Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM       
So because of inertia it was able to punch a hole through not one but six walls instead of getting crushed like a popcan against maybe the third one?
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:46 PM       
You're talking about over 100 tons of matter moving at several hundred miles an hour. It doesn't matter if it's all paper machette, if it weights that much and is moving that fast, it will do major damage.

Sorta like how 2x4s in a hurricane can smash through concrete walls too.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:11 PM       
According to the internet, the typical operating weight of an EMPTY Boeing 757 is 64105 kg. It's approach speed is 263 km/h.

The force it takes to stop a 757 at approach speed would be 4683226 Newtons for each second it took to stop. Assumming it stoped moving from impact to rest in 10 seconds, that's 468323N or 105283.2 pounds force.

The 757 that crashed into the Pentagon was actually travelling much faster, about 560 km/h, but I don't feel like redoing the math - we're talking about a force of over a hundred tons.

With a 20 x 20 foot fuselage, that's roughly 190 TONS per square inch of impact surface. And that's not even counting the force of the explosion of the fuel.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:36 AM       
that snopes refutation of the non 757 is a little twisted and the the "video" of the pentagon hit has not been released.http://www.flight77.info/ they did release snapshots from the 'video' that were supposed to "prove" that a boeing 757 hit the pentagan but they fall far short, in fact they pose more questions than answers. why not release the video?!
do you see a 757 in those pics? and there were no crowds of people on the highway saying they saw a large passenger jet.

the snopes refutation starts with an assumption that if you don't buy the bush commissions report you have to have a scenario that makes more sense, and if you don't the bush admins conspiracy theory stands. there's got to be a name for that kind of reasoning. We've already been given an explanation that hasn't met the evidence available. who cares if there isn't a better explanation yet, the point is that we havnt had a real investigation yet!

i think David Ray Griffin sums up where we're at with the pentagon on 9/11 relativly well..

"The physical evidence contradicts so violently the official account, that the Pentagon was hit by a Boeing 757 — Flight 77, that is. The physical evidence, photographs, and eyewitness testimony say that the Pentagon was hit by something that caused a hole no larger than 18 feet in diameter. The story the Pentagon put out, and was published by the Washington Post, was that the hole in the Pentagon was five stories high and 200 feet wide. If you look at the photographs taken by Tom Horan of the Associated Press — that’s just not the size of the hole.
But if the hole was only 18 feet wide, it had to have been created by something other than a Boeing. Whatever went into the Pentagon pierced six reinforced walls. This was the west wing, the part of the Pentagon being refurbished and reinforced. These walls were extra strong, and yet whatever it was went through six walls creating a hole about seven feet in diameter in the sixth wall. This had to have been something with a very powerful head on it. A Boeing 757 has a very fragile nose, and would not have pierced through all those walls; it would have been crushed by hitting the Pentagon. And given that it only penetrated these three rings, the rest of the aircraft would have been sitting outside on the yard. And yet the photographs taken just as the fire trucks got there — very shortly after the crash — show no plane whatsoever.

Q:What do they show?
DRG: They show no aircraft whatsoever. And everyone agrees on this. The official story is that the whole aircraft went inside the Pentagon. The problem with that — the firefighters in there would have seen the airplane. They would have seen the engines, they would have seen the aluminum fuselage, but they reported nothing. Ed Plower, the fire chief, when asked what he saw, said, “I didn’t see any big pieces, no fuselage, no engines, no nothing.” But about a month later, when asked he said, “Oh yes, I saw all that.” His memory had had time to be refreshed.

Q:If what you’re saying is accurate — that it was a missile — then what happened to the plane and all the people on it?
That’s why I stress I’m not trying to give an account of what really happened. I have no idea what happened to Flight 77.
http://independent.com/news/news906.htm

Old May 25th, 2005, 12:54 AM       
Your numbers are fubar so I'll use my own, and show my work.

