Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 04:36 AM        The Adventures Of Pete & Pete "Halloweenie" Halloween Episode!
Automatically generated comment thread for The Adventures Of Pete & Pete "Halloweenie" Halloween Episode!.
DarkfireTaimatsu is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 05:42 AM       
Still, being one house shy of the record is nothing to sneeze at either. (Though I always measured Hallowe'en success by weight. Personal best: 14 pounds.)

I've never seen this show, but I will probably read the Wikipedia page on it now.
Forum Virgin
goblyn is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM       
Aw, I frickin' loved Pete and Pete, it totally cemented my love of Michelle Trachtenberg (though she's so far removed from Nona now that its scary, but I can still hope she'll go back to her weird roots).

I loved this episode too, seeing this really makes me wish I could go back in time and watch all the Nick halloween specials from this time period...oh well.

Are Pete and Pete episodes on DVD yet?
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM       
The Adventures of Pete & Pete was the greatest show airing in Nickelodeon at its time. Hands down. I remember watching those episodes and I could experience a wide array of emotions from anxiety to an overdose of hilarity. These days, however, everytime I watch those episodes I find myself extremely nostalgic, as they manage to have some meaning even now.
Forum Virgin
Kissarmy4life is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM       
Oh god i miss this show. One of the greats. Hopefully they show it on Nick on Halloween.
Forum Virgin
puppetgeneral39 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 11:45 AM       
Endless Mike, Open Face, Pit Stain...

Why didn't the bullies at my school have sweet names?
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 12:05 PM       
I got it on my "online move" que(no free advertising from me) and just bumped it up a few notches. I remember when they stopped running the show but the kept airing the short with big Pete cutting the grass on the highway all the time. Used to make me so mad.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM       
I wasn't allowed to watch in Living Color, but Pete & Pete is is my top 3 greatest shows of ALL TIME! This is by far favorite episode after "Nightcrawlers". I'm happy that you took one of my suggestions for your site. Thanks again!
Admiral of the Undead
Thanos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM       
Pete and Pete shines as perhaps one of the finest programs ever produced for television. The episodes were often times simple, but that was probably their greatest appeal. No matter which episode you watch, you're bound to walk away with a notion of something eternal and thought-provoking.

Gosh I miss it.
Member OfThe Pigmask Army
SGFAZ1 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 06:56 PM       
Wow, Endless Mike sounds like an asshole. The only thing that would make this funnier is if Nick Castle was in it. Maybe give the Pete Bros. candy while in the kitchen, chopping a carrot with a butcher knife.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 08:11 PM       
This was probably my favorite episode. I still need to get the DVDs, though. :C
Forum Virgin
nirvana_infinity is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 09:56 PM       
I have the first two seasons on DVD, but never released the third, which upsets me. The final season had the episode "Saturday" which I loved and haven't seen in years. There are a lot of Nickelodeon shows that I wish they would put out on DVD (SALUTE YOUR SHORTS, where are you???) but they do not seem to hear my pleas. Anyway, "Halloweenies" was a great episode, and I'm glad to see it made it here on the site.
Movie Enthusiast
MrWarranty is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:11 PM       
Rog, Rog, Rog... First, Little Pete's tattoo is clearly on his right forearm, in the picture you posted yourself! Second, he and Nona have not "always been best friends"! He only met her in Season 2, after Artie left the show. /nitpick. That said, great write-up and I'm glad to see Pete & Pete getting its due. I only wish you'd do more horror movie moments! You used to churn them out several times a week during this time of year! What gives? (Been reading the site for about 6 years now.)
Last of the Time Lords
Doctor_Who is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM       
Pete and Pete is quite simply the greatest thing Nickelodeon has ever produced. It even tops Invader Zim, and I would never make that claim lightly.
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM       
nirvana_infinity: Yep. Saturday is indeed one of the greatest episodes and, if memory serves me right, that's supposed to be the last one of the entire series. J.K. Simmons appearance as the stoic barber Dan is awesome. I have that episode recorded on VHS along with Pinned! (the one where older Pete enrolls in the wrestling team of his school in order the get the mighty W on his jacket). Hell knows where I have that videotape.

