Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM        question about oldies.com movies...
I thought I had really lucked out when I found some great old titles there for decent prices, but I was kind of pissed to see their logo appear and disappear randomly in the corner of the screen throughout the movie. Do they do that with all their movies?

I'm asking you especially, Tadao, because I know you order lots of stuff from there.

It's as annoying as the old Bollywood tapes that do that. Example:

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM       
Actually I order from Amazon

With really old movies I try to borrow them from the internet.

Did you get this in the mail like this? That would suck.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM       
I know I've seen that logo before. I think Volga was an online streaming company. That may be the only copy of that movie around
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:41 PM       
No, this isn't the actual movie, I was just showing an example of what it was like. This is a Tollywood movie called Kondaveeti Donga or something. I used to speak Telugu, but I suck at it now.

Almost all Bollywood/Tollywood movies (especially the copies you get at Indian grocery stores) have those ass-irritating crawling type at the bottom and usually some additional logo in the corner.

I thought you ordered a set of old Japanese movies from Oldies.com?

Nah, I just cracked open the good old Jonestown re-enactment video (the one with James Earl Jones and LeVar Burton!) and not much was amiss except for an oldies.com logo on the jacket. The video wasn't superduper great quality, but it wasn't too bad. But an oldies.com logo kept re-appearing in the top right hand corner, off and on.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:57 PM       
Oh, no I bought those at a used store for 3 times as much as what I showed you online. Oldies had a good description.

That is a shame about the logo. They basically ruined any future purchase from you. I'd rather pay 3 times as much not to have a gay logo flash in the corner every 30 minutes.