Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:37 PM        DEMOCRATS FEEL BETRAYED BY KERRY
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0417/mondo1.php

Mondo Washington

by James Ridgeway

John Kerry Must Go

Note to Democrats: it's not too late to draft someone—anyone—else

April 27th, 2004 11:45 AM

Related Info:
Grilled to Order What we’d Like to ask when Bush and Cheney take the hot seat
Up, Up, Up With People They feel fine. 'Rapture ready' crowd predicts end of the world
Say What?

WASHINGTON, D.C.— With the air gushing out of John Kerry's balloon, it may be only a matter of time until political insiders in Washington face the dread reality that the junior senator from Massachusetts doesn't have what it takes to win and has got to go. As arrogant and out of it as the Democratic political establishment is, even these pols know the party's got to have someone to run against George Bush. They can't exactly expect the president to self-destruct into thin air.

With growing issues over his wealth (which makes fellow plutocrat Bush seem a charity case by comparison), the miasma over his medals and ribbons (or ribbons and medals), his uninspiring record in the Senate (yes war, no war), and wishy-washy efforts to mimic Bill Clinton's triangulation gimmickry (the protractor factor), Kerry sinks day by day. The pros all know that the candidate who starts each morning by having to explain himself is a goner.

What to do? Look for the Dem biggies, whoever they are these days, to sit down with the rich and arrogant presumptive nominee and try to persuade him to take a hike. Then they can return to business as usual—resurrecting John Edwards, who is still hanging around, or staging an open convention in Boston, or both.

If things proceed as they are, the dim-bulb Dem leaders are going to be very sorry they screwed Howard Dean.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:46 PM        Re: DEMOCRATS FEEL BETRAYED BY KERRY
Quote:
The pros all know that the candidate who starts each morning by having to explain himself is a goner.
Which is precisely why Kerry needs to shut his mouth, and take the stance our president has taken. Don't do interviews, set records for rarely meeting with the press, ignore questions about your failure to show up to the national guard, turn a deaf ear to questions on WMD which AREN'T THERE, etc. etc.....

He should send conduits out to speak for him, like Bush does with Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, and Powell. You'd think those four were hired NBC staff, they've been on Meet the Press so often.

Kerry's biggest problem is that he believes fools like this who say his numbers are "dropping every day." Bill Clinton was behind Bush I in the double digits at this point. We have a looong way to go, but chicken little scare tactics can be useful for the Right, particularly when they're scared.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM       
I have to admit, I'm somewhat disapointed by Kerry. He's hardly my ideal candidate. I wish he were different. But Good Sweet Lord, I certainly like him so much better than the other guy! I mean it's like Kerry is a kind of dry Orange. I like Oranges, but this one isn't as tasty as I hoped it would be. On the other hand, my other choice is eating a cement mixer full of sewage. That makes me kind of enthusiastic about the dry orange.

I'm guessing it's the sort of the same with true conservatives, who know that Bush is a power hungry mediocre leader who doesn't have the wherewithal to know the country is being run by his advisors, none of whom give a crap about the actul concervative agenda beyond the votes it gets them and want nothing more than to rule the world.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 10:41 AM       
It's like the Justice League having only Guy Gardener or Kyle Rayner as the choices when deciding which Green Lantern they want on the team. Both of them suck. The choosing is an exercise in determining which one sucks less.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 11:24 AM       
Okay, so are you more of a geek for making tht analogy or am I more of a geek for following it.

I actually think the choice is more like the Justice Leage having to pick having to pick having Kyle Rayner or a dumptruck full of raw sewage as their Green Lantern.