Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM       
Dude, you're copying Milhouse's ideas :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM       
No, I actually have been naming it Zappa the last three or four times I've played through Earthbound

We came up with it independently, which is because it's that good
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
The humor is definitely very similar to Earthbound. I liked the "NO ZOMBIES!!!" part of the cemetery sign.

The Wolf
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 12:06 AM       
Oh man, I love this game

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 12:09 AM       
I'm surprised by some of the more American puns used. It's probably just the translators taking artistic license/localizing, but still pretty neat.

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 02:39 AM       
At the end of Chapter 2 now. Don't spoil anything in this thread plz guys, I've already read way too much about the story

Very very very good game, but thank the Lord in Heaven I have a speed key. It's not the walking/dashing or anything, there are just some times where I don't want to go through a bunch of text.

My friend kept up with the project a few years ago and later forgot about it. When I told him about it, I helped him set it up and about twenty minutes later after I'd left he sent me a text message saying he cried

Anyone else getting that fan-made guide? I totally am.
has a woody
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 03:55 AM       
Fan-Made guide as in walkthrough? No, probably not. I'm already near the end of Chapter 7. I wanna do this myself. I'm even playing this without save states :V

But man, I keep winning the boss fights by the skin of my teeth. One fight had all three party members' HP meters clocking down to zero, so I just kept spamming 1 hit combos hoping to beat the tickers.

I did, but then the next boss narrowed my party down to just Lucas. He died, but I forgot he had a special auto-revive item, so he came back to life, got a single SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH! and won, back from the grave. It was awesome, but now I don't have that item for later

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 03:57 AM       
are you guys using the fan translation of this or is there an english one out already?
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 04:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Fan-Made guide as in walkthrough?
nooooo

http://handbook.fangamer.com/
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 08:55 AM       
I'm glad I can fit "Lasagna" as my favourite food.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM       
I preordered the handbook a few days ago. I want my franklin badge keychain, damnit!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
I haven't had time to play this yet

It sounds awesome though. I can't imagine it being better than Earthbound but I hope it's damn close.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 02:24 PM       
It's as good, but I wouldn't say better.
The Wolf
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM       
I think it'd be hard for anything to be better than earthbound. It's reeeeeally good though.

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
What he said.
The Wolf
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
Come on guuuuuys. I keep pausing my game to come and discuss it so that it lasts longer, but no one discusses it . The dance in front of the whistling wall is pretty funny.

has a woody
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 04:56 PM       
I can't discuss it. I'm so far that I'll just ruin it for everyone

Oh, and with regards to if it's better than Earthbound, I do not care for that game, since the combat is pretty bland and it's hard to figure what to do in a lot of spots. Mother 3 at least keeps my attention with the rhythm combat, and it's always pretty easy to figure out where to go, save for a few spots here and there. I'm probably in the minority, though.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM       
Quote:
The humor is definitely very similar to Earthbound. I liked the "NO ZOMBIES!!!" part of the cemetery sign.
I loved this too :D

I'm sorta missing the horrifying and completely fucked up undertones of Earthbound and EB Zero at this point, but I'm only at the second chapter right now so they might still be there later.
has a woody
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM       
I don't think anything is the game is more fucked up than the scene where Lucas learns PSI attacks :O

Well, maybe the mushroom island.

Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM       
There's a secret boss at the very beginning of Chapter 5 that I highly recommend fighting.

Spoilers!
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
There's a secret boss at the very beginning of Chapter 5 that I highly recommend fighting.

Spoilers!
Missed it....

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
The Wolf
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 07:00 PM       
Just started chapter 4. I lold when the guy got in shit for sexual harassment.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM       
i got the pigmask theme song stuck in my head really bad now lol and for some reason i didn't figure out how to properly use the hotsprings until i was at chapter 5 or 6, man did i ever die a lot
The Wolf
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM       
Uhh... Did I just get raped in a hot spring by a tranny?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
magypsies can't get it up unless they're raping a drowning boy, i guess