Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
i hope you get ass cancer
If enough BS gets blown up my ass by smokers about their rights, I just might
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 02:12 AM       
alley oop
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 11:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Tadao answered this perfectly when he said this
Yeah. I was under the impression of the OP that all smoking in all bars and clubs and restaurants was being outlawed and that the only place to smoke would be in his house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
This entire thread makes me

I have an employee who had leukemia, went through a particularly heinous regimen of chemotherapy, is over 5 years clean, and yet still insists on taking a smoke break three times a day. I'm ashamed that I get on their sorry ass every time I get the opportunity, since my stepfather died a particularly slow and painful death of throat cancer becasue he couldn't stop smoking and drinking at the same time.

I have no sympathy.
Leukemia isnt real cancer. He should be a man and go get some for his prostate.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM       
There are very few family run bars and smoking should be optional if the workers want there to be smoking.
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 02:03 PM       
What exactly do you mean by family run? If you were to open your own bar would it not be "family run"? Are all the bars in Cali some sort of franchise? At what point do you no longer have the option to be a smoking establishment?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 02:19 PM       
As in you hire only family as staff.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM       
yeah, that would be a "no shit" moment right there, dimnos
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM       
So if you hire so much as one person who isnt family you no longer have the option of being a smoking establishment? If you and your best friend decided to open a bar together you couldnt opt to allow smoking?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 06:59 PM       
correct

I guess if we were both owners than we could have smoking, but if we hired one person to wash glasses in the back who wasn't family, no smoking.

I said that they didn't ban smoking for the publics concern but for the employees, that is what they say at least, but that's a bunch of bullshit cause when pressed to allow smoking in bars where the employees wanted smoking, the refused to bend.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 07:08 PM       
The problem is if they lift the ban on bars, they open a can of worms because many restaurants will reclassify themselves as a bar. Now grandma with her oxygen tank can't go to Applebee's with her family.

Unfortunately it is a slippery slope. Otherwise I would be all for smoking in bars that are just bars, what difference does it make if you are choosing to kill your lungs or your liver
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM       
Who wants old people at restaurants, they never tip.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM       
It bothers me that people read that list and assumed everything was true on the bulleted items.

I know for a fact, offhand, that they've done extensive testing on coffee, and the only side effects it has are overwhelmingly positive. They've also done extensive testing on cell phones, but other than a few extremely early models, none have affected people physically.

Srsly
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 02:03 PM       
To much coffee will cause you to develop chronic urination.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 02:35 PM       
And Hipsteritis
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 02:43 PM       
Dimnos, that's like saying that too much water will cause you to develop chronic urination.

And thanks for the laugh, Tadao <3
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 03:00 PM       
Water will do it too. Not to mention beer. Its a real condition that affects millions of people the world over. :bleedingheart
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 03:21 PM       
Coffee is a gateway drug to meth
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM       
there was a family owned bar or whatever in town where you could smoke and they would have friends and other non-family people working for them. but they all agreed to work in a bar where you can smoke so it was ok

coffee has no side-effects? what about caffeine?
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
They were looking for long term side detrimental effects of coffee. They couldn't find any.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM       
Here's to caffeine addiction!
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM       
Caffeine addiction is not fun, Especially once you realize you have it and then go through withdrawal.

Of course when I went through it I also had strep so I may be giving it more oomph than it deserves, but the headaches were brutal.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 10:05 AM       
I've gone through it, going from drinking two six-shot drinks a day down to nothing. It wasn't too bad, to be honest.