Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:44 AM       
I lol'd @ "This game makes no fucking sense. I have no motivation."

Bobo is right, there's nothing wrong with using the same characters over if it makes a good game. Majora's Mask wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but it was damn original, and the plot would only work in Zelda's world. Other times when the plot is a little too close to the original 3, there's usually something a great deal different and something original, along with improved graphics, gameplay and new characters, situations and dungeons to keep the game interesting.

And Miyamoto isn't overrated.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:53 AM       
I don't know what everyone is bitching about. I always have fun playing a new Zelda game. I thought you play to have fun. Zelda isn't about making a story for everyone to be in awe of. It is about gameplay and good ol' Zelda action. The dungeons in Wind Waker weren't up to the usual standard but the game was a great experience and definately a breath of fresh air.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
And Miyamoto isn't overrated.
All the video game mags and all video gamers are all over his games because of his past works. Some of his games are good, but some aren't. The problem is alot of people think all of his games are good. I think he is overrated.
Arts & Farts
Old May 13th, 2003, 02:24 PM       
There are none that come to mind that have been bad, but I think he deserves credit for both creating so many of the classics we love, sticking to his guns, overseeing every game and making sure that it's as good as it can be. Miyamoto didn't even have much to do with Pokémon, and he had nothing to do with it's creation. As far as I'm concerned, every one of his big name games so far have been just as good as anything else on the market, and sometimes better. The only game in recent years that hasn't shined so brightly for me, was Pikmin.

Still, we all have different tastes.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:10 PM       
Fuck Pokemon. If anything is overrated, it is Pokemon and all of its entities.

Arts & Farts
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:44 PM       
Meh, the original game was pretty good, but it's popularity was it's downfall.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 13th, 2003, 05:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Waste
And it's not like Nintendo's lack of creativity is even close to being as bad as Square and the Final Fantasy series.
Sounds like you need to actually play a couple FF games.

And frankly, I really don't have much motivation to play a game without a solid story. If there is no depth, what do I get? Pretty stars? Heart containers? Whoopty-shit. I want to go through an experience when I play an adventure game, otherwise it's not an adventure.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 05:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
All the video game mags and all video gamers are all over his games because of his past works. Some of his games are good, but some aren't. The problem is alot of people think all of his games are good. I think he is overrated.
Um, heard of a little game called Ocarina of Time? Miyamoto is consistent.

I'm not going to praise him more than he deserves. I thought Majora's Mask wasn't worth the price of a new game, and there's probably more games of his making that weren't all that for me. When he announced that the Wind Waker would be cel-shaded instead of the highly detailed 3D of which video material had been shown online, I thought he'd gone insane like everyone else. But Miyamoto has balls and he has a heart for games and gamers. That's why, even though the Wind Waker can't beat Ocarina of Time for epicness (is that a word?), it's still a great game.

The reason why the basic legend of Zelda keeps working is because it's just a very basic version of most existing legends. Hero, villain, princess and world in need of saving.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 13th, 2003, 05:34 PM       
Personally, I don't NEED a good story to enjoy an adventure game, but it sure as hell helps. Playing a zelda game on a new system without a good story sounds very disappointing to me. I loved ocarina of time and part of why is cause of the good story and how it develops. Shit, even majora's mask had a decent one and it helped it even though the game itself was a bit of a let down (I still really liked it, mind you. I just don't think it's the worst one ever like some people).

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 13th, 2003, 05:36 PM       
Miyamoto had little to do with Majora's Mask, if any involvement at all. And also, the look of the cel-shaded Zelda game was looking a lot different when it was first shown. So yes, he was crazy. But he listened to the complaints, and refined the look to be a little less gay.

Looks good now. Did not then.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Um, heard of a little game called Ocarina of Time? Miyamoto is consistent.
I said some are good, and some aren't. I loved Ocarina of Time, but I didn't like all of the FF series or Pikmin. It is only a few games that I don't like, but everyone has their own word.
Arts & Farts
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:39 AM       
.... the FF series? He had nothing to do with those.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:35 AM       
it's ok, you just have to realize that crunch is an idiot.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:22 PM       
Well Wind Waker does have a classic story and there are some very cool parts. If you want to relive Zelda magic, then play it. It's not like LttP had a mind blowing story but it kicked major ass. If you're not a fan of Zelda, then stray away.

Ocarina of Time was pure gold. Majora's Mask was also a fun game but not quite OoT standards. I liked all the trippy effects though and it was worth the purchase.

Miyamoto is still a gaming god. He should be fucking respected, he still holds on to what gaming used to be and is bringing that into the new era. I applaud him for that. His games are still fun