Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM        which game is the toughest to officiate?
I like the replay challenge rules in the NFL. It makes the job easier for the refs. I heard rumors that similiar ruling may be added to MLB which I dont like because it would prolong the game as if it isnt already long enough and i enjoy watching managers and players go through total meltdowns. I think NBA has the worst officiating of all sports. Despite one single ref being caught in a betting scandal one season ago, i would expect the officiating in nba games would improve but there have been a lot of cheap calls this season, its ridiculous how it could affect the outcome of the games.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 06:20 PM       
I don't know if one is any harder than the other, but baseball umps get a lot of scrutiny because there is no replay. I like it that way, and besides, it's pretty impressive how often the replay shows them making the right call.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM       
It is certainly easiest to alter the course of the game in the NBA as opposed to other sports through corrupt officiating. I would say that baseball requires the best eye to officiate, there are literally plays that could go either way if either player is a mere microsecond slower.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:33 PM       
When I did fencing in high school (sorry to gay up this thread with fag sports ), we had a mock-tourney (no relation to I-Mock ) in which everyone had to refferee, or whatever it's called in fencing, at least one bout. Calling a fencing bout with electronic scoring equipment is hard, and without such equipment, as at my school, it's even more so. Imagine watching two people stab eachother with wobbly swords at almost the exact same time, and you're the one who has to call who struck first, if someone was off-target, didn't have right-of-way, or whatever the other rules I never took the time to learn were.

I assume any kind of combat-based sport would be equally hard to judge, but fencing is the only one I have any experience with.

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
I was talking to a friend at work, and posed this exact question. He replied, without hesitation "Fencing". What are the odds?

I still think soccer is the toughest to officiate. Not only do you have to run around like a madman for 90 minutes, you also have to stay awake all that timmmmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(My apologies to our European members, I mean no disrespect ... well, maybe a little. )
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I was talking to a friend at work, and posed this exact question. He replied, without hesitation "Fencing". What are the odds?

I still think soccer is the toughest to officiate. Not only do you have to run around like a madman for 90 minutes, you also have to stay awake all that timmmmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

(My apologies to our European members, I mean no disrespect ... well, maybe a little. )
My best friend used to ref soccar games and he said you really need to be in running shape for it.
Forum Virgin
GeraldCarter is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 03:10 AM       
I think girls' behaviour at school is deteriorating due to the appeal of Wag lifestyles and reality TV shows. Do you think so?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 08:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldCarter View Post
I think girls' behaviour at school is deteriorating due to the appeal of Wag lifestyles and reality TV shows. Do you think so?
Well I just don't know Mister Spambot, I just don't know
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM       
Looking at this thread from the vantage point of 3 years ago, and I'm amazed no one thought of Ice Dancing. :o
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 04:33 AM       
the answer to this thread is two women fighting over my goddamned balls
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 09:37 AM       
She better lose the fight then.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM       
Somthing tells me Gus wouldn't care who won, just so long as the fight went the distance.