Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 11:52 PM        Help with Anti - Drug PDA
Thanks to youtube I've been able to relieve these fucked up and creepy ads, and by far the most traumatizing are the ones from canada.

However, I remember one where a little girl was in her room, and at the end of it a bunch of water rushed into the room and she drowned. I'm recontructing this from a ten year old meme in my subconscious but surely someone else remembers this and what the ad was for.

PS - I take back what I first said, theres an anti coke commercial from NZ where a guy goes into a washroom, takes out a chunk of his brain and chops it up into lines and fucking snorts it. Holy Shit, Pub, whats the fucks going on down in your end?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 02:13 AM       
ten year old meme in your subconscious? what is the meme? People would probably remember the meme, if it's a meme :O
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM       
Yeah, we have the best PSA's here in Canada. Some of them can really mess with you.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM       
I remember that commercial. It was like Jason's bedroom closet in Freddy vs. Jason with stuff floating around and the dead girl.

I didn't find it as disturbing as wierd.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM       
I still like the one where that kid is freaking out because the package of papers is talking to him. That and the Drunk Driving one where that cop gets slammed by a car when he pulls over a bunch of kids.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM       
I like to more recent pot related ones where the guy's dog calls him a loser.
LOL INTERNETS
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 04:39 AM       
Aside from the one where the guy snorts his brain (cause I just saw that one)
the creepiest ones were

1. The one about street drugs where the needle is drawing shit out of the ground. The music was fucking eeeeeerie.

2. Mr Yuck or Mr Bleah or whatever. When I was a little kid I would seriously shit a brick, especially during the fucked up intro with the weird music.

But yeah, I don't do needle drugs and I don't drink solvent so I guess those commercials worked.

both of these are on www.retrojunk.com

SERIOUSLY THOUGH what was the one with the drowning girl? Cause that one seemed pretty fucked and I really want to scratch that itch in my brain by watching it again.
LOL INTERNETS
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 05:03 AM       
Oh yeah I forgot the one on wearing a life vest, amazing grace plays while the camera does a rotating zoom of a boat, then two sad looking kids in the boat, and then a fucking face down corpse in the water next to the boat.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:46 PM       
linx plz?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 01:02 PM       
these "He doesnt have a criminal record because all he does is sit on his ass at home and smoke pot all dayso i'm going to take a risk of not smoking pot and go out to live my life to the extreme" kind of commericials.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM       
That girl drowning in her room ad doesn't feel ten years old, but I guess it was since I was in the 6th grade. Yeah, it was one of the first anti-smoking ads right after the government started forcing the tobacco companies to pay for them. They were pushing that smoking makes your brain think its drowning because you aren't getting enough oxygen or something.
This just in- there's no such thing as subconcious memories you can remember lmao
SUFFER is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:36 AM       
Actually the commecial about the girl drowning in her room was about "huffing" household chemicals
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:40 AM       
The new anti-marijuana ads are pretty funny. At least they're being honest, i guess. ;o
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM       
Even the dude's hallucinations tell him he's an idiot. Talking dogs are funny.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 06:45 PM       
they're funny cuz i'd surely rather be high on my couch than LIVING EXTREME ;<
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM       
The one that I remember the most from when I was a kid was one that would always play on CBC or something. It was about a guy visiting his brother in the hospital for OD'ing or something while "he ain't heavy...he's my brother" played

Edit: I just downloaded the song and told my friend to download it too and he instantly remembered it as "the song from that fucking commercial" before even listening to it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
The one that I remember the most from when I was a kid was one that would always play on CBC or something. It was about a guy visiting his brother in the hospital for OD'ing or something while "he ain't heavy...he's my brother" played

Edit: I just downloaded the song and told my friend to download it too and he instantly remembered it as "the song from that fucking commercial" before even listening to it.
Lol I remember that ad too. I also remember seeing this old one where these wires in the shape of a brain keep getting clipped off.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:10 PM       
hahaha yeah I remember that too. I think both of those, and a whole shitload more were followed by a logo that was just a lower case i. Concerned children's advertisers or something. Pretty much impossible not to recognize it if you're Canadian and watched a lot of tv in the 90s.

I almost forgot. The best new commercial for that kinda stuff is the only where there's some guys driving around with whatever they were drinking filling up their vehicles. The guy in the pickup has beer, the guy in the mercedes has martinis and some boring looking guy has wine. Funny.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:55 PM       
Fuck I see that commerical everytime I watch TV.

"DONT DRINK AND DRIVE. ITS THE LAW"