Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:50 AM       
Would a term such as "Christ Killer" be a bigotted remark?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:53 AM       
Max doesn't count.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:26 AM       
Get out of my thread. Seriously.

This thread is not for you to pull your pork rind-induced arguments and debates with people. We're discussing views and opinions, not arguing them.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:23 AM       

Hey kids, it's Vinth the Nazi Robot!

Remember, put any Jews you find in my belly because they don't count!
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:34 AM       
BRILLIANT!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:40 AM       
Really? I don't? Why not? Maybe you don't count when james calls you a "Jungle Bunny", which by the way, is funny precisely because it is arandomly selected, innacurate slur. THAT'S what makes it funny, and it's even funnier that you don't get it you stupid chink spick.

And don't bother calling me racist, becuase Vinth doethn't count.

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:50 AM       
I must say that anytime I feel like I am down in life, I can come here and see people who are worse than I'll ever be able to sink to.

Thanks. I mean that.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:18 AM       
Now I will say way to adress the insulting of the arguer and not the argument they made as an argument, Clambake. but then this is how we talked to it himself.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
And to Kelly, its called reading a book. Try it. Well, I should say try reading GOOD books.
I've read several books on Darwinism but I don't recall reading anything pertaining to social evolution as it pertains to humans. I admitted that much. I wasn't trying to ridicule you. One of my question was whether you took it out of context. The other was asking whether you were mocking the theories of old or trying to use them as scientific support of your current ideas. I couldn't tell from your post. By the way, the term "homo sapiens" refers to the human species, not any one race. :droppingknowledge

Wherever you go, there you are.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:53 PM       
Vince, are you saying that the bible-thumping, literalistic KKK has a racist policy because Darwin put it in their heads that whites are better fit than blacks? Are you really so thoroughly dense that you think that any mode of white supremacy is truly rooted in scientifically objective evolution?

You'd said before that you only believe in microevolution, not macro. Why not? Your religion accepts macroevolution and even the Big Bang. Do you have some scientific insight that proves it chemically implausible?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
Vince, are you saying that the bible-thumping, literalistic KKK has a racist policy because Darwin put it in their heads that whites are better fit than blacks? Are you really so thoroughly dense that you think that any mode of white supremacy is truly rooted in scientifically objective evolution?

You'd said before that you only believe in microevolution, not macro. Why not? Your religion accepts macroevolution and even the Big Bang. Do you have some scientific insight that proves it chemically implausible?
The Big bang is easy to disprove. something cannot come from nothing.

Hmmmm... I'm dense, huh? Why don't you go look up a group called World Church Of the Creator. Then you can come back and apologize.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:34 PM       
Knock knock, Vinth. If something cannot come from nothing, then where did your God come from? Neither side can prove their position.

Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:36 PM       
According to God, He has always existed outside of reality. He is true perpetual motion: never beginning nor ending.

And there is a lot more to prove Biblicial accounts than you may thnk, but that is neither here or there.
The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
The Big bang is easy to disprove. something cannot come from nothing.
Be careful with the word cannot, a good scientist never rules out anything except when taking the short view. I give you http://www.bu.edu/wcp/Papers/Meta/MetaSuch.htm

I would cut and paste the relevent parts but it would take up too much space, look at section VI and its subsections.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:01 PM       
Oh and also god can't exist outside of reality..oops i used can't.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
According to God, He has always existed outside of reality. He is true perpetual motion: never beginning nor ending.

And there is a lot more to prove Biblicial accounts than you may thnk, but that is neither here or there.

Well, since God himself said so, then it really must be the case. Because he just happens to talk to people and tell them these things, you know.

Yep.

Again, neither side can definitively prove their case.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:28 PM       
God actually called me the other day, he doesn't exist outside reality. He exists in my TV. He told me to bomb an abortion clinic so I did. I think he wants me to kill myself now.

God works in mysterious ways. Like a ninja.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:00 PM       
No part of the Big Bang theory says that something came out of nothing, dipshit. All the energy that exists now was just compacted into a Plank-level nugget, and that's not quite "nothing".

