Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:22 PM       
Powned
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:24 PM       
Edited my post after you posted that. Just console games, plz.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:26 PM       
Hey everybody, let's edit our posts to get around sounding like a retard!

I bet he says "Sue me, jerk."
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:28 PM       
Pfft, I said platform - the PC is a platform ergo I need make no such concessions.

Though I would mention Mass Effect which I still rate as one of the best games I've ever played.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:28 PM       
I edited it just a few seconds after I posted it because I forgot to add something. Sue me, jerk.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:30 PM       
Ooops, I did the same thing. Crazy world we live in.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
See my above post. The Orange Box was available on both platforms.
Yeah, but you had to have been a retard to purchase it for anything other than PC.

Why are you making it sound like I hate Portal and TF2? Best Valve games ever. TF2 is pretty much all I play anymore.

STALKER came out in 2007, too, didn't it? Despite the vanilla release being a massive, broken turd, Oblivion Lost mod makes it one of the most immersive and impressive things I've ever seen.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
Also I never said anything on the Wii was innovative

The console itself is a neat idea, but nobody will take it seriously. An awesome game like deBlob or No More Heroes comes out for it every once in a while, but everyone passes those off as bullshit for reasons I cannot begin to comprehend.

Your brains have probably been stupidified by Gears of War and Halo.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
Gears of War isn't even good, guys, come on.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:56 PM       
Of all the PS3's problems its price isn't very important. The lack of games is far more damaging to its reputation.

I've had one for a couple of months and I can rent just about everything released for it for free. So far I've only found two games that I like; Battlefield Bad Company and Uncharted.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
I was actually planning on getting a PS3 eventually, too. "Too expensive" isn't really an issue if you don't rely on mommy and daddy for all your monetary requirements.

Still, 500 dollars. God damn.

I'll probably need to do some looking to find the 60GB model with the Emotion Engine, too, since I'm mainly going to use it to play all the PS2 exclusives I missed out on in my Gamecube days.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM       
Gears of war was fun. Stop fucking acting like every game sucks unless it is incredibly over the top with either nintendo icons or gay anime shit, has NICE, BRIGHT COLORS, and motion sensitive controls.

I'd agree that mass effect was one of the best games of the year. Fuck, even the xbox live arcade gets some really good games. Braid and castle crashers kick ass.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
I act like games suck when they do

Like Gears of War
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:33 PM       
Thanks for reminding me about WiiWare games, btw. See? Wii does too have some good stuff.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM       
Yeah, there's a whole shitload of great stuff on there. Oh yeah, there's only megaman 9

I have that on xbox live.

Your opinion on games is shit. If not because you're a vapid shit, then because you fucking flip flop on anything you say anyway.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
Zomboid responding with namecalling and hostility to a perfectly valid and neutral point?

Inconceivable!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
Yeah and Diablo is an awesome game!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Diablo 3 looks pretty good
The Wolf
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM       
Are you really that fucking dumb, or do you just not know how to read? Your "valid point" was shot down. Wiiware has fuck all for games. OMG POKEMON FARM! YAAAAAAY! More kiddy nintendo shit. Whaaaat fun. The only other thing on there that is worth a shot is possibly the strong bad game.

Secondary point is: Your opinion is null because you can't even stand by your own arguments. You bitch and complain forever about something, and then a day later you go back on it and say you're wrong. Oh, and you sometimes toss in a :<

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM       
Zomboid, how bout you make a list of games that I supposedly only like because the bright and flashing colors keep me amused, and I'll give you valid reasons as to why they are fantastic?

Then you can establish in a civil manner, to me, why Gears of War and all that chaff is, in fact, not boring, unoriginal, and repetitive as hell.

There are also plenty of neat WiiWare games to play if you bother to look!

The Dr Mario thing, Defend Your Castle, Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Megaman, Art Style: Orbient, etc.
The Wolf
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM       
The fact that the wii is the only console you owns means that most of the shit you play already fits that bill. Thanks.

Gears of war is just a fun game. It's fast-paced, involves strategy on the higher difficulty levels and multiplayer, and the setting is fucking cool. It's like the guys from Predator got tossed into a war with an amalgamation of every cool alien race. It's not the be-all, end-all game that some people claim it to be, but it's fun and people still play it. The fact that it's got a very active multiplayer community means that it's yet another notch above every single wii game.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM       
Quote:
involves strategy on the higher difficulty levels and multiplayer
One multiplayer strategy, along the lines of "get to the torque bow first," and one single player strategy, involving crouching behind cover waiting for your chance to pick everything off slowly, laboriously, tediously, from a distance. That's why I didn't like playing Mass Effect, either. Or any third person shooters that take after Gears.

World of Warcraft also has a very active online community, Zomboid, but under no circumstances does that make it a good game.

I hate to compare apples to oranges here, but in the online department Mario Strikers has any number of hilarious and humiliating ways to kick your adversary's arse, most of which are satisfying as hell to pull off, and counterable, provided you know what the hell you're doing; so, games between equally matched players can and will go on for ages and ages. It is intense as hell and the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer game. I'm not just ducking behind cover and shooting some moron who has a smaller gun than me, I am matched on a level playing field of wits and resources, and then through strategy and cunning I cut his head off and smash it onto a pike with my gigantic BATTLE MALLET. That's what every multiplayer game should feel like.

The only comparable thing to it is winning a heated game of Starcraft against some obsessive Korean kid. Except you need way better reflexes.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
GoW may not be that original from a setting/storyline perspective but what sets it apart is the quality. Everything about the game is really well done - the graphics, the animations, the cover system. Besides, people like games about space marines killing aliens, just like people like games about nazis and zombies.

I like that original games are made (Portal/TF2 etc) but I don't think you should have originality for the sake of originality. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
Large amounts of polish in everything is sort of a granted quality for games these days, though, so if it doesn't do something other than that I'm not too inclined to be interested.

Also, every game and their dog is about World War 2 and Space Marines; I can understand that people like that stuff. I like stuff, too, but I wouldn't want every game ever to be about surreal, foggy, haunted tourist towns and Joe-Normal protagonists braving the horrors within, it'd just get boring.
The Wolf
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Large amounts of polish in everything is sort of a granted quality for games these days, though, so if it doesn't do something other than that I'm not too inclined to be interested.

Also, every game and their dog is about World War 2 and Space Marines; I can understand that people like that stuff. I like stuff, too, but I wouldn't want every game ever to be about surreal, foggy, haunted tourist towns and Joe-Normal protagonists braving the horrors within, it'd just get boring.
Yeah, large amounts of polish is a granted quality for games these days except for most games on the wii. GoW just one-upped a bunch of games with certain things, which is why it became so popular.

Not every game is the same because it contains some base attributes that other games contain as well. I don't see why that is hard for you.