Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:52 PM       
okay, what we need to do first is eliminate the health care business completely. No money from the government, no money from your employer, you have to pay when you go to the doctor. There would be no more health plans.

So when daddy gets in a car accident, and can't pay for the hospital, he dies. Then we privatize everything else. Mommy can't pay for her kids braces and school, so her kids go to the crappy private school and are idiots and get a crap job and then get hurt and die. Then mommy dies.

No more welfare, so all the crackbabies die and hopefully the labor in the back of the Geo Metro will make crack mommy die too.

In fact, once we privatize everything all the worthless people will just die off. Those of us who are worth half-a-damn will be able to afford all the necessities, because we won't be taxed anymore. So everyone will have to get their act together or be dead.

Oh yeah, old people will die too... obviously.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:06 PM       
Excellent plan. Only maybe not health care first. Start by taking away the things that aren't essential for survival, so people won't be completely unprepared right away. At least give them time to move to another country that is still a welfare state.

And the old people should either A) put enough money away for themselves in a private retirement fund, or B) be supported by their families. I'd be perfectly happy keeping my parents going (not that they'll need it, since my dad has been going with choice (A)), but it irritates me that one of the reasons I pay taxes is to keep millions of other random old folks alive.

Back to medical bills, they would also have to quit making everything cost so damn much. I mean, never mind how expensive that fancy machine is, it hardly costs a thousand dollars to run it for a minute and have some guy look at the results for a half hour.

Disclaimer, and remember this for all my future posts: I don't plan on trying to change anything nor expect anything to change the way I really would like it to, therefore I feel no reason to expand or defend any of my arguments. This is me conceding defeat - you don't need to tell me how I'm wrong. Thanks.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:23 PM       
You people can be so very fucking stupid.

You want to know something? Around 13,000 dollars per year on children in Washington, D.C.'s public schools. You can get into a decent private school for around 5,000.

Am I making my point, or did the Gov. of Illinois convince you that private schools are 50% worse than the public ones 'cause everything a rightwing thinktank says are lies.

About the retards. You know what? WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A RETARD'S EDUCATION. There is only so much a retard can use!!! My mother teaches retards algebra, and bitches about all. the. time. Education is not a right, it's a privelidge!

Moreover, a retard's parent could use a voucher to *gasp* HIRE A TUTOR. Sounds like our little retard just got his classes - not only that, but ones that he can use!!! Hooray for retard!!!

In short, ONE CASE DOES NOT JUSTIFY FEDERAL INTERVENTION. THESE THINGS HAPPEN. DEAL WITH IT. THE NEEDS OF THE MANY ARE GREATER THAN THE NEEDS OF THE STUPID.

Also, you have no idea about how vouchers would work if you think that poor kids = poor schools. We could easily give poor families that 5,000 dollars for a decent school while saving a ton of money.

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM       
NO. Forget about vouchers if the people's parents are too stupid to get a good enough job to pay for private schools, then their kids will be too stupid to deserve/afford a first-class education. Natural selection. Maybe sleeping with your head in a gas oven will clarify the situation for you.
Mocker
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:45 PM       
Ah, but that can kill the opportunity for the odd genius, and lowers the educated working base (which we need).

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:50 PM       
The odd genius would find a way to flourish, just like the duck-billed platypus and Carrot-top with the hot-chicas in the
1-800-c-a-l-l-a-t-t commercials.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:32 PM        wow
Quote:
About the retards. You know what? WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A RETARD'S EDUCATION. There is only so much a retard can use!!! My mother teaches retards algebra, and bitches about all. the. time. Education is not a right, it's a privelidge!

Moreover, a retard's parent could use a voucher to *gasp* HIRE A TUTOR. Sounds like our little retard just got his classes - not only that, but ones that he can use!!! Hooray for retard!!!
Perhaps your mother shold stop bitching and get off her lazy ass and find a better job. Maybe at a private school where she won't have to teach "retards". Or does that only apply to whiny liberal bastards? Or....is she just not good enough to get a better job?

Quote:
ONE CASE DOES NOT JUSTIFY FEDERAL INTERVENTION
One case? My district alone had 6 schools / 24 classes with an average of 19 students per class. Every district in the county had numbers in that range. Simply because they had classes for different levels so that these kids could "have classes they could use" and learn skills for the future.

Quote:
Also, you have no idea about how vouchers would work if you think that poor kids = poor schools. We could easily give poor families that 5,000 dollars for a decent school while saving a ton of money.
And what happens when tuition in better schools goes higher? Then the $5000.00 voucher won't cut it. Thus, richer kids in richer schools and poorer kids in poorer schools. HHmmmmmm looks like the same dynamic under a different system. And since there is no gaurantee of at least some form of standard education, it has the potential to be worse than the current system.

I have nothing against private schools, I just don't think it is the way to go across the board.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:27 PM       
Bennett, if you're serious about everything you're saying, you're my new best friend.
Mocker
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 07:57 AM        Re: wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibecrewangel
Perhaps your mother shold stop bitching and get off her lazy ass and find a better job. Maybe at a private school where she won't have to teach "retards". Or does that only apply to whiny liberal bastards? Or....is she just not good enough to get a better job?
No other job open, but I don't think your going to get your point across with personal attacks.

