Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM        Shin Chan
I really like this show, though I know probably shouldn't. Not just because it's anime, but because the script for the Adult Swim version, to my understanding, is completely different from the Japanese show, to the point that it's basically a bastardization. But maybe that just goes to show that the only way to make anime good is to totally gut it from the inside out and make it unrecognizable.

Anyone else like it? Not that I mind being to only one who likes it, I just like knowing when I am.

What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne View Post
But maybe that just goes to show that the only way to make anime good is to totally gut it from the inside out and make it unrecognizable.

Anyone else like it? Not that I mind being to only one who likes it, I just like knowing when I am.
I like it just because the art is horrible in a good way (where the shit animation works fine with the art.) and that it's completely bat-fucked crazy, and if it pisses off otaku cunts by changing the script, then it's an even better show for feuling unthreatening zit-fueled rage.

j/k fuck them
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 03:18 PM       
I love this show

It used to be on fox kids in the uk, which used a different set of English speaking voice actors, both versions are great though

is there more episodes on adult swim these days?

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM       
I've seen a couple of episodes of this. I was surprised that it was actually funny.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 07:32 PM       
I like it. Sometimes it's just stupid, but it is funny to see that they've taken some bland anime and turned it into something that at least makes sense to American audiences. Kinda like what they did with Lupin the 3rd.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM       
I'm not even going to give it a chance. I don't even like that South Park episode that makes fun of anime. That's how much I hate anime.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM       
Eyebrow Tuna is funnier.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM       
But can it beat What's Up, Tiger Lily?