Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
Do you like the old school side scrolling mario games? If you do I have no idea how you can't have fun with the DS or wii versions of side scrolling mario. Sure, nintendo might have been lazy with the games but they are both alot of fun and I can't see how if you enjoyed the old school mario games how you could be disappointed with these new versions. Oh and have you played the multiplayer coin game on the ds version? Def one of the best multiplayer experiences on the ds.
of course i like the old ones but for some reason thosse two they give me the ubisoft feel they feel souless mario galaxy had a great feeling but this two just don't cut it sure it has mario but it feels just like playing any yearly game

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Tinker. It's this tiny puzzle game on Games for Windows LIVE. It's also free and has 200 Gamerscore up for the taking. I'm easily amused.

Also, Microsoft is selling some of their Windows LIVE games on the service, like Viva Pinata and such. I might actually buy Shadowrun, since they discounted it down to $10 to start. I loved playing it on my 360.
Tell me, do all the games offered on their service have GFW achievements which integrate with Xbox.com achievements?

Because that could be the winning push for me to buy from them
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 12:53 AM       
Jesus Christ, are points and trophies the only reason you even play games? Seriously, that's almost all I ever see you talk about, once you get past your PS3 fanboy raves.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 01:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Tell me, do all the games offered on their service have GFW achievements which integrate with Xbox.com achievements?

Very funny.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 01:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post

The games that Steam offers that use Games for Windows LIVE, (Fallout 3, Dawn of War II, Kane and Lynch, Red Faction, etc.), do, but there are a few games you can only get from Microsoft's service, like Microsoft Studios games, (Shadowrun, Viva Pinata, Gears of War). If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that if Fable II was ever released on the computer, it'd have to be on there. It'd go without saying that digital distribution of all their games would happen on THEIR platform.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 02:37 AM       
STILL bumbling around in Final Fantasy 9, close to the 60hrs-mark and almost done with it...

That and the US-PSN-Store is awesome. Got me some Money-Card-Thingies online and bought FF7,8, Blood Omen and Resident Evil 2 (one of my #1 favorite games in this part of the universe)...none of them are available in the german PSN except FF7 in all its -20%-Speed-riddled-with-mistakes-and-typos-translation-glory...Gah, disgusting.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 02:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
That and the US-PSN-Store is awesome. Got me some Money-Card-Thingies online and bought FF7,8, Blood Omen and Resident Evil 2 (one of my #1 favorite games in this part of the universe)...none of them are available in the german PSN except FF7 in all its -20%-Speed-riddled-with-mistakes-and-typos-translation-glory...Gah, disgusting.
Cheeky cow. I wish there were Japanese cards.

EDIT: THERE ARE. IT'S A PLAY-ASIA CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 04:08 AM       
What kind of nice stuff is there on the JP-PSN?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM       
Weird shit, mostly. Old PS1 games.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM       
I wouldn´t understand them anyway...ah well. At least I finished FF9 about an hour ago...really nice game, best cast of any FF with about the most boring leveling-system...
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:46 AM       
Just beat Kane & Lynch and now I'm going through Call of Juarez. I'm stuck in 2007.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM       
I was asking the question not because I care about achievements on the PC, i really don't, but if GFW on Demand had every game they listed to have GFW achievements, it'd be a really good selling point over buying on Steam. For example, does RE5 on Steam have achievements? Well if it didn't and the GFW version had GFW achievements that integrated with Xbox achievements, that'd be a much nicer incentive
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:31 AM       
Yes, it does. Any GFW game lets you log into the Live service and most of them have achievements, even if you buy them from Steam or get a physical copy in the store.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
STILL bumbling around in Final Fantasy 9, close to the 60hrs-mark and almost done with it...
I think you can get an extended ending FMV scene if you keep Hades hammer and have all the zodiac coins. I would gamefaqs it though to be safe.

I did a lot of annoying extras in FF9 and the lamest one is when you find out Onyx's real name is
Spoilers!

Choco digging is contagious though. I never got the 3 teas.(I think it was 3 or 4 teas) as key items. Theres one you have to get when you go for the card tournament, but you need to leave the city before completing it. Walk all the way over to the lighthouse keeper guy through the world map that is NEVER home the rest of the game and he'll give it to you.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM       
That Black Mage sidestory sure was sad. That, and that the last chunk of the game is terrible garbage, are the only things I really remember about FF9.

For the last two months I've had this weird, intense urge to play something Nintendo-y. Ultimately, I had to settle on the only Nintendo game I own that I've not played, Animal Crossing for the grandpa gamecube. I turned my nose up at this game a few years ago, I didn't get the appeal then, but that was 'cus I was cheating at it. Endlessly tampering with my gamecube's internal clock and using codes to get any item I damned pleased. Now, playing it the way god intended, I'm finding I like it a lot but I'm curious why everyone in the game keeps calling me a human when I'm obviously some sort of bull monster.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM       
I bought Dead Space and am playing it again. I forgot how much I loved this game.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:47 PM       
Dragon's Lair came out on DSiWare. Immediate download. It's pretty awesome to have on the go.

MrSmiley381 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:00 AM       
I'm currently engrossed by Fallout 3.

The list of other games I have to play is far too long and depresses me. Will I ever finish BioShock? Demon's Souls? Dead Space? Who knows.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 03:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I think you can get an extended ending FMV scene if you keep Hades hammer and have all the zodiac coins. I would gamefaqs it though to be safe.

I did a lot of annoying extras in FF9 and the lamest one is when you find out Onyx's real name is
Spoilers!

Choco digging is contagious though. I never got the 3 teas.(I think it was 3 or 4 teas) as key items. Theres one you have to get when you go for the card tournament, but you need to leave the city before completing it. Walk all the way over to the lighthouse keeper guy through the world map that is NEVER home the rest of the game and he'll give it to you.
I did all the Chocobo-Digging and got Zidanes Ultimate Weapon. Most of the other stuff...nah, too much work for stuff I donīt need...the last bosses were far too easy already but thatīs just the way FF is I guess...and yes, the last hour or so was a bit...strange, true, but all in all the story was a LOT better than the crap FF8 pulled.

I tried playing FF12 but...I canīt. I just canīt take it, itīs too bland, it feels soooo unimportant...and yes, the Characters of course...

I find it funny how the game teases you with Rassler in the beginning and you think "Oh, nice, he would make a good Main Character, look at that Armor!", bam-dead.
Next is Basch. "Oh well, he looks cool too." No-not the main Character. Then we are presented with Reks, already half naked. "Oh for Hasturīs Sake FINE Iīll play him if it really has to be!"
BUT NO! We get Vaan, his 8-year-old, sounds-like-crap, goes-to-a-swimsuit-contest-or-something-little brother. "GODDAMNIT GAME! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

An old story, I know, but I felt the urge to tell it again. Oh and the leveling-system sucks balls too.

So I might try to play through Vagrant Story instead, which is sadly not yet on the US-PSN (it is on the european PSN but I donīt want to switch around my PSP-Accounts, itīs too annoying)
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 06:14 AM       
vagrant story is like the greatest game ever

i wish they'd make a part 2
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley381 View Post
I'm currently engrossed by Fallout 3.

The list of other games I have to play is far too long and depresses me. Will I ever finish BioShock? Demon's Souls? Dead Space? Who knows.
Finish Dead Space. It's an amazing game.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
vagrant story is like the greatest game ever

i wish they'd make a part 2

I got stuck on a dragon not too far into it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 07:15 PM       

you should try again and run more or hit its tail or something
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 07:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Finish Dead Space. It's an amazing game.
Good game def wouldn't call it amazing.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM       
I loved it. It's much better than Resident Evil 5.