Quote:
One case? My district alone had 6 schools / 24 classes with an average of 19 students per class. Every district in the county had numbers in that range. Simply because they had classes for different levels so that these kids could "have classes they could use" and learn skills for the future.
Well then, where is the issue? I thought the argument was that retards wouldn't receive anything to their advantage since the demand would not be high enough in some areas. Obviously, demand is high enough where you live, so I can't say I see the problem.

Quote:
And what happens when tuition in better schools goes higher? Then the $5000.00 voucher won't cut it. Thus, richer kids in richer schools and poorer kids in poorer schools. HHmmmmmm looks like the same dynamic under a different system. And since there is no gaurantee of at least some form of standard education, it has the potential to be worse than the current system.
Why do you think that tuition would raise out of nowhere? Business owners don't want to cut out an entire source of profit when they can provide quality education for less. If anything, competition would keep their prices low.

Some schools might charge more and be made for the rich, but private schools like that already exist. You cannot eliminate that unless you ban private schools. In any case, are you denying that parents who want a better education for their child should be able to spend more on it?

http://www.cato.org/pubs/briefs/bp-023.html
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
With this kind of reply I had to revise the latest The One and Only stats: the probability that you're a trailer park Republican has risen from 80% to 82%, with a drop that you're an I-Mockery satirical character from 15% to 13%, while the chances that you're one of Vinth's bum buddies, or Vinth himself remain unchanged at 4.5% and 0.5% respectively.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:24 PM       
Watching Walter even attempt to act like he knows anything about math is like watching a dog try to work a doorknob.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:30 PM        :D
And yet he makes mention of "MY" personal attack on his mother.

I see he missed the irony completely.

Quote:
Well then, where is the issue? I thought the argument was that retards wouldn't receive anything to their advantage since the demand would not be high enough in some areas. Obviously, demand is high enough where you live, so I can't say I see the problem.
Unlike you, I don't believe that the area I live in is the only area. What about areas where the demand isn't high enough? You really think that a free market school system will take care of these kids?

And as a side note I'd like to point out that Stephen Hawking would be considered a "retard" in this country as you so gently put it. It's called special education, and encompasses both physically and mentally challenged students. Autistics are also most often above genius level in at least one area. And with proper schooling many can live very normal lives.

Quote:
Some schools might charge more and be made for the rich, but private schools like that already exist.
And they should.

But you didn't address my point that you are creaing the same dynamic with the potential to be far worse.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 08:46 PM       
On a side note, do you really think generic special education teachers are equipped to teach both A) physically fit retards and B) mute and wheelchair-bound geniuses?
Mocker
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:48 PM       
You would be amazed how many teachers are not qualified for their job.

Yes, I know what special education entails, I just like throwing around the term retard. It was fun. On another note, however: do you honestly believe that parents who have children with special needs in such areas could not find a tutor? Do you have a particular problem with school away from home? I sincerely believe that the number of cases where nothing can be found would be small, and that they do not justify a failing system.

If worse came to worse, we could simply force all schools to accept all students, regardless of special needs, etc. Then, no one is excluded. Do I believe that should be the approach we take? No. I do, however, think it is still a much better alternative to state-provided schools.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 09:35 AM       
"Watching Walter even attempt to act like he knows anything about math is like watching a dog try to work a doorknob."
Vinth 'irony blind' Clambake

Oh, Sure, Vinth! Way to throw up a insult on the maker of a arguments without ever having had a decent talking back to the argument itself! That's the gold standard of the guy with the jizz on his face from another guy who forced a blow job on him to boot! It's one thing to attack me and i don't even care at all but when you attack someone like walter only for having had the courage to speak up his free speech on the subject of trying to make a better thing with the world it just shows you up for the closed minded robot sucker of jizz out a asshole of a person who doesn't even know you are not a gilr for five bucks with a crazy stray!
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 09:59 AM       
OAO.

In answer to gives a shit about who educates 'retards', you need look no further than your own teachers. You scruple at 'personal attacks' and yet you say 'retard' the Vinth says Jew.

"Education is not a right, it's a privelidge! "

In what country? In ours, education is a right.
!!!! is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
No schools!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 12:59 PM       
I'm honestly not sure what's funnier. VinceZeb's actual posts or Max Burbank's dead-on parodies of them.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 01:54 PM       
Vinth is funnier.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM       
Quote:
If worse came to worse, we could simply force all schools to accept all students, regardless of special needs, etc. Then, no one is excluded. Do I believe that should be the approach we take? No. I do, however, think it is still a much better alternative to state-provided schools.
And how would that be any different from public school, if worse came to worse?
Mocker
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 06:21 PM       
Competition. Say it with me now, kids. C-O-M-P-E-T-I-T-I-O-N.

Plus, what are the odds of the worse case scenario? My guess: not very high.

Burbank, I just felt like throwing the term retard around. Sometimes it takes a Vinthian comment to get the point across. But despite all that, would please site where education is a right? I never saw that in the BoR...

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 09:37 PM       
Education is not a right. Never has been, never will be. It is a gateway to the pursuit of happiness, but you can pursue happiness without it.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Education is not a right. Never has been, never will be. It is a gateway to the pursuit of happiness, but you can pursue happiness without it.
Our laws say it's a right.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 11:35 PM       
Education isn't a right, its a responsibility.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM       
Vinth defines 'rights' as things which he thinks are 'rights'. It's a great way to define things. If you're an idiot.