Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:38 AM       
in fairness, i was the one who said 10 seconds. in reality i'm sure it was something much closer to 1-3 seconds, so sorry.

but if you're so smart, where's your math?

also, the conversion was from NEWTONS to pounds force - nothing wrong there.

also also, pressure = force/area

also also also, don't knock 10th grade physics - classical mechanics is the foundation of all engineering.

i am a little miffed he said my "numbers were all fubar" when the only real difference between his analysis and mine was he converted square feet to square inches without making a careless error.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM       
I think we need AChimp in here to calculate how long it would take to coat the whole plane in jizz. Or possibly the entire pentagon.
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
i am a little miffed he said my "numbers were all fubar" when the only real difference between his analysis and mine was he converted square feet to square inches without making a careless error.
Still, pressure alone doesn't determine penetration. Look to tanks with sloping armor.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:32 PM       
I think that we should request that AChimp coat a slope-armored tank with jizz.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:40 PM       
I suggest we continue debating this instead of repeating joke's from 2 replies above.
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
I suggest we continue debating this instead of repeating joke's from 2 replies above.
I don't know. I think all major points were covered, unless you want to change the subject to somewthing similar like how the moon landing was faked, or how the CIA shot Kennedy or how Elvis is an alien.

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:33 AM       
Heres an awesomenesstastic quote from the washington post about the video that clearly shows a 757 hitting the building.

" Officials from the Pentagon said the photos were not released officially by the Department of Defense. A Pentagon spokeswoman could not verify that they came from surveillance cameras.

"The Pentagon has not released any video or any photos from security cameras from the terrorist attack of Sept. 11," said Pentagon spokeswoman Cheryl Irwin. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:48 AM       
Quote:
but if you're so smart, where's your math?
My point was that I'm not smart enough to get the physics behind an air plane full of jet fuel and a pressurized air cabin crashing into building, and that's why I don't like the fact that I could've plugged numbers into a simple physics equation to sum up that type of an event.

Quote:
also, the conversion was from NEWTONS to pounds force - nothing wrong there.
The newtons are not going down but he said the acceleration is gravity. The force is pointed sideways so you need an acceleration going sideways.

Quote:
lso also, pressure = force/area
the force wouldn't be distributed over the whole wall so the area would be smaller making the pressure much higher.

Quote:
also also also, don't knock 10th grade physics - classical mechanics is the foundation of all engineering.
Even newtonian mechanics involved calculus, which is definetaly part of a 10th grade physics class.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2005, 05:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngPur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
I don't know. I think all major points were covered, unless you want to change the subject to somewthing similar like how the moon landing was faked, or how the CIA shot Kennedy or how Elvis is an alien.
Hang on, two of those are complete nonsense.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 28th, 2005, 09:09 AM       
I think it's fantastic that we're all debating whether or not an airplane can fly into a building. If you live in the US, you get about five opinions daily through bumper stickers that would suggest 'yes.'
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 28th, 2005, 11:44 AM       
The average is between 15-18 a day here. Most of them on the same Ford Ranger.
Mocker

Old May 28th, 2005, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Still, pressure alone doesn't determine penetration. Look to tanks with sloping armor.
You got that right. I was virtually begging this girl at the club one night and ...

Oh, I'm sorry. We really should get back to debating the ridiculous.

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2005, 07:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I think it's fantastic that we're all debating whether or not an airplane can fly into a building. If you live in the US, you get about five opinions daily through bumper stickers that would suggest 'yes.'
Dude, you see some of the neighborhoods I work in. You can get t-shirts, bumper stickers and posters that will tell you just about anything on this particular subject.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 03:36 AM        To hell with physics...
What about the people god dammit! I dont' know shit about newtons and plutons and all that other nonsense. If it wasn't a plane where the fuck did those people go!

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 04:52 AM       
Well OBVIOUSLY after the government shot themselves with a missile, they recovered the real wreckage from area 51 and strategically placed the remains of the bodies where they would have fallen had the plane really crashed there.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2005, 11:52 AM       
Then they erased the memories of onlookers and passerby with that thing from Men in Black.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
Then they erased the memories of onlookers and passerby with that thing from Men in Black.
Linda Fiorentino?
neojester12 is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM       
i'm so glad
for starting this thread.
i feel so idiotic
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:14 PM       
your haiku is broken
Mocker

Old May 31st, 2005, 05:09 PM        Re: To hell with physics...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
What about the people god dammit! I dont' know shit about newtons and plutons and all that other nonsense. If it wasn't a plane where the fuck did those people go!
Worm-fucking-hole!

