Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM        "The Big Game"
I'm sorry, I just go fucking insane when I hear that on commercials.

"Stock up for The Big Game!"

"We've got everything you need for The Big Game!"

If it were a perfect world they'd be talking about the NHL All-Star game, but I think everyone in the US (and possibly a large number of people on the planet) know that The Big Game is the Super Bowl.

It's the Super Bowl. Everyone knows it's the Super Bowl. How fucked is our litigation situation when people are afraid to say "Super Bowl"?

I had a professor who came here from Nigeria when she was just starting to teach. People would skip her Monday lectures and tell her it was because of "Soopabowl", or at least that's what she heard. She was more innocent than most, no TV, and she thought it was a charming winter American holiday, sort of like Thanksgiving. We all get together and eat soup on Soopabowl Sunday.

Then she figured out it was a football game and god was she pissed off.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM       
stupid niger
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:29 PM       
I think I'd rather have the soup holiday actually.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I think I'd rather have the soup holiday actually.
America does need a soup holiday though
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM       
It's going to be big. It's like the Superbowl of Football!

Doesn't Campbells have a Souperboll?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM       
puppy bowl '09 woooo
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM       
I've always assumed that it's called "The Big Game" for copyright reasons.

Either way, I hate hearing it called that.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:53 AM       
I've watched every puppy bowl, but I'm sure you guessed that
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 04:34 AM       
They've started showing it over here too but as of yet no one has shown any signs of giving a shit. I don't think it's advertised either as it's on in the middle of the night.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:59 AM       
I think we should all go out of our way to at least consume some soup on that day. Nigeria represent :fist
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM       
hat the super bowl

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM       
Puppy Bowl is the best part.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM       
The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday.
When I was stationed overseas my shop actually gave half of us off the day of for the Super Bowl (14 hours ahead). Nothing beats getting drunk on a monday morning.