If you want to play the religion game, I can defend my Catholicism better than your pathetic fumblings of arguments. You have no solid base knowledge of anything, and your opinions are shit and drivel.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:10 PM       
Watch out, Seth. Among Vinths many convnient achievements, he studied to be a priest for two years. He had a calling, seth, a CALLING!

Of course, that being said I can defend Catholocism better than Vince can. Hell, I'm a better Catholic than Vinth is and I'M A JEW!

Old Jun 4th, 2003, 07:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
No part of the Big Bang theory says that something came out of nothing, dipshit. All the energy that exists now was just compacted into a Plank-level nugget, and that's not quite "nothing".

If you want to play the religion game, I can defend my Catholicism better than your pathetic fumblings of arguments. You have no solid base knowledge of anything, and your opinions are shit and drivel.
Please, don't even try to start shit with me when it comes to faith and religion. I guarentee I will drive you into the fucking ground. But I do not come here to discuss religion, and the entire argument is pointless, because you won't change any of your views and I sure as hell wont change mine.

Ok, Sethomas, where did that little plank nugget filled with the ENGERGY OF THE UNIVERSE come from? And if the big bang/evolution theory was correct, why is everything living shorter now than it did before?

And when it comes to the flood, did you know that almost every civilization has a flood story? And the closer to the middle east it is, the more closely it resembles the Bible? And in China, a man found a tale about the flood from a group of Chinese tribes (that were seperated from the Chinese people) that had a flood story almost EXACTLY like the one in the Torah.

I can go on and on about it. So please, let's just agree to disagree.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 08:38 AM       
Why did you put yourself above such a 'pointless' argument, yet continue to fuel the flames?

"why is everything living shorter now than it did before? "

Huh?

I think Plank Nugget and God came from the same place. In fact, I bet they grew up together to boot. 'Nuff said.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 09:34 AM       
The "big bang" is merely the expansion of the universal heart, which will eventually contract to a singularity and explode again into a new universe, over and over, infinitely, as it always has and always will, it's own prime mover. Matter and energy are the same thing, neither created nor destroyed, only prepetually tansformed. As far as we know. We call this God as it is beyond human comprehension.

Either that, or the earth is a bowl on the back of a Turtle in the middle of the All surrounded by Chaos.

All systems of thought, scientiffic or religous require a certain amount of blind, unquestioning, illogical faith at their center.

Or the courage to say "I don't know."
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 09:41 AM       
Quote:
Please, don't even try to start shit with me when it comes to faith and religion. I guarentee I will drive you into the fucking ground.
Arguing for the existence of God as the prime mover will eventually lead to the question of what created God, then what created THAT entity, ad infintum. It's a faith based argument that can never be proved. Those that argue for the Big Bang say it was preceded by a Big Crunch, and that it precedes in this way in an endless series of entropy increase/decreae and/or energy increase/decrease in no particular order. Currently scientists believe we're in the point of the cycle that favors loss of entropy. When you get to that level of infinity in science, you're also faced with an argument that's based on man's faith in his logical acumen. So that too cannot be solved by a purely empirical, methodological approach. It's more metaphysical. So again, you're at a dead end. I think that the best approach at this point is a reconciliation of the two approached taking from each that which seems to logically fit AND which we can faithfully believe in without taking anything away from either. It can be done.

Quote:
And in China, a man found a tale about the flood from a group of Chinese tribes (that were seperated from the Chinese people) that had a flood story almost EXACTLY like the one in the Torah.
That reminds me of the old intelligence-check riddle that goes "If a plane crashes in the ocean killing everyone on board, how many surivors were there to tell the story?". Methinks you take the Bible a bit too literally.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
Besides, the Biblical flood myth and that chinese stories are just fictionalized memories of the sinking of Atlantis.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 04:58 PM       

Vinth, you like to talk, so why should it be any different that people six thousand years ago didn't talk and share stories? Fast forward a few centuries, and there you go: an entire culture a thousand miles away is left thinking that the story originated with them.