Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 05:52 AM        Let's talk NFL (2008 edition)
The season is still off a ways, but the stars won't let that stop them from making news. Our latest story is "Ocho Cinco" himself, Chad Johnson

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

The popular theme seems to be that most people want to hate Chad Johnson for this, along with his on field antics.

I will be taking a different view on the subject.

I have listened to a ton of Chad Johnson interviews over the last year. He has made it clear he is unhappy, however, he still refuses to go into detail about why he is upset. I have gleaned a few things from his interviews though that have made me feel sympathy for Chad Johnson.

1) He is a pretty sharp guy, and I am pretty sure if he wanted to take the low road, he would have told us by now exactly what the Bengals are doing to him to upset him. As it is, he is being very vague. This means he is either being forced by the Bengals to keep a lid on this (which makes little sense because why would he do what they say when he is rebelling against them) or more likely, he just wants to keep the dirty laundry of the details out of it.

2) The Bengals have a well paid PR team that is good at spinning news to the media. They aren't about to admit there is a chance they have done something to Chad Johnson to deserve this.

3) He has played for the Bengals for years, he has clearly had fun doing it and loves making a show for the fans. It would take something pretty extreme to make him say he wasn't going to play if the Bengals don't trade him. That makes me think something was done to him that is not being made public.

So I for one won't be piling on Ocho Cinco. I really believe we aren't getting all the story, and I don't trust the Bengals in this at all. Some info is clearly missing in this.