Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Mocker
Spooky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 04:07 AM        Tarantino does Jason
from creature-corner.com:

This sounds almost way to good to be true and yet it is being reported via a very respected outlet.

None other than Quentin Tarantino is supposedly about ready to sign on for the next Jason movie. I know, it sounds impossible but the info is coming from IGN Filmforce.

Here is the report:

The Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie Which Oscar-winner might direct? Seriously.

March 07, 2005 - IGN FilmForce has learned that none other than Oscar-winner Quentin Tarantino is in final negotiations to write and direct the Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie, an all new Friday The 13th for New Line.

While the rumor mill had long suggested that the next movie might be Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, that project never came together for a number of reasons.

Fans will instead be treated to the Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie. The project will be a co-venture between New Line and Paramount Pictures. It is expected to be a "quickie" that could get underway asearly as this year!

Quentin Tarantino’s in talks to direct the proposed Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie, which we all now know and which I’ve also been able to confirm through sources within New Line Cinema. But I’ve also learned that the proposed project(let’s call it The Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie because that actually sounds cool)has been in development, through key executives at New Line Cinema who are big fans of the franchise, "ever since the Ash deal fell through," Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash that is. New Line’s been working on making this happen ever since the Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash fell apart, and they kept it a secret. Cool.

I was told that this project has been a "long time coming," those exact words, as part of a "master plan" that’s in place. As for Quentin Tarantino’s "possible" involvement, and we all know what happened with him and the Halloween producers in terms of him taking over that franchise, I’ve been told that "nothing is certain on the QT front, but we should know soon." They said QT not Quentin. Guess these guys are pretty tight. If there’s one person who could resurrect Jason Voorhees, it’s Quentin Tarantino.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 05:35 AM       
See: "OMG! Better than FVJ 2!" by sports (who sucks).