Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM        E3
It's currently going on, what's everybody's favorite news so far?

So far the two new Mario Wii games, The new Metroid Wii game, and the zoom lens attachment for DSi are mine.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM       
That new splinter cell game looked cool

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM       
New Metroid looks totally fantastic (Adam Malkovich?! Woah, talk about paying attention to the lore! And the gameplay is amazing!), and the two Mario games are looking to be really, really fun. Glad to see Yoshi making a comeback in both games, along with New Mario's propeller and penguin suits! This is gonna be an awesome 12 months.

Oh! And Nintendo's announcement of Golden Sun 3 was a real surprise. Way to bring that franchise back from the dead.

Sony's conference was also amazing, but way too long. Uncharted 2 looks to be really exciting, and the PSP is finally getting actual games. The lineup for both systems is really big, so I definitely think Sony won E3 hands down.

Microsoft's show disappointed me. Natal looks interesting, but I hear there were developers inputting stuff during the closed-door demos, which makes me wonder how much that Milo kid was doing on his own. I think L4D2 is coming way too soon, but overall I guess it was an okay show.

Fantastic E3 this year.

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
That new splinter cell game looked cool
does anyone address how microsoft's insanely retarded 'party' function on xbox live is going to affect their awesome multi player which is now unplayable due to the fucking party funcion
Mocker
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM       
The four player mario game is going to rule if they do it the way the multilayer worked in the new super mario bros for ds. That multiplayer was so great and addicting.

And is this the first time since the snes that a mario game gets a sequel on the same generation of consoles?
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 05:58 PM       
Pretty much, unless you count Mario party.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM       
crackdown 2 are my favorie news right now and then zelda ds everything else meh :P

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
does anyone address how microsoft's insanely retarded 'party' function on xbox live is going to affect their awesome multi player which is now unplayable due to the fucking party funcion
ELABORATE. I like the party function.
The new Halo looks pretty cool; kind of like Halo meets CoD4.
The virtual reality ps3 was pretty neat, but I bet it's going to be expensive as hell.
Also, the guys presenting it were hilarious to watch and listen to; they were so awkward and stuttery.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM       
The new PS3 motion tracker thing actually looks great. It's just like what everyone though the Wiimote was going to do before they realised wii motion control basically just meant "SHAKE THE CONTROLLER FROM LEFT TO RIGHT TO DO SOMETHING!".

Also the PS3 is capable of half-decent graphics and physics which is a big bonus for tech-fags like me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/playstation-3/2185

----

The Microsoft Natal thing looks awesome for general UI interaction like in the video where they skip though DVD covers or use voice/face recognition (no more losing the TV remote!) but for games it looks rather shit (I know they're just example concepts, but the PS3 demo impressed me more simply because they were live demos not "hey look what someone might be able to do but probably wont"- type demos).
Mocker
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
ELABORATE. I like the party function.
The new Halo looks pretty cool; kind of like Halo meets CoD4.
The virtual reality ps3 was pretty neat, but I bet it's going to be expensive as hell.
Also, the guys presenting it were hilarious to watch and listen to; they were so awkward and stuttery.
Splinter cell multiplayer as many multiplayer games are only playable if the opposing team is unable to communicate with teammmates after death. splinter cell took it one step further and if you as a spy were talking to your buddy and you were close enough to a merc he would be able to hear you(also before snapping his neck you could whisper sweet nothings into his ear). The entire game relies on not knowing where the spies are hiding or where the mercs are currently located. The party function has killed this very unique mult player experience. The 'party' function has also made 'ghosting' basically an official part of all xbox live games resulting in games like Gears of war 2 being alot lesss fun and splinter cell multiplayer being unplayable. Like if you want a party system you really need to not have death cams, you can't have both or theres no reason to even play since half the dead oppoents are now telling their living teammates exactly whats happening. I wll never understand the appeal of talking to friends who are playing a different game or in a different lobby. I understand its usefulness for popping in to tell your buddy to join your room but the negative effects its had on multiplayer is not worth it. I thought I'd be happy to not hear morons on xbox live but now when i play its eitehr dead silent(everyone is in a party) and its feels like your not even playing online or people use the party system to cheat and ghost.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 11:58 AM       
The modern Warfare 2 gameplay was everything I was looking forward to, also caught a little bit of the MAG gameplay, which looks interesting
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM       
Hell yeah that Modern Warfare 2 looks fucking awesome!
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:14 PM       
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM       
Why the fuck is microsoft doing this whole 360/Facebook thing?
Why don't they just finally put in a goddamn web browser. They could even do some 'powered by internet explorer' bullshit, it'd make enough sense.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 05:03 PM       
Because Mac fags would claim they are trying to take over the world again.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 05:22 PM       
Im actually surprised about that one myself. And why the hell cant people with a PC connect to xbox live? Yeah it would only work with some games, but that would be sweet. There is a lot of things Microsoft COULD do but dont because they couldnt charge you out the ass for it. Dicks.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 05:24 PM       
I've only seen the James Cameron borathon about airbender. I think JC is a really good director but I don't ever want to hear his long drawn out speeches about something I don't care too much about. My roommate really wanted to watch it and about ten minutes into it my hand "slipped" and hit the remote.....Go Penguins!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Im actually surprised about that one myself. And why the hell cant people with a PC connect to xbox live? Yeah it would only work with some games, but that would be sweet. There is a lot of things Microsoft COULD do but dont because they couldnt charge you out the ass for it. Dicks.
I'm sure there is some legal bullshit about monopoly and what not. They are already charging you, they just aren't allowed to be better than the competition anymore.

