Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM        Army of Darkness
I just saw this last night. It fucking sucked ass. What is everyone's fascination with this movie? Was it better when you were a kid or something?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM       
I like this movie, but I can't really justify it aside from that it has Bruce Campbell in it.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM       
What exactly didn't you like about it, Ninjavenom? Granted, it's overquoted by fanboys which can diminish how entertaining it is, but it's still a fun movie. Evil Dead 2 is by far the best of the trilogy if you ask me, but that doesn't mean AOD sucked or anything. I loved his quest to go find the book of the dead probably more than anything in it.

Looking forward to "My Name Is Bruce" as well...
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 12:45 PM       
It's camp, fuck

Reminds me of the little kids whining about Ghostbusters when our local theatre played it
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom View Post
I just saw this last night. It fucking sucked ass. What is everyone's fascination with this movie? Was it better when you were a kid or something?

You sir, have no soul.
AlliSabbah is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM       
I was an adult when this movie came out. Thankd for making me feel old.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
I'm just in it for the cult following, I'm sure if I had no prior knowledge of it I would have not thought it was very good. However, there is no denying the badass of the chainsaw arming sequence.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM       
As Gris said Aod is all about campy fun. The second one mixes comedy and horror together better than anything else I've ever seen while the third one is just pure goof ball comedy which can be pretty easy to hate. I can't imagine anyone not being disappointed in AoD after seeing Evil Dead 2, lucky for me I saw them in a reverse order; third, first, and then the second one.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM       
I have similar feelings toward the movie, actually.

The first 30 minutes of the movie were completely awesome and the perfect blend of cheesey effects and badass one-liners, but after he sets out to get the book it's just really stupid.

I still sort of enjoyed it, but it's not the tour-de-force everyone hails it as.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
I've never met anybody who would call a Campbell movie a "tour de force".
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
Rog and Maddox, for two
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM       
I think it's a pretty entertaining movie but not as amazing as some people claim it to be.

Then again, what do I know? I think Baby's Day Out was robbed of an Academy Award!
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
Im just an average Evil Dead fan, and I thought it was a classic. Don't let guys like Spetnaz and the generic zombie posse ruin it for you guys.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
I was very high when I first watched it. So it was great the first time.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM       
Well, it's not the worst movie i've seen or anything, but i was pretty disappointed after i watched it. Teaching the medieval warriors to fight with the staves, the cheap special effects, mercilessly corny dialogue, and the ridiculous zombie-destroying car just didn't really do it for me. I don't really like (non-gory) camp in my movies, though, so i guess that can be said in the movie's defense. I'm not a huge Evil Dead fan, either. I hated the first movie, so i dread to see the second one ;_;. I just expected it to be a little more over the top and less tame, i guess.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
Dude, even though I liked the first and third Evil Dead they are both complete garbage compared to the second one. Your really missing out not watching it.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 11:18 AM       
If you didn't like the first one, don't see the second one. It's the same movie, just with a comedy twist put on it.
Delusions of Adequacy
Fatacula is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:38 PM       
I would have to agree with King Hadas, give Evil Dead 2 a chance and it might even improve your opinion of AOD. Its the same campy fun, but thats what Bruce Campbell does so well!
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM       
Eh, its not a movie for everyone, especially in this day and age of shit movies.

I suppose the only reason I like the Evil Dead movies and Army of Darkness, etc. is because I was exposed to them at a REALLY young age.

Then again, while I can't sit through an entire sittng of ANY of those movies anymore ( I know the scripts by heart... ), they are still fucking hilarious.
Deadite
Obscurus Lupa is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
I'm not sure why you would be watching Army of Darkness when you were really young. Maybe the sex jokes went over your head, but my parents probably wouldn't want me watching it.

Army of Darkness (though I like it just as much as any other Evil Dead fan), in my opinion, has nothing to do with the first two movies at all. It's not horror (yeah, there's an army of deadites, but it's NOT horror), there's barely any blood, and there's little-to-no possessions. Also, he isn't crying over Linda, but I suppose that's an improvement if he's going to be a badass. I don't think of it as an extension of Evil Dead, and I'm fine with it. I just view it as a really camp action movie starring Bruce freakin' Campbell.

Evil Dead II was the best one, for sure. It's not like the first one because the first one didn't have a chainsaw hand or crazy hicks with bad teeth. Oh, and no laughing deer head.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom View Post

Yea im a kid, but I actually saw it for the first time last halloween and I thought it was pretty funny.
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 11:23 PM       
AOD seems to be the most quotable of the three, plus it had the bigger budget which made too commercial and quirky. Evil Dead II though is something not to be missed. Inanimate object laughing maniacally, a brand new Linda, Ted Raimi in a old lady fat suit, what's not to love?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Deadite
Obscurus Lupa is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:37 PM       
Let's not forget: "BOBBY JOE!!!"
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM       
He had ,what, five maybe six teeth?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 05:28 PM       
I like the second one but the third is, as you say, really dreadful. It's not funny, gory or bad enough to enjoy. :/
Closed Thread