech supports, and they usually help me. Usually.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:00 PM       
Yeah, they get the most retarded fucks for technical support. They don't know anything besides what they are reading from the binder that they give them, so you probably know more than them most of the time.

They also have really annoying accents, so they try to get you off the phone as soon as possible. I really fucking hate tech support lines.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:03 PM       
haha, dell. moron.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:03 PM       
yea dell moved almost all their tech support to india. I have a few friends that used to work at the austin dell and they were saying that dell is gonna close india cause people are so unsatisfied.

I think one guy was telling me you can always ask to speak to someone else, just say you cant understand them well, dont know if that will get you the austin branch though...i think they might only do corporate accounts now :/
Rev. Danno is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:11 PM       
James,
by the way your other posts have sounded, I don't think it would matter much if you did own a gun. Your too fucking retarded to use it.
If you do get one, and you figure out how it works... Make sure it's all the way in your mouth first.

NIGhtMAre is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:22 PM       
and if you blow your head off lets hope the bullet keeps going and hits your mother to. So she downt make another Jamesman.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:26 PM       
You know you're being gay if Nightmare sides with you.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:39 PM       
Hey, I resemble that remark. Consider your name removed from the "Ladies of I-Mockery..." post Chojin. I just don't things would work out with us. I mean yes i was attracted to you at first wirh the Hello Kitty stuff, your fondness for DDR, the pics w/ you and make-up, the pink hair, & the fact you have a nice rack... But your just mean.
What happened to the Peace Love Unity and Respect? I'll never be able to look at a glowstick again w/o thinking about what we once shared... We posted our pictures on the same thread for gods sake! Doesn't that mean anything to you? Plus I think I'm a Badger.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:40 PM       
I can be gay without Nightmare's approval
Banned
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:44 PM       
You sure can, dude.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:45 PM       
What??? I don't get it? That totally made no sense...
Noob3, be quite... Grown-ups are talking...
Banned
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:46 PM       
It's okay to be retarded, Danno.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
i rang up dell a while back about a sound problem, and i got one of those indian guys.

Me: i have a problem with my sound. it skips when im on the internet, but when offline its alright

indian guy: have you tried increasing the volume?

me: yes but thats not the probl...

indian guy: go to sound settings and increase sound

me: but thats not the....

indian guy: go to sound settings and increase sound

me: oh..yeah, that ....worked great, thanks, bye (ya frickin idiot)

(hang up)

indian guy: another job well done

Banned
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:54 PM       
lame

TeRRaNuSER is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 07:37 PM       
you also know youre being gay if chojin agrees with you. the trick is to find that spot where they both call you a moron
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 07:56 PM       
I think you're on your way to that spot where everyone calls you a moron. I'd be happy to give it up for you.

TeRRaNuSER is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:35 PM       
no you dont have to give anything up for me, you can stay in that spot as long as you want and probly longer

NIGhtMAre is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 10:18 PM       
yea he enjoys that place. it has a sofa.