THANK YOU LOYAL FANS OF THE MICROCHIP! YOU SURE MADE LIFE BETTER!
has a woody
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I've only seen the James Cameron borathon about airbender. I think JC is a really good director but I don't ever want to hear his long drawn out speeches about something I don't care too much about. My roommate really wanted to watch it and about ten minutes into it my hand "slipped" and hit the remote.....Go Penguins!
Seriously, he talked about that movie for 20 minutes. No pictures, no gameplay footage. Nothing. Just him on a giant stage talking about this story from a movie at a conference about videogames.

You didn't miss anything; after that, Ubisoft started showing trailers for "Tween Games 2.0" and started bragging about games like Imagine Babyz. As soon as I heard the audience clapping (WHY WERE THEY CLAPPING?) I went and did something else.

Worst conference ever.

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 01:29 PM       
I was actually supposed to go to E3 three years ago. Of course, two days before we would leave, I got appendicitis.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM       
i liked nintendo's conference but i wanted zelda nit just some picture from miyamoto and the classic we are on it.

Now i serioulsy think nintend is gong overboard with the peripherals serioulsy vitality sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm sure there is some legal bullshit about monopoly and what not. They are already charging you, they just aren't allowed to be better than the competition anymore.

THANK YOU LOYAL FANS OF THE MICROCHIP! YOU SURE MADE LIFE BETTER!
there was shadowrun where pc could play with 360

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i liked nintendo's conference but i wanted zelda
Actually, Miyamoto had a private roundtable where he showed off artwork for the upcoming Zelda. It was supposed to be a private showing, but then someone went and leaked it.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2...w01illue3r.jpg

He told IGN that there's a reason that Link isn't holding a sword in the picture, so now everyone's thinking the sword transformed into that girl or some shit. Either way, he's gonna show it next year, so we'll see what happens. It's built for the Wii from the ground up and is totally different from the other 3D Zeldas, so we'll see what they decide to do with the franchise.

Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 03:15 PM       
I can't wait for Other M. Team Ninja's developing it, so the combat's gonna be great, but at the same time, I hope they don't over-sexualize Samus. I mean, it is Team Ninja.

I'm also worried about the exploration. It's been a staple of the Metroid series, and it would seriously piss me off if they got rid of it.
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
It will be linear and her suite will have nipples. Sorry.
has a woody
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToShreds View Post
I can't wait for Other M. Team Ninja's developing it, so the combat's gonna be great, but at the same time, I hope they don't over-sexualize Samus. I mean, it is Team Ninja.

I'm also worried about the exploration. It's been a staple of the Metroid series, and it would seriously piss me off if they got rid of it.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...d=3174587&p=44

It's still made by Nintendo's R&D1, along with the co-creator of the franchise, who worked on Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Fusion, and Zero Mission. Basically, the original team wasn't familiar with making games in 3D, so they asked Team Ninja to help.

Also, Samus has always been oversexualized. If anything, she's wearing more clothes in this game.