Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM       
I said they were overrated, because they were easy. I think the games aren't as as good as people said. THPS was hard at times, but if you beat the game with one person, it beats it with everyone. It took me a few trys, but I can beat anyone at THPS games. Well, what you said about GTA is true, some missons are hard, and some are easy. I didn't really like it, but people have their own opinions, and I think it is overrated.

And James, they are goddamn games. You are supposed to play them in your spare time, and for joy. You like some, and you don't like some. I think you should be able to express your opinions about them without someone flipping out over 'em.

SWITCH.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 01:20 PM       
Quote:
The first gta was a blast multiplayer.
Never got to play the original GTA multiplayer. I just remember playing hours and hours of the demo when it came out (with the fucking timer) cause it was new and fresh. Good times. I'm glad the motorcycle made a return in VC.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 02:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
THPS was hard at times, but if you beat the game with one person, it beats it with everyone.
That was the best move they ever did. It reduces the repitition, by not forcing you to play through 20+ goddam times like THPS3 did. You clear it with one person, and all the main objectives are complete. But there are still skater-specific challenges which can be incredibly hard in some cases. Frankly, I'm glad I didn't have to chase that fucking rat more than once, and such.

And there's also finding all the gaps and cash icons on your own. Not even I could do that. I needed help with at least 10 gaps.

Quote:
And James, they are goddamn games. You are supposed to play them in your spare time, and for joy. You like some, and you don't like some. I think you should be able to express your opinions about them without someone flipping out over 'em.
Couldn't agree with you more. I just feel that opinions on a game should be a little more thought-out than something that sounds like a person didn't even play the game. Saying Vice City and THPS4 are easy is kind of unfair, because you and I both know they're not as simple as you make them out to be. Out of curiosity, what games do you feel provide a worthy challenge for you, if those are too simple for your tastes? And remember, there's a difference between difficulty and shitty fucked up gameplay and/or cheap enemies (CastleVania, I'm looking in your direction).

Now you're saying games should be played in their spare time, and claim you beat VC 100% in a single day or two? Make up your mind man. No way VC could be beaten in your spare time in a couple days. It took me a couple months of familiarizing myself with the areas I'd unlock, completing all the missions, and so on. And that was in my spare time (which I have all too much of).
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:33 AM       
REASONS WHY I THINK METROID PRIME IS OVER RATED

1: ALL YOU FAGS KEEP YELLING ABOJUT HOW GREAT IT IS

2: THE CONTROL SCHEME SUCKED

3: IT WAS BORING

-willie
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 10:20 AM       
You suck
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 10:24 AM       
LOL

-willie

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 10:55 AM       
I played Metroid Prime at a demo booth at circuit city and hated the fuck out of it.

But then again, I didn't like any of the other Metroids either.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 11:24 AM       
Metroid Prime is good. Not as good as Super Metroid but the game still kicks ass. It isn't overrated. Retro Studios did a great job.

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 11:42 AM       
I'm sure this has been said before, and I'm sure I'm going to get nailed for saying this, but the Resident Evil series is really over rated. In my opinion, the only good one was Code Veronica for the DC. The rest sucked.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 12:49 PM       
I haven't played RE:CV for DC, but every other RE game I've played I've hated. Dino Crisis too. Do they still have that awful control scheme?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
The pivot-and-step (as I call it) controls are always horrid, and that's no different in the RE games (until RE4 and Outbreak, I believe).

But controls aside, the series has a lot to it... I think. I can't play them because I'm a sissy. But I love the story, and I love all the little files you can find in each game.

And the girl who played Rebecca in the original RE is cute.

But yeah, the games, as a whole, aren't boneriffic. But when taken as face value - B-Movie style acting, story, and events - they're enjoyable from a storyline perspective.

I think Dragon Warrior (at least the early ones) are overrated. They're boring, with very little story to drive it. And a enemies toward to end are cheap (not difficult). Fucking homos in DW2 used instant-death spells that had a very good chance of killing at least 1 person. And then they can do it twice in a row, in case you weren't pissed already. Fucking hate that series, but so many people hold it as high as Final Fantasy.

I hope Square phases Enix out, along with all their shitty games.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 02:52 PM       
RE: CV is really no different from the others...infact I have no idea why I like it so much more then all the others .

Yeah, Dino Crisis sucked really bad. Too many fucking puzzels and the plot isn't that great either.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
And there's also finding all the gaps and cash icons on your own. Not even I could do that. I needed help with at least 10 gaps.
I beat the gist of THPS4 in a day or two. I didn't get all of the gaps, but I worked on it. I returned it, and got my money back to buy a new game. I fly by all of the THPS games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Now you're saying games should be played in their spare time, and claim you beat VC 100% in a single day or two?
GTA: Vice City was hard, yes. I didn't beat it in a day or two. I stated that it was easy, because if you played 3, you already know what some of the missions are. I was referring to GTA: 3 when I said I 100% the game. I really know that game, and it took me a while to figure out some stuff, but since Vice City was built on the same engine and stuff, I thought it was easy, and I beat it in about a week.

Some games that I thought were hard were, any Zelda game, Super Mario 64, Castlevania series, Metal Gear Solid, and Super Mario RPG. I think that the FF series are hard too. Mostly RPGs are the ones I play for a while. Seriously though, Mario 64 took me 3 years to get all 120 stars.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:05 PM       
Do you have an OFF button?
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 04:05 PM       
I never played any dargon warrior beyond the first one. And for the time period it was pretty fucking good, sure it might seem to suck by todays standards but it was fucking awesome, Finalfantasy was better but still both great games at the time. In fact I perfer them to most rpgs today due to a more simplistic story and less cinematics bullshit. But then again I am not an rpg fanatic like most of you other guys are and I perfer to play a game then watch it.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 04:31 PM       
I like the Dragon Warrior/Quest series. Part III and IV were great on the NES.

Cap'n, you really need to play some games with a challenge if you think those that you listed are hard.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:31 PM       
There's an important fundraiser in General Blabber for those of you that never leave this forum.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:36 PM       
I disagree about the RE series. The controls can be a bitch but other than that they're great. Discovering new notes/files and things and learning more about the back story while exploring zombie infested buildings makes for a creepy and fun game.

That was very funny. Well done.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 03:19 AM       
agreed. half the people who hate RE probably haven't played the series in years and wouldn't remember shit from a zombie.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:18 AM       
RE bows down to Eternal Darkness.

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:57 PM       
Yeah Eternal Darkness never got the recognition it desirved. :/
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
agreed. half the people who hate RE probably haven't played the series in years and wouldn't remember shit from a zombie.
Now hold up a sec. I have played and tried to enjoy all of the RE games. But none of them really scare me or are that entertaining. The only one I really liked was CV, and I have no idea why I liked it so much...
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:45 PM       
Maybe you just suck.

NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:54 PM       
Yes, I suck because I don't share your opinions. It makes so much sense now .
The Wolf
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 10:05 PM       
Agreed.