M = 80,000 Kg
Vi = 600 Km/h / 3600s *1000m = 166m/s
Vf = 0 m/s
T = 10s
A = (Vf - Vi) / T = (0m/s - 166m/s) / 10s = 16.67 m/s^2
F = M*A = 80,000 Kg * 16.67 m/s^2 = 1,333,600 N

Okay, a million Newtons. Great whats that in pounds?

(1,333,060N/9.8m/s^2) * 2.205 = 300,060 Lbs / 2,000 = 150 tons over 57,000 square inches is about 5 pounds, not 190 tons. Thats not going to go through SIX CONCRETE WALLS.

Well I didn't think 5 pounds per square inch was very badass so I gave it one second to stop and 14' x 14' to apply all the force. After that I got 105 pounds per square inch. Thats 7 tons per square foot that could do some severe damage for sure! Like rip the wings off upon initial contact with the E ring. like in this picture;
http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/imag...awn/pent04.jpg

or put neat little holes in walls like in this picture;
http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/imag...nchouthole.jpg

And that massive explosion didn't do much to these spools of cable;
http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/imag...door_hatch.jpg
Old May 25th, 2005, 01:04 AM       
Listen, buddies, I hate Bu$h as much as the next leftist bastard, but conspiracy theories are idiotic.

The PSI doesn't determine pentration, angle and inertia of the oibject being penetrated are facotrs you completely forget.

http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/imag...nchouthole.jpg

I see airplane debris which Ranxer denied existed.

http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/imag...door_hatch.jpg

How far away are these? Where they there before the plane hit or moved in with the news crews and repair companies? This proves nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
the snopes refutation starts with an assumption that if you don't buy the bush commissions report you have to have a scenario that makes more sense, and if you don't the bush admins conspiracy theory stands. there's got to be a name for that kind of reasoning.
You're tying to envoke the black/white fallacy, but this isn't it. Snopes states not that everything in the report is 100% perfect, but that nothing but slight 77 could have struck the Pentagon.

Pop in Occum's Razor and most conspiracy theories fail for the same reason Creationism does. Just because the other side doesn't have a story which can be proved 100% doesn't mean yours is just as feasible.

Quote:
We've already been given an explanation that hasn't met the evidence available. who cares if there isn't a better explanation yet, the point is that we havnt had a real investigation yet!
9/11 commission mean anything to you? Likewise, why would someone just happen to have a missile or whatever ready to launch on the day of the attacks on New York and planned strike on the White House?

It's like saying that cats, dogs and rats are all mammals, but there isn't enough proof that rabbits are.

I have yet to hear another theory on what happened to the pentagon that makes as much sense as 'On the same day three other planes were hijacked and crashed into landmarks, flight 77 collided with the Pentagon'.

Quote:
i think David Ray Griffin sums up where we're at with the pentagon on 9/11 relativly well..

"The physical evidence contradicts so violently the official account, that the Pentagon was hit by a Boeing 757 — Flight 77, that is. The physical evidence, photographs, and eyewitness testimony say that the Pentagon was hit by something that caused a hole no larger than 18 feet in diameter. The story the Pentagon put out, and was published by the Washington Post, was that the hole in the Pentagon was five stories high and 200 feet wide. If you look at the photographs taken by Tom Horan of the Associated Press — that’s just not the size of the hole.
This is where he probably confuses the size of the hole made with the area of damage done to the building. After all, the plane burned just like the ones that hit the towers. Their impact hole size and final damage was vastly different.

Quote:
But if the hole was only 18 feet wide, it had to have been created by something other than a Boeing.
We stated that the fuselage was '20x20' or roughly 18 feet in diameter. It's conceivable that the wings snapped back or disintegrated.

Quote:
Whatever went into the Pentagon pierced six reinforced walls. This was the west wing, the part of the Pentagon being refurbished and reinforced. These walls were extra strong, and yet whatever it was went through six walls creating a hole about seven feet in diameter in the sixth wall.
The reinforcement was mostly updating things like the windows to be more bombproof. I never heard that the walls were being made plane-proof. The planes that hit the twin towers pierced far deeper slamming through steel and concrete facing. It just goes to sohw the power of inertia. Quite a few dozen tons moving at high subsonic speeds can do that to concrete. It would have been (especially loded with fuel) like a large cruise missile.

