Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Davin, a little history about the way the world works: Just because the world says something, that doesnt make it right.
Wow, Vince. I agree completely.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM       
The Red Wings were in a play-off game so I watched just enough of W. to piss me off, then I watched just of enough of the (eventual) Red Wing loss to piss me off and then I went to bed ... PISSED OFF!

Side note: Why is everyone making such a big deal out of W. agreeing to send more troops like it's a new issue? The military leaders have been asking for additional troops for months. And from what I hear some (or most) of that "additional" support isn't so much coming from more units coming in as much as not redeploying some of those already over there on their original date. In effect, there won't be so many "new" units but those already present would be bulked up past what is a normal allocation for that particular type of unit as personnel that were supposed to be replacements arrive.

Wherever you go, there you are.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
1. W. isnt the president of the world (although he is the president of the "free world"), so their opinion doesn't mean all too much in the long run. Last time I checked, stupid little non-important countries weren't suffering from Muslim terrorist attacks.
Once again, the world is way too fucking small for this kind of viewpoint. When there are chemical weapons that can poison the air and water, cause birth defects hundreds of miles away; when there are nuclear (or nucular, if you'd prefer) weapons that could literally level some of these smaller countries; when international economies depend on eachother to such a minute detail; we can't just ignore a worldwide voice of reason. It doesn't fucking work.

Quote:
2. The last time the world came to an agreement about something, Nazi Germany was steamrolling through Europe and gathering up countries without a shot being fired. Appeasement worked out really well in that case
I'm sorry, a "pre-emptive" strike against a backwater dictator who can't even be bothered to make a martyr of himself when the going gets rough is a hell of a lot different than toppling a psychotic xenophobe bent on the wholesale slaughter of an entire race and the reclassification of an entire continent as "Germany."

Quote:
Davin, a little history about the way the world works: Just because the world says something, that doesnt make it right. By the statement you made, it would seem that you would support the state-sponsored bukkake of teenage girls when they turn 18. After all, the wwwoorrllddd agreed to it!
Don't treat me like I'm some naive little boy who found daddy's computer. I've been living in this world and paying attention since the first time I watched Saddam's face on the TV screen, next to live footage of rockets over Kuwait.
I'm not saying that it's right because the world said it was right. I'm saying that it's right and the fucking planet told him so.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women