Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
Rock & Roll Racing is a lot of fun, and you'll be happy to know they're re-releasing it on the Gameboy Advance
Cool. If it's the same, I doubt I'll get it. It's so good as it is on the SNES.

Lost Vikings was badass. I love the ending. Olaf was a monster in Rock n' Roll Racing

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:54 PM       
Yeah I really want that game for the SNES, but can't seem to find it anywhere (Except eBay, and I'm not payin 20 bux for it)

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
World Cup on NES I suppose it's not that fun to play when your country sucks as bad at soccer as the US does (HA HA HA), but over here it's popular enough to make me love the game. It was really satisfying to beat and kick the fuck out of your opponents

I wish Tecmo had made more sports games. I mean, dodgeball isn't really a sport

Me and my brother were also the only people in the universe to enjoy Stonekeep (SHUT UP HELM SHUT UP ).

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington
Mystical ninja starring goemon ruled. I didn't ever beat it though
The last boss is really easy. I still loved fighting as a fuckin' robot. I even remember its name:

[center:76fd190631]IMPACT![/center:76fd190631]

Systemz is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:14 PM       
Firepower 2000 for SNES. It was 2p simultaneous Gradius-style, but one guy was a jeep and the other a chopper - they both had advantages and disadvantages, but the craziest thing was how incredibly insane the powerups were - instead o fjust collecting the obligatory floating powerup to crank up your machine gun or whatever, you had like 10 different weapons you could cycle through with L and R - shit like flamethrowers and lasers and this wierd boomerang thingy that would hit one thing, fry it, and multiply by 3 to the point where you could fill the screen with these insane boomerangs that would wipe shit out crazy fast. It was harder than beat hell, but it was so much fun since 2p simultaneous games for the SNES were mysteriously few and far between.

Also, while a lot of folks do play it, my vote is for Max Payne as probably the single coolest videogame ever made that didn't blow up into some massive CS insanity - if they had built in multiplayer, that game could have stopped the world from turning.

thenoor15 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:43 PM       
Not many people i know have played Lufia 2. That game kicked ass, it was so damn fun. It was in the shadows of all the Final fantasies on SNES, so its kinda sad that not many people got to experience it. they're making a sequel to it on GBA though, hopefully it wont suck, but i would rather they just put Lufia 2 on GBA. That would be awesome. I love the GBA, but it needs 2 more face buttons.

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:51 PM       
I was in PoliSci and I thought of another - Chrono Trigger. I seriously think it beat down on Earthbound like a jimmy hack, but it seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

JesusFishSticks is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Rock & Roll Racing is a lot of fun, and you'll be happy to know they're re-releasing it on the Gameboy Advance.
Sweet jesus! I 'm gonna have to buy some batteries for that thing.

Grim Fandango is just about the best computer game I've played, yet noone I know has even heard about it, so I give it out for peoples birthdays and shit.

But a real big one that gets no credit is SAMBA DE AMIGO

god I love that game....
I have not scored at parties so many times because of that damn game, but I've still had a good time.

JesusFishSticks is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemz
I was in PoliSci and I thought of another - Chrono Trigger. I seriously think it beat down on Earthbound like a jimmy hack, but it seems to have been lost in the shuffle.
man, I dunno what you're talking about. Well, actualy I do, but you shouldn't be talking like that. Those are my two favorite snes games, and making them fight each other will make me cry. They are both incredibly bad ass, but each for their different reasons. I have yet to play a better serious rpg than crono trigger, and I doubt that I ever will. Earthbound, however, has brought ore joy to me than anythign ever before and since.

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:27 PM       
Actually, I have to agree. Chrono is the superior of the FF series - hell, even the new ones. Earthbound was an assload of fun, too, but I think I am forever tainted by a certain friend who went as Ness to a costume party and nobody knew who he was supposed to be and he got laughed at all night. I was Batman - I took the safe route. I even put batsymbols on my car (a 1990 Tercel - represent the grey triangle of death)

Girrvusensu is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 12:32 AM        Here's a neo geo game most people nowadays don't know about.
Waku waku7, crazy fun shit.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 01:48 AM       
Chrono Trigger is EXTREMELY popular. Doesn't really belong in this thread. It's a great game of course.

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:30 AM       
Chrono was really popular - but maybe I just got out of RPGs so I lost contact. When I played it on emulator I nearly creamed my jeans - it brought it all back.
D3k is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 07:33 AM       
Kurushi on the PSX. A puzzle game where you had to mark squares then detonate them when a block rolled over it. The idea was to clear all the blocks before the fell off the edge of the platform or before you got crushed. Every block missed caused a row of the platform to fall away and every detonated black block also caused a row to fall. Hard as hell in the final stage, especially since the game wouldn't let you continue on the Final stage; you had to repeat the 8th.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 12:03 PM       
Quote:
Stonekeep
That game fucking sucked. And I even payed for it. Good god. Play some Eye Of The Beholder or Ultima Underworld to see the difference.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 12:33 PM       
Earthbound is the greatest fucking rpg of all time, along with ff3/ff6. I love both and they're different.

That was very funny. Well done.

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 08:58 PM       

This is what I was talking about. It's called Socket. Now I want a Sega Genesis

I can't get the FF6 battle music out of my head :/

Edit: What's wrong with the image thing?

Lynchie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 11:13 PM       
How about the arcade games, Alien Vs. Predator was a great game, much better than the SNES version.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 05:57 AM       
have you guys ever heard of a game called Sanitarium? it's about this guy who lost his memory, and gets teleported out of the Sanitarium he was in by some statue, just before it blew up, and he lands in this weird town with mutant children, and he has to stop this giant plant from changing the kids into plants too. then you end up in another sanitarium, and that's the farthest i've ever gotten. if you guys haven't heard of it, it belongs in this thread. great game, really creepy, and difficult. great graphics too. fortunately, you couldn't die. well, as far as I know.

Kunio is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 07:36 AM       
Incredible Crisis. No one played in on my zone. Or Bishi Bashi.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
have you guys ever heard of a game called Sanitarium? it's about this guy who lost his memory, and gets teleported out of the Sanitarium he was in by some statue, just before it blew up, and he lands in this weird town with mutant children, and he has to stop this giant plant from changing the kids into plants too. then you end up in another sanitarium, and that's the farthest i've ever gotten. if you guys haven't heard of it, it belongs in this thread. great game, really creepy, and difficult. great graphics too. fortunately, you couldn't die. well, as far as I know.
I was looking for that for a while and eventually just gave up. It looked pretty good though. I like fucked up games like that.

That was very funny. Well done.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 09:27 PM       
Yeah, Alien vs Predator the arcade game is pretty good.

Flashback and Out of this World are great games too.

Lynchie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 10:58 PM       
Sanitarium is one fucked up game, the first place you visit is being run by some huge plant thing, and all of the children are deformed. Plus, they killed all of their parents and put them in the school and then boarded it up. You also played a game of hide and seek against some kids, and one of them is dead, so you have to dig her up. It's one fucked game. Strange ending too. Has anyone played any games in the Fallout series? Those games are great. Supposedly the Punisher arcade game was great.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 12:50 AM       
Punisher is a good game. Now that I think about it, better than Alien vs Predator.

Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 03:54 AM       
Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the SNES. Now that rocked on so many levels....wish it had become a bigger hit.