Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 12:39 PM        New Line Relaunches 'Phantasm' Franchise
Quote:
New Line Relaunches 'Phantasm' Franchise ...

March 10, 2005 -- The Hollywood Reporter says that the "Phantasm" franchise has been picked up by New Line, which seems to be very active these days putting together horror projects, what with the news that Tarantino may be directing the 11th "Friday the 13th" entry for them as well:

"New Line Cinema is in final negotiations with filmmaker Don Coscarelli to bring the cult horror film 'Phantasm' back to the big screen. The first 'Phantasm,' which Coscarelli wrote and directed, was released in 1979. It told the story of a young boy named Mike and his friends, who face off against a mysterious grave robber known as the Tall Man and his killer flying spheres. The film spawned three sequels, all of which were made by Coscarelli. Coscarelli would act as producer on the new version, in which the Tall Man travels from town to town turning the dead into his own army and using his deadly spheres against anyone who opposes him. Mike, who is developing psychic powers, and his brother try to stop him. The movie is being developed as a relaunch and as a possible trilogy about Mike's coming of age."

Bloody-Disgusting reports that the new Phantasm serise will be its own "trilogy," and that this is a "re-launch" of the franchise rather than a remake. Angus Scrimm is expected to return as the Tall Man. ...
Hopefully this means they'll release the originals on DVD with better treatments now too. I haven't seen Phantasm II in soooo long. I love this series cuz it's one of the few that's truly creepy.

sports is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 01:17 PM       
Sounds cool. I'm gonna have to rent some of them old flicks sometime.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 02:30 PM       
Fucking good news. I'm with ya on hoping they re-release the dvds too. I've been putting off buying any in the hopes that eventually there'll be a better version. They'd better do a good job with the new ones and not tone them down and make them gay

That was very funny. Well done.

Galvatron is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 02:41 PM       
Eh.. Hmm.. I'll only see the new phantasm if Angus Scrimm reprises his role. ( or if he couldn't do it, if they hired John Hurt to play the role, but thats it. That's the only substitute I'll accept)
Mocker
Spooky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM       
you people always beat me to posting the horror movie news
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 07:44 AM       
OMG the movie has to have a cameo from the most badass inprovised weapon on the planet! The 4 Barreled shotgun. I still havent seen 1 & 3, the 2nd one is ALWAYS on on my satelite TV.