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:51 AM       
Quote:
I see airplane debris which Ranxer denied existed.

http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/imag...door_hatch.jpg
How far away are these? Where they there before the plane hit or moved in with the news crews and repair companies? This proves nothing.
first you say you see the debris then you sort of admit they arent plane parts, then say it proves nothing.. i'm not sure how much it matters if there are no airplane parts in that picture but you said you saw them. you don't seem to have your facts straight and lie and bluff like many of the "conspiracy debunking" websites.
I have seen other pics with plane parts but nothing that really seems to match flight 77 yet.

Quote:
nice how you link 9-11 questions to whackyness.

there's lots of unanswered questions about flight 77 but i'd just like to see them release the videos.

answer me this angpur: why won't they release the vids?!
there's one that was confiscated from a gas station across the street and the pentagon one from the toll station. at least they released some snapshots so if they do release a vid we can see if it matches the pics, but the snapshots don't show anything but reasons to ask more questions.
It seems that we won't know until some whistleblowers come forward and there's an honest investigation.

i like the summary of this debate at: http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/pentagontrap.html

oh yea and explain this:
Quote:
The testimony of Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta on May 23 about Cheney's actions is revealing. Mineta said he arrived at the Presidential Emergency Operating Center (PEOC) at 9:20 a.m. where he observed the Vice President taking charge:

Mineta: There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out.The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?"

And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And.

Hamilton: The flight you're referring to is the.

Mineta: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

After some discussion of whether Cheney's orders meant to shoot down the hijacked aircraft, it was clearly stated on the record that there were no such orders to do so, which raises the obvious question of what "the orders" were:

Hamilton: And so there was no specific order there to shoot that plane down.

Mineta: No, sir.

Hamilton: But there were military planes in the air in position to shoot down commercial aircraft.

Mineta: That's right. The planes had been scrambled, I believe, from Otis at that point.
i supose there's refutation that he said that, but if so, why wasn't it in the commission report?! [/quote][/code]
was never good
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:37 AM       
So what are you suggesting? That they tried to shoot down the flight and the missiles comically flew past and blew sideways in through the Pentagon, making the terrorists feel the mission was satisfactorily accomplished and henceforth flew the plane back to Saudi Arabia and buried all the passengers in a tar pit?

Ranxer, why would a missile have been shot at the Pentagon? Seriously.

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:17 PM        Alternatives.....
When a criminal investigation takes places there must be a search for suspects and a motive.

I am not oppossed to 9/11 conspiracy theories because I hate anti-establishment liberals and therefore seek to debase every argument they put forth. I'm oppossed to the 9/11 conspiracy theories because they simply dont make sense.

IF in fact 9/11 wasn't perpetrated by islamic fundamentalists, who did? If there was U.S. government involvement, would it not require a broad level of knowledge amongst a shitload of people to pull off?

Who are the suspects and what are the motives?

As Machiavelli once pointed out, the more people there are involved in a conspiracy, the more difficult it becomes to keep it under wraps. The scope of 9/11 crosses a dozen different agencies. I simply cannot accept the assumption that people within all of those agencies would be willing to cooperate to some degree with a plot to this magnitude without someone screwing the pooch.

You can poke holes in an agrument in any investigation, but it doesnt mean dick if you can't provide a viable alternative and I've seen none. Sure OJ's bloody glove was too small and Mark Furman's a racist. But if OJ didn't kill those people, who the fuck did?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 02:45 PM       
Well, there are some conspiracies that suggest the attacks could have been prevented but were not. We needed a "Pearl Harbor" type event for our Middle East reshaping plan.

Not that what happened at Pearl Harbor was necessarily treason to get the country riled up, but there is some evidence to suggest it.

http://boards.historychannel.com/for...?forumID=30073

As for missles into the Pentagon... I think those extreme theories that have no rationale behind them are pretty dang pointless.

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 04:26 PM        Yes
Where I come from they have a name for those kinds of conspiracies.

Incompetence.