Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hot Kukuro is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM        Old posts?
I didn't see if you've already answered this, but it states in rules that you shouldn't (and probably can't) post for old features, articles, etc.

Seriously, the main reason I registered was cuz the heading said posts old and new, and for the first time in years, I read an article that kinda got me heated and was looking forward to ranting about contradiction.

I also notice every thread seems to start with a generated comment to jump-start the discussion on the subject, so I felt discouraged from just starting a post with the name of the submission - is it ok to do so or am I correct in my assumption that no front page = no more words on the issue?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM       
the article posts are largely exempt from the "don't reply to old posts" rule
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM       
Yeah, if it's in the articles forum, you can reply to anything in there, no matter how old. I encourage it, because it sometimes introduces other people to an old article they never even knew about.

So that definitely doesn't count as thread-bumping. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Post away and welcome to the forums
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 06:02 PM       
yo'kay... thanks for that.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM       
hrm... so I spent like the last 10 mins. typing up my little rant on such and such an article, only to find a message stating i can't start a new topic in the Article Discussion forum. Wtf's up with that?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:06 AM       
you have to reply to an existing article thread if you want to rant about it
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:25 AM       
You could start a thread in General Blabber or Gaming or any of the others.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM       
Correct. The article topics forum doesn't allow you to start new threads, so you'd need to start it up on General Blabber or something else if it's not a topic that already exists in the article topics forum.
OH GOD
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM       
BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM       
I want to see this rant.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 02:31 AM       
hm... i know a lot are old and all, but I still kinda feel slighted clicking a link urging me to "discuss this in our forums!" or "view photoshop submissions here!" only to meet with the dreaded message claiming it doesn't exist. Frankly, I'd probably feel like a chooch now if I decided to post a far overdue rant or comment/s on something of which the novelty has worn off for pretty much everyone else. For all I know, this crap coulda already been addressed months, even years ago.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 04:03 AM       
How 'bout you tell us what article it's in response to for starters, then I can tell you if there is/was a thread for it somewhere. We revamped the site a few years ago so all new articles would automatically generate discussion threads, but there are lots of old articles that don't have them so they were usually manually created in another forum back in the day.
OH GOD
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 04:09 AM       
largely off topic but the word "chooch" to me sounds like someone trying to be racist against anthropomorphic trains
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM       
Can we make fun of people in the questions and suggestions or is that only ok in the other parts of the forums?
OH GOD
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:16 PM       
i think they get like 3 or so questions before you can make fun unless the question is REALLY dumb
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM       
Don't tangle my fishing line
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
largely off topic but the word "chooch" to me sounds like someone trying to be racist against anthropomorphic trains
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
lol no, not even close.

But anyway, it's the Hooray for Napster! article in particular, along with a few random others I woulda liked to comment on/have fun with.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM       
Man I can't wait for this seething, no-holds-barred rant of yours

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM       
[quote=GRISLYGUS]
DEAR I-MOCKERY:
I OBJECT TO YOUR CONSTANT INSISTANCE THAT YOU HAVE A PICKLE HAT. IT IS QUITE OBVIOUSLY GREEN PAPER AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO "REPRESENT" A "PICKLE". MAYBE I'M LOOKING AT IT WRONG. BUT I'M NOT. FOR ALL I NOW, IT ISN'T EVEN PAPER. BUT IT DEFINITELY ISN'T A PICKLE. IT DOES NOT VOER THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD, SO I DON'T PERSONALLY DEFINE IT AS A "HAT". IT IS A HEADGEAR. I AM NOT PLEASED. I FEEL THAT HONESTY IS IMPORTANT. YOU SHOULD HAVE A BASEBALL CAP. WITH A PICKLE ON IT. THAT WOULD BE A PICKLE HAT. SHAME ON YOU.

SINCERELY, GRISLY GUS

PS. I HOPE THAT YOU DON'T THINK I'M BEING PRESUMPTUOUS. I VALUE TRUTH IN MEDIA.[\QUOTE]
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Man I can't wait for this seething, no-holds-barred rant of yours

wtf is it with the impatience? That's like the second time someone's rubbed their palms together expecting a written equivalent of a Springer brawl in an article and response.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM       
Was that a prelude to the rant?

This is gonna be great, guys

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:58 PM       
Oh man, we're in store for one hell of a rant.

It's gonna be all like
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 05:43 PM       
GREAT GOOD JOB CHASING OFF ANOtHER NEW POSTER

KERLS

HAHA THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SWAY JERKS
*say
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 08:28 PM       
chasing off new posters, my ass. that Ex leper guy seems to be taking shit rather well, as is Samfocusgroup. pretty soon THEY'LL be dishing it back, NO EXCUSES