Quote:
This had to have been something with a very powerful head on it. A Boeing 757 has a very fragile nose, and would not have pierced through all those walls; it would have been crushed by hitting the Pentagon.
The nose would have crumpled, but that doesn;t mean the rest of the plane didn't still have momentum. This is an obviosu disregard for physics.

Quote:
And given that it only penetrated these three rings, the rest of the aircraft would have been sitting outside on the yard. And yet the photographs taken just as the fire trucks got there — very shortly after the crash — show no plane whatsoever.
Have you see watery air crashes? An aluminum plane disintegrates when it hits something solid. It still delievers the momentum, but it's structure isn't strong enough to stay intact afterwards. We didn't find two planes sitting whole in the rubble at ground zero either.

Quote:
Q:What do they show?
DRG: They show no aircraft whatsoever. And everyone agrees on this. The official story is that the whole aircraft went inside the Pentagon. The problem with that — the firefighters in there would have seen the airplane. They would have seen the engines, they would have seen the aluminum fuselage
Bull. The engines and fuselage would have disintegrated, as neither was capable of withstanding the crash without doing so. And debris was everywhere inside and out the crash site. Also, the explosion of the fuel helped break it down more.

Quote:
Q:If what you’re saying is accurate — that it was a missile — then what happened to the plane and all the people on it?
That’s why I stress I’m not trying to give an account of what really happened. I have no idea what happened to Flight 77.
http://independent.com/news/news906.htm
Occum's Razor cuts his ass here. The most logical explanation for what happened to flight 77 and it's passengers involves a firey death collision. By stating her that it was a missile, he falls to the black/white fallacy.

Old May 25th, 2005, 01:28 AM       
"The PSI doesn't determine pentration..."

Yeah it does thats why bullets penetrate stuff because its a large force behind a tiny surface area.

"How far away are these? Where they there before the plane hit or moved in with the news crews and repair companies? This proves nothing."

They were no more than I'd say 100 - 150 feet away. They were right in front of the impact point and this does prove something. According to the official story the plane hit the ground right before crashing into the building so how could these have survived a plane crashing into them and then a fireball behind them?

check out the whole site http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/flight77.html

edit - "The nose would have crumpled, but that doesn;t mean the rest of the plane didn't still have momentum. This is an obviosu disregard for physics. "

Yeah just like when a car hits a tree, the front crumples up and the rest stays completly intact. Because metal doesn't transfer enregy at all.
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant_Tibbs
"The PSI doesn't determine pentration..."

Yeah it does thats why bullets penetrate stuff because its a large force behind a tiny surface area.
A bullet could penetrate your body even if it had no point, simply due to the speed and momentum alone, it would smash it's way through.

Quote:
They were no more than I'd say 100 - 150 feet away.
You determine this how? All I see in the image is spools that are on crash with fire in the background. There could be a multitde of angles and distances on them.

Quote:
Yeah just like when a car hits a tree, the front crumples up and the rest stays completly intact. Because metal doesn't transfer enregy at all.
That analogy is pointless, cars are designed with crumple zones. Likewise, by proportion the iron chassis in cars are far stronger than the thin aluminum and whatnot construction of a 757. Combine that with an explosion and pressurized cabin, and you have no airplane fuselage afterwards.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 04:49 AM       
seriously, WHY would it be a missile?
Old May 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Exactly, and especially considering three other planes were hijacked and two were used in attacks.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Maybe they were trying to fire a missle at the plane going towards the pentagon to take it down. That is the only reason I could think of. Unless you are crazy and think it was Bush/Cheny and the oil industry who did the whole thing.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM       
FS, you fool! You're asking the wrong question: Why WOULDN'T it be a missile? HUH?
Old May 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Maybe they were trying to fire a missle at the plane going towards the pentagon to take it down. That is the only reason I could think of. Unless you are crazy and think it was Bush/Cheny and the oil industry who did the whole thing.
That would still mean a plane was flying towards the pentagon and going to hit it.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 04:40 PM       
What about: Did a flight involving a 707 Boeing leave Dulles airport and, if so, where is it now?

That would have to be part of an official record, no?

Wherever you go, there you are.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:09 PM       
Quote:
I see airplane debris which Ranxer denied existed.
i see no airplane debris in that photo.
there's only one pic where i can see airplane debris and its way out on the lawn. not very conclusive. engines do not disintegrate! planes do not disintegrate.. there should be large pieces around.
besides the damage done to the facade of the pentagon doesnt match that of a 757
angpur you seem to be an odd duck.. claiming to be left and hate bush all the time like your trying to prove it. people like me have no hatred for bush but feel strongly against his policies.. i suspect you to be a conspiracy nut FOR the bush administration.

I've simply been repeating for a long time that all the evidence points to the conclusion that the bush admin and their toothless commission has been lieing repeatedly about what happened on 9-11. there were almost NO independant investigators. the investigation was stifled at every turn. Many folks with key information about all the attacks on 9-11 were not called in front of the official coverup commission.. I'll repeat that the best summary of info available to date is David Ray Griffin's book "the 9-11 commission report - omissions and distortions" [/img][/quote]

Old May 25th, 2005, 05:14 PM       
"...the iron chassis in cars are far stronger than the thin aluminum and whatnot construction of a 757..."

Right, so why didn't it crumple up against the side of a 24 inch thick renforced wall? And I'm not saying it was a missile, but it sure as hell wasn't a 757.
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:27 PM       
Quote:
engines do not disintegrate! planes do not disintegrate.. there should be large pieces around.
There were no large airplane pieces in ground zero at New York.

Hell, look at the crash off Nova Scotia. The FBI and FAA needed to piece thousands of bits of that plane baqck together to find out what happened. Planes only stay intact when they hit an open feild. If they slam into an ocean or a building, their pressurized cabins tear to pieces.

Quote:
besides the damage done to the facade of the pentagon doesnt match that of a 757
Do you think when bugs bunny leaves an outline of himself in the wall, that's realistic. Oh, nevermind, a photoshopped image with question marks is indesputable proof.

Quote:
angpur you seem to be an odd duck.. claiming to be left and hate bush all the time like your trying to prove it. people like me have no hatred for bush but feel strongly against his policies.. i suspect you to be a conspiracy nut FOR the bush administration.
YOU call ME a conspiracy nut?

Not all Kerry/Nader voters are out there protesting. Not all of us cry 'BU$H' and 'AmeriKKKa'. You sir, are to the left what Creationists are to the right.

But never mind, disagreeing with Bush means he must be Satan and firing missiles at our own buildings. And my votingsupporting for Kerry is just an elaborate facade to convice the world that I am not a bible thumper.

[/quote]I've simply been repeating for a long time that all the evidence points to the conclusion that the bush admin and their toothless commission has been lieing repeatedly about what happened on 9-11. there were almost NO independant investigators. the investigation was stifled at every turn. Many folks with key information about all the attacks on 9-11 were not called in front of the official coverup commission.. I'll repeat that the best summary of info available to date is David Ray Griffin's book "the 9-11 commission report - omissions and distortions" [/img][/quote]

You think Bush Sr. shot Kennedy don't you?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM       
It's really cute that people with no understanding of physics try to argue this from a 'common sense' point of view, but unless you actually have some experience, do please shut up. For example, it's illegal to throw crap off the empire state building because even a penny dropped from that height is fatal to anyone below. Just because in your limited experience pennies bounce when they hit the ground (even when you throw them at it really, really hard) doesn't mean that they don't sink an inch or two into concrete when enough inertia is behind it.

Same thing with the pentagon. If you fired a sparrow at the speed of sound in the general direction of the building, it'd do some damage.

As for this great debate, I don't get why it matters what hit the pentagon. It wasn't the primary target and in the grand scheme of the aftermath means all of jack and shit. You don't see 9/11 NEVA FORGET shirts with pictures of a burning pentagon next to a morbidly-depressed eagle. The World Trade Center attack was the only one that really mattered as far as public opinion goes.

So, here are your two scenarios:

1. America is attacked by terrorists who hijack 4 planes, 3 of which hit targets in the US.
2. America is attacked by terrorists who hijack 4 planes, 2 of which hit the trade centers, 1 of which vanishes, and the president calls in an attack at the last minute to fire a missile at the pentagon 'just to be safe'.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:38 PM       
Re: Primary Target

Are you speaking in reference to destroying specific targets/people, anticipated damage, antipated lives lost, anticipated experience of loss by Americans of a national icon or some intelligence specifically gleaned from terrorist after the fact?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
So, here are your two scenarios:

1. America is attacked by terrorists who hijack 4 planes, 3 of which hit targets in the US.
2. America is attacked by terrorists who hijack 4 planes, 2 of which hit the trade centers, 1 of which vanishes, and the president calls in an attack at the last minute to fire a missile at the pentagon 'just to be safe'.
Occum's Razor says that the simplest explanation is often the correct one. So which scenario is simpler?

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2005, 07:28 PM        Seems important.......
I am admittedly feeble minded and incapable of dealing with grand conspiracy theory schemes. So please forgive my ignorance. But all scientific/phsyic/whathaveyou rational aside, it seems to me that the idea of what happened to the plane and the people on it if it DIDN'T crash into the Pentagon would be a key piece of the puzzle yes?

I mean we can assume that those 100+ people or whatever actually did board an airplane at the time it was supposed to take off right? So if it was actually something other than that flight which struck the Pentagon, doesn't the conspiracy theory have to become even MORE complicated now?

If you're accepting the premise that no airplane struck the building, what's the theory on where the people on that flight went? We're they boarded up and locked away somewhere? Or did "they" (the evil materminds) simply ditch the plane in some remote part of the world in order to make the jet impact scenario seem plausible?

Call me crazy but it seems to me in order to buy off on the whole "it wasn't a 747" theory, you've also got to accept some pretty nutty assumptions as to what actually happened to Flight 77.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2005, 01:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngPur
Occum's Razor says that the simplest explanation is often the correct one. So which scenario is simpler?
That would be the point, you windy bag of dicks.
Old May 26th, 2005, 03:21 AM       
I know, I wasn't arguing with you. I only commented about it because something tells me that the people who are arguing against our logic couldn't be assed to look that up on Wikipedia.

So yeah, in conclusion, nobody casted 'magic missile' on the Pentagon.

(And I <3 you Chojin)

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:01 AM       
LOL at those question marks.

? ?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 01:06 AM       
Quote:
Your numbers are fubar so I'll use my own, and show my work.

M = 80,000 Kg
Vi = 600 Km/h / 3600s *1000m = 166m/s
Vf = 0 m/s
T = 10s
A = (Vf - Vi) / T = (0m/s - 166m/s) / 10s = 16.67 m/s^2
F = M*A = 80,000 Kg * 16.67 m/s^2 = 1,333,600 N

Okay, a million Newtons. Great whats that in pounds?

(1,333,060N/9.8m/s^2) * 2.205 = 300,060 Lbs / 2,000 = 150 tons over 57,000 square inches is about 5 pounds, not 190 tons. Thats not going to go through SIX CONCRETE WALLS.
that is the most retarded way to do math ever. especially because you're saying it took 10 seconds for the plane to decelerate. Plus you're converting from kg which is mass to Ilbs which is force. Moreover, it's not a force problem its a pressure problem it doesn't have to go through the whole wall.

What makes you think that you're so qualified to explain a complex real world incident with 10th grade physics?