Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
What the hell is this? It's like the Timecube website

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 03:24 PM       
This guy (Bob) spent years working on a game for the DS. He wants to sell it instead of making it freeware, but needs a DevKit in order to make physical copies, which Nintendo won't give him (for several good reasons.) So Bob locked himself in a room for 100 days with nothing but a webcam and a phone for Nintendo to call him. 'Round day 30, he tore apart his entire room and was rolling on the floor in a fetal position, at which point the police came.

Then he made posts about how he's better than any developer because he made a game by himself, which "no one else has ever done". He posts videos of the main character walking around a town doing absolutely nothing, showing off how cool it is when cars stop if you walk into the street. Also, the main character is Yuu (har har) and he always spells "you" as "Yuu" on all of his sites and videos, because he thinks that's cute. Bob is also the final boss of Bob's Game.

He's still trying to get Nintendo (specifically, Reggie) to give him a devkit, making more and more insane posts. I remember when he was a normal person...somewhere along the way, he went totally bonkers. Now he says he's underground and in an alien spaceship or some shit. I think he's trying to be funny but it's just getting creepy now.

The best part about independant games is that anyone can make them. The worst part is that anyone can make them...

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM       
But is there actually a game that you can play? Or is it just him talking about it?
has a woody
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM       
He doesn't want to release a demo. He wants to surprise players and just sell the game. For all we know, the game is just walking around a town.

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM       
I don't imagine he'd make much money by himself even if he did get a devkit, not just on the fact his game doesn't look all that appealing. What was he planning to do about manufacturing and marketing? If he really wanted to see it on a system he should probably try to sell the thing to a game company that'd know how to make and market it.

If he sold it as software right now a few folks would probably end up buying it out of sheer curiosity, that might be his whole reason for this gross stunt.
has a woody
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43v06aFndLQ
lol Nintendo invasion. Isn't it illegal or something for them to be walking around the store and handing it to people and employees while they're conducting business? I thought that's why people always handed out fliers and crap outside of store entrances...

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 11:03 AM       
as lame as the game most likely is, putting sealed "copies" of your game in the nintendo world store is pretty ballsy and awesome
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM       
He could just nab the thing for a couple thousand bucks on the black market.
has a woody
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 11:48 AM       
Bob's not really smart enough to take a hint from Nintendo. I'm not sure if he's smart enough to figure out where to get the developer's kit. But I have to wonder if those cases actually had game cards inside them at all. And if so, how was he able to manufacture copies of the game? I'd be pretty funny if they were all flashcards.

Also, he looks really creepy. This is closing in on Grandma's Boy territory here.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Feb 1st, 2009 at 01:22 PM.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 01:06 PM       
i've been working on a new game

how's it looking?

it's... the future of gaming
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 02:29 PM       
Couldn't he just distribute that crap on Steam or using the XNA studios thing?
Maybe even beg Sony to let him distribute it on PSN?
It doesn't even look interesting-like a bad version of pokemon
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM       
Holy shit, Killzone 2 is bad. I copped the PAL demo and whoa.

I don't enjoy the pacing of it all, I felt like I was swimming in molasses and the enemies were on speed. The controls ranged from sluggish to unbearable and everything is completely and utterly grey*. I didn't play the multiplayer because I deleted it as soon as I was done with going a little ways into the mission(s). The explosions looked bleh.

In the game's favour, the engine made everything look and flow very nicely; the animations were pretty good as a result. Everything moves well, but you.

All in all, get Resistance 2 or Uncharted if you want good PS3 exclusives. Then again, I don't know what the fuck your bag is, anyway, so get whatever the hell that makes you happy.

I'm waiting for stuff like Noby Noby Boy.

*I understand that it's supposed to be industrial and shit like "AWWWW THE BRUTALITY AND BLEAKNESS OF WAR" but I've never enjoyed that aesthetic.
rockfuckcunt
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 06:05 PM       
WAIT 'TIL MICROSHOCK HEARS ABOUT THIS :X :X :X

and noby noby boy looks great, but thats probably just because i have a boner for alternative game design :indiefag
has a woody
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM       
I tried out Killzone 2 also.

It's...a shooter. I dunno. For everything I liked, there was something I didn't like, so all I can really say is that, yes, it was a videogame, and yes, I did in fact play it. Just like the last game.

It's funny how every game that's been billed as the game to save X System has always been good, but never oh-my-god-gotta-buy-it good. It's almost as if...hype isn't an indicator of how good a game is going to be...

Nah, Halo 8 is going to be awesome.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 07:57 PM       
The halo bashing got old such a long time ago. I honestly don't think that it was ever anything more than a means for pretentious fops like gw to try to appear as if they've transcended popular gaming or some shit.

The system-moving games are almost always good, at the very least, so I don't know why people would bitch about that. I enjoyed the hell out of the halo trilogy and I really like the storyline as well.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM       
I've transcended SHITTY gaming, if that's what you mean!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 08:47 PM       
TWILIGHT QUIZ: ARE YOU A SPARKLY VAMPIRE? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUTT
has a woody
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
The halo bashing got old such a long time ago. I honestly don't think that it was ever anything more than a means for pretentious fops like gw to try to appear as if they've transcended popular gaming or some shit.

The system-moving games are almost always good, at the very least, so I don't know why people would bitch about that. I enjoyed the hell out of the halo trilogy and I really like the storyline as well.
Eh, Halo was alright. I just don't think it was the second coming of Jesus like a lot of people I know were claiming. Like I said, hype isn't indicative of how good a game will be.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM       
A lot of people just loved the games. Of course hype isn't indicative of how good a game will be; knowing this but still altering your expectations for a game is just plain stupid.

That was very funny. Well done.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
Hype certainly isn't indicative of how good a game is or will be, but a lot of games are victims of their own hype. I think Killzone 2 has been over hyped from day one with that pre-rendered video and the hopes of Sony fanboys.
has a woody
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:54 PM       
To be totally fair, I always look at Metacritic to get a before-hand idea of what I'm in for when I start a game, and Halo's got a pretty good press average. So I guess that's why I was a bit bummed when I thought it was just okay.

Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM       
Ok, I don't think killzone 2 is perfect but i really do like it. The controls are a bit wonky even though there's about 6 different schemes. I don't understand why first person shooters can't just let you choose the controls like in Resistance 2.
I also hating HOLDING L2 to use cover, i wish i can tap it to get in and out of it

I thought the graphics were gorgeous obviously and the guns felt very rewarding to use.
But the character is too slow especially if you need to do something quickly like turn around. I have a feeling that all of this will be fixed.

The characters you interact with are pretty generic. Fathom Zero, there is no multiplayer in the demo by the way.

Maybe everyone just has their expectations thru the roof for this, i think it met them, just some minor things need to be fixed.
The helghast are actually challenging to fight at times. Another little feature is that your gunshots and the helghast that die actually stay, at least most of them, it's good to look upon your massacre
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 10:50 PM       
I can't get into playing FPS' like this, especially after something as fluid as Call of Duty 4.

Actually, this game makes me wish Criterion would make a sequal to Black.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 11:08 PM       
you can't kill helghasts with guns, you need an enchanted weapon like the magic spear or sommerswerd
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 02:44 PM       
I hate hackers in TF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!@!@!!!

I REALLY REALLY DO.