By the way, now that we are talking about Saturday, if someone can tell me which is the name of the song that plays during the ending credits I will really appreciate it, since that song is not one of the twelve that are in the Polaris album.
An Arizona Horror Company
Desert_Screams is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 10:43 PM       
Nicely done!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 12:39 AM       
Thanks for the comments all... glad to see you guys love the show and miss it just as much as I do. It really was unique and absolutely brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblyn View Post
Are Pete and Pete episodes on DVD yet?
Yep, as stated at the end of the article, the first two seasons of the show are on DVD. Still hope season 3 comes out sometime, just not counting on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Leper View Post
I wasn't allowed to watch in Living Color, but Pete & Pete is is my top 3 greatest shows of ALL TIME! This is by far favorite episode after "Nightcrawlers". I'm happy that you took one of my suggestions for your site. Thanks again!
Absolutely, I love the show and had it on DVD and was meaning to cover this episode for years, so I'm glad I finally had time to do so! I also always liked the episodes "Field of Pete" (what with the Orange Lazarus) and, of course, "When Petes Collide" (Artie vs. Bowling Ball is something I never forgot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarranty View Post
That said, great write-up and I'm glad to see Pete & Pete getting its due. I only wish you'd do more horror movie moments! You used to churn them out several times a week during this time of year! What gives? (Been reading the site for about 6 years now.)
Glad you enjoyed the write-up and thanks for sticking with the site for six years or so. As for horror movie moments, while this isn't really the place to be asking about them, the simple fact is that I'm way busier these days and there's less help at the moment. First off, I wasn't the only one "churning them out several times a week" as you said, the other writers did them too when I was working on larger pieces. Max Burbank has been absent the past two months, and Protoclown has been all but gone as well. That leaves just me and Dr. Boogie to write most of the articles on the site this season, so I've been busy working on larger pieces like this rather than the smaller Greatest Horror Moments articles to give everybody the most bang for their Halloween buck. I also have a new show, Doc Mock's Movie Mausoleum, that airs live every Friday night and we've been doing Halloween episodes all month long, so that eats up plenty of my time each week as well.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 04:57 AM       
Let's not kid ourselves here Pete & Pete is the ONLY good live action show nick ever produced. Don't believe me? Go back and watch ANY of the others now that you are an adult and see if you can enjoy them. Before you metion You Can't Do That on Television, understand that it unfortunately doesn't hold up either and regardless was a canadian program that nick simply aired.

That being said Pete & Pete is possibly the greatest television show ever produced. The actors were simply left to their own devices, allowed to create their own characters... something that is noticably absent with current children's television. More importantly the writers seemed to inheriantly know what things are awesome to kids, and even more impressively which things are still considered awesome by those kids when they become adults. That is probably the reason we all love it as this site is dedicated to childish things we find so awesome that we won't give them up due to age.

I particularly liked the halloween episode myself. I remember nodding in agreement to their "lectures" in that one as I still do to this day. At the time I was one of those kids getting a little to old to trick or treat, but this episode convinced me to go and I continued to go well into adulthood until my halloween prop building replaced my urge to trick or treat.

My favorite episode was the summer one about Mr. Tastie though.
You'll thank me later...
Wyldflame is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 07:36 AM       
I am not here to argue the merits or faults of old Nick programming...we're not going to get into that...

What I will do however, is say thanks for giving Pete & Pete it's due proper.
I'm going to have to re-watch seasons 1 and 2 now.
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 11:35 AM       
Now that you, guys, are talking about which show was the best and all, I have to say that I also liked A LOT Legends of the Hidden Temple. There was something about that giant rock Olmec and, to date, I want to get a Blue Barracudas shirt so bad that I think I'll buy one of those replicas they sell on some websites.
Ninja Meatloaf Fox
Aura Fox is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 05:15 PM       
I have to pick that DVD up, Pete&pete (my personal favorite episode being the episode where they kill the squid)never got old.
Movie Enthusiast
MrWarranty is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 02:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Glad you enjoyed the write-up and thanks for sticking with the site for six years or so. As for horror movie moments, while this isn't really the place to be asking about them, the simple fact is that I'm way busier these days and there's less help at the moment. First off, I wasn't the only one "churning them out several times a week" as you said, the other writers did them too when I was working on larger pieces. Max Burbank has been absent the past two months, and Protoclown has been all but gone as well. That leaves just me and Dr. Boogie to write most of the articles on the site this season, so I've been busy working on larger pieces like this rather than the smaller Greatest Horror Moments articles to give everybody the most bang for their Halloween buck. I also have a new show, Doc Mock's Movie Mausoleum, that airs live every Friday night and we've been doing Halloween episodes all month long, so that eats up plenty of my time each week as well.
Your ridiculous amounts of success and fame will be the death of us all! I'm happy for you, but I do miss the old days a little bit. (-: You with your online tv show...
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 07:59 PM       
HEY SANDY!

I loved watching this show when I was young. It's the best.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 04:03 AM       
I really loved Pete & Pete. I never saw all episodes I guess, not even sure they all aired in germany, but it was a great show nonetheless
Forum Virgin
mbkerr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM       
Man, forget all this sugary crap teen shows that infests Nickelodeon today (Zoey 101), Nick of the 90s was the best time for the channel, and Pete & Pete were responsible for it. Now if they would just release the last DVD set to have a complete set.

And while they're at it, how about a Rocko's Modern Life Complete Series DVD? Quit spending $60 million on Ninja Turtles, Nick, and get us